• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia, Saturday 19 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
So you believe in no nation states and thus no borders?

So would you be happy with literally millions of middle east refugees coming to australia then?

Mind you with no nation states then no need for providing support of any kind since there is no nation to do that.

Come on now...let's keep politics away from rugby. p.s. spot the far right wing white male.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Come on now.let's keep politics away from rugby.

fair enough, I am just curious when people state that they don't believe in nations what that actually means to them in practical terms.

BTW no need to try and label me and then cross it out as if it was a joke. That makes it personal and is not needed either.

Reactions: gel

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
fair enough, I am just curious when people state that they don't believe in nations what that actually means to them in practical terms.

BTW no need to try and label me and then cross it out as if it was a joke. That makes it personal and is not needed either.

Couldn't help myself ;) but agreed.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Cheika has foreshadowed a 'handful of changes' for this game in the interest of managing the load of certain players and giving others an opportunity. Said that he learnt from the 2014 experience.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So based on that I will reiterate my earlier forecast side:

1. Alan
2. Latu
3. Robertson
4. Mumm
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock - C
8. Timani
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Naivalu
12. Hodge
13. TK
14. DHP
15. Folau

16. Moore
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Arnold
20. Hooper
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. Speight

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, without Beale we can't just ride Izzy into the ground. He's our only 'test 15' because DHP is yet to play there.

I'd also like to see some of those 8 blokes we just brought in given a run. I know they're for the Babas, but why not. They're there and this is our only non-grand slam game.

There's no reason not to develop.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
KOB,

Disagree on the front row, not just because I think you still have the props on the opposite side to where Cheika willplay them, but I don't think Tom Robertson is yet ready for a start. I'd prefer to see Slipper start at LHP with AAA at THP. Robertson and Kepu probably on the bench. Sio gets the game rest.

I'd also start Latu at No 2 but have Ready on the bench to rest Moore for a week.

In no nightmare would I see Mumm and Simmons in the second row, starting together. If he's anywhere near fit, then Douglas needs a run and would complement Simmons better. I'd then have Sam Carter on the bench for Rory Arnold to have a rest.

Especially like the look of the back row. That is the most aggressive combination we have, and with McMahon on the bench, not much loss whenever or wherever he comes on. Hooper to get a well deserved rest.

Backline looks good; Naivalu must get a full game at last. Maybe Godwin at 12 if Hodge needs a rest and otherwise certainly DHP to No 15 with Morahan perhaps on the wing and Folau to the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Unless a player is struggling under the load, I wouldn't want to see many/any changes, apart from Skelton

The centres need more time together, there will be 2 changes in the locks already.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Unless a player is struggling under the load, I wouldn't want to see many/any changes, apart from Skelton

The centres need more time together, there will be 2 changes in the locks already.

Probably right Fatprop.

The boys are playing the house down ATM:)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Probably right Fatprop.

The boys are playing the house down ATM:)

I just don't see any of the suggested changes improving outcomes.

But Coleman is a massive loss and we have no direct replacement with the same skills and form to slot in. They are all downgrades

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
BR, you have some logic there and I may well have the props the wrong way around. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mumm/Simmons the starting lock pairing when we beat the ABs last year? Or was it Mumm/Horwill? Anyway, what I've done is try to forecast what Cheika's 'best' 23 is allowing for Coleman and Skelton to be replaced by Fardy and Naivalu, and then I've just made a team from that 23 but giving some of the regular starters a break on the pine. But I agree that one of Simmons, Fardy or Mumm may need to be dispensed with in favour of Douglas if he is fit.

One thing that Cheika doesn't do is hand out test caps willy nilly, in particular debuts. Unless there is a genuine niggle or injury concern then the 23 blokes he picks to represent the country will be the best 23 available, in his opinion. But he may well fiddle with the starting setup.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
BR, you have some logic there and I may well have the props the wrong way around. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mumm/Simmons the starting lock pairing when we beat the ABs last year? Or was it Mumm/Horwill? Anyway, what I've done is try to forecast what Cheika's 'best' 23 is allowing for Coleman and Skelton to be replaced by Fardy and Naivalu, and then I've just made a team from that 23 but giving some of the regular starters a break on the pine. But I agree that one of Simmons, Fardy or Mumm may need to be dispensed with in favour of Douglas if he is fit.

One thing that Cheika doesn't do is hand out test caps willy nilly, in particular debuts. Unless there is a genuine niggle or injury concern then the 23 blokes he picks to represent the country will be the best 23 available, in his opinion. But he may well fiddle with the starting setup.

Kob
I really hope it doesn't cum to this

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Under the assumption that we won't be playing a 6:2 bench and Skelton will be replaced by an outside back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why?
Do we rate the Scot's pack ahead of the french? The latter have a $3m scrum machine is it in the same state as their automotive industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.