• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia, Saturday 19 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
If the wallabies want to win the french test then Douglas , Simmons and Arnold need to be the locks. I dares say these 3 locks need to be the combination for the rest of the tests.

Arnold has only started 6 tests all year. If he needs rest then he should be on the bench.

Simmons and Douglas can start and then Arnold for Douglas.

If Carter and Simmons are on at the same time there is no muscle, no impact.
Carter is a lite version of Simmons.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I may be missing something.
How/why do we replace two second rowers with a 6 and a winger?

Yes, I'm just making the assumption that we go back to a 5:3 split, but that could be wrong. And when I first wrote that on Sunday I was thinking that if Douglas isn't fit the best option was to bring Fardy in and move Mumm in to the row. But as you can see if you read a little further I concede that Douglas is a better option if he is fit. Carter could well parachute straight into the 23 as well.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If the wallabies want to win the french test then Douglas , Simmons and Arnold need to be the locks. I dares say these 3 locks need to be the combination for the rest of the tests.

Arnold has only started 6 tests all year. If he needs rest then he should be on the bench.

Gee you are putting plenty of pressure on 3 guys to win the test.

Methinks a few others will have more impact on the result than those 3 combined

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
And I've changed my starting front row to:

1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Alan

so:

1. Alan Slipper
2. Latu
3. Robertson Alan
4. Mumm Douglas
5. Simmons
6. Fardy or Mumm
7. Pocock - C
8. Timani
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Speight
12. Hodge
13. TK
14. Naivalu
15. DHP

16. Moore
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Arnold
20. Hooper
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. Folau

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Gee you are putting plenty of pressure on 3 guys to win the test.

Methinks a few others will have more impact on the result than those 3 combined

there are a number of people required to stay healthy for the wallabies to win the tests.

Pocock, Timani, the 3 locks, Kepu, Sio being the most important. Other positions have sufficient quality backup.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
there are a number of people required to stay healthy for the wallabies to win the tests.

Pocock, Timani, the 3 locks, Kepu, Sio being the most important. Other positions have sufficient quality backup.

Fuck = the most important bloke is the kicker

Foley won the last game on his own

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Fuck = the most important bloke is the kicker

Foley won the last game on his own

and came close to losing it with his non creative play.

The kicking difference between him and QC (Quade Cooper) is not that great when you take into account how foley only kicks short range and not out wide.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
and came close to losing it with his non creative play.

The kicking difference between him and QC (Quade Cooper) is not that great when you take into account how foley only kicks short range and not out wide.

After the successful event , it's always easy to justify the decision. Floey has flogged the Scots on the last 2 occasions.

Soif Foley plays we need to score tries in close and get penalties near the sticks.

Reckon Chek should put that in the game plan:)

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
After the successful event , it's always easy to justify the decision. Floey has flogged the Scots on the last 2 occasions.

Soif Foley plays we need to score tries in close and get penalties near the sticks.

Reckon Chek should put that in the game plan:)

Try logic next time instead of sarcasm and being dismissive.

You approach doesn't lead to discussions.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Try logic next time instead of sarcasm and being dismissive.

You approach doesn't lead to discussions.

My post was actually full of both however you focused on only one.

Have a nice day. You may think I am being sarcastic but the comment needs to be read and interpreted narrowly. That means, have a nice day !

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

Being accused of being lighter than Simmons is a pretty damning indictment. Although, Simmons has improved this year in his impact with the ball in hand (a bit) and is solid enough in the tackle.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Coleman was big loss for team and tour... Him and Rory were starting to get a real good combo - I think both Timani and Rory all fed off Colemans confidence... As much as Skelton did drop his enormous shoulder into Grey it wasnt that bad... I'd like to see Rory and Douglas combine for a bit... and someone pls tell Skelton when he comes on RUN HARD BOY!! He was too busy doing fancy passes in his cameo the other night...

re Simmons.... yeah he was good when we didnt have many other choices...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
re Simmons.. yeah he was good when we didnt have many other choices.

Exactly.
I reckon that game was as close as it was because Simmons cannot get to and stay at the gain line.
His body height is atrocious: Arnold and Coleman were showing what hard, athletic locks can do for a team's go forward.
Simmons just shows us back to the future without the future.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Ominous?

Qantas Wallabies@qantaswallabies 11m11 minutes ago
Welcome back, Taqele! #FRAvAUS #StrongerAsOne
CxROxbTWgAAhcnU.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jeez that is a terrible haircut. From the neckbeard to the mohawk-mullet there is nothing good happening at all.

Given his form for the BaaBaas though, you'd have to think he's a shot at joining the test 23.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Seems like Timani shouldn't have been the only player we forced into playing in the backrow!

I know that was said in jest however a lot really think that TN could play in the backrow right now. A lot who also think league forwards can transition quickly.

takes more than size.

Timani had experience at 6 and 8.
He is practised at rucks and mauls, lineouts, scrums. None of which TN is.

Status
Not open for further replies.