• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
One guy who I think will have a very good year is Hugh Pyle. Started some games from the bench last year but is now the vice captain and should play more minutes.

I can see him finishing 3rd or 4th in total points behind Bekker, Van Heerden and maybe Sharpe or Kimlin. Is only 175K.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK so I have finally settled on my team. A lot of Saffers for some reason, and not many Aussies. Not sure why that is.

Attachments

• Team.gif
    Team.gif
    58.9 KB · Views: 222

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
OK so I have finally settled on my team. A lot of Saffers for some reason, and not many Aussies. Not sure why that is.

Quade and Drew are injured. Beale is on bye. Everyone that had Genia last year has gone to Pretorius. Alexander is iffy to play and has the bye the next week.

Those 5 guys were in everyone's team last year.

W

wilqq

Hi everyone,

I've been long time reader and forum lurker for a while, I didn't play fantasy last year but decided to join this year.

I don't know how long I was trying to pick but I decided to just stick with this one, left more than enough in the bank to make necessary changes after week 1 and I think it's quite diverse as far as player's teams goes.

Attachments

• team.jpg
    team.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 205

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hi everyone,

I've been long time reader and forum lurker for a while, I didn't play fantasy last year but decided to join this year.

I don't know how long I was trying to pick but I decided to just stick with this one, left more than enough in the bank to make necessary changes after week 1 and I think it's quite diverse as far as player's teams goes.

I'm not sold on your backrow. I think you need one of Thompson, Messam or Pocock.

W

wilqq

I'm not sold on your backrow. I think you need one of Thompson, Messam or Pocock.

How about Pocock, Messam, Lam backrow? I wonder if it's good idea to give captaincy to one of them..

S

spooony

Was wondering the same thing. Had to remove them and guessed with the Hurricanes

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks Swat, found it.

Anyone know much about Noakes playing 10 for Highlanders? I'm thinking of having him as my reserve fly-half because he is a starter...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I joined up but now I'm thinking this takes a hell of a lot of time to get right. So let me see if I have this right.

1. you need to pick 80 min players
  2. every week you need to be sure your players are actually playing.
  3. you need to pick players who earn points however that is.
  4. and players who don't get cards or make mistake.
Anything else?

I'm not sure I have the patience to be any good at this. How much time do you need to devote each week?

S

spooony

Note to self. Do not use Opera browser on that site especially after making wholesale changes only to find the next screen there is no proceed button or anything that looks like it.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks Swat, found it.

Anyone know much about Noakes playing 10 for Highlanders? I'm thinking of having him as my reserve fly-half because he is a starter...

You don't have to have a reserve flyhalf, just any inside backs. I've got Rob Horne as my reserve.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm not sure I have the patience to be any good at this. How much time do you need to devote each week?

Half an hour. Just need to look at the lineups and make sure your players are starting. Thinking about transfers takes a little while, but it's not like it takes hours or anything.

S

spooony

FFs Hookers are expensive. And no pund intended. You got to choose a reserve hooker who might never play as a sub or dish out 350 for one

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I joined up but now I'm thinking this takes a hell of a lot of time to get right. So let me see if I have this right.

1. you need to pick 80 min players
  2. every week you need to be sure your players are actually playing.
  3. you need to pick players who earn points however that is.
  4. and players who don't get cards or make mistake.
Anything else?

You don't actually need to devote much time, if you set aside 1/2 an hour you can make all your picks. The key is to pick your team after all the teams have been announced. It's best if all your guys are starters as it means there's more opportunity to score points. That said, many a sub has come on and bagged a try or 2. The key bit is to roll with the punches. In my first year I was absolutely atrocious, I had games where I was only fielding 6 guys because I got hit by injuries and didn't take into account byes or making sure I picked from more than one or 2 teams. Don't forget there's just as much luck as there is skill, I've had rounds where I've been stuck with a guy I wanted to get rid of and then they've had a blinder. The other thing that stuffed me up was once you've clicked 'confirm transfers' that's it. Even if you've still got time to change things around there is no way to go back to what you had at the start of the week and then make your picks again. Also, have fun. It makes the games you normally don't watch a bit more exciting when you can cheer for one of your fantasy players. Beware though, don't be caught cheering when Pretorius snipes a try this weekend when your wearing your reds jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.