• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sara

Joined for my first year. Fully expecting and in fact looking forward to the wooden spoon. :p

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Joined for my first year. Fully expecting and in fact looking forward to the wooden spoon. :p

Welcome, to both fantasy rugby and the forum. If you need some hints with your picks read Baabaas post on the blog (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-ten-commandments-of-fantasy-rugby/)
Also feel free to post your picks on the forum if you want, we're pretty open with our picks here and just try to get everyone to go well. In return if you win a round feel free to shout a beer or 2 ($1000 bucks for the winner of each round). Have fun!

S

spooony

Dunno? He's named to start. Any WF guys know? might have to check twf forum
Half my setup was red so I had to choose other players, Pocock is not injured.

What you guys think of Afeaki for 125k?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
swat; reckon I'd blow some of your money on backrowers more likely to score points too, like Thomson, Vito/Lam, Minnie, etc. (Minnie is a bargain considering the points he pulled last season in a few games.)

Not sure on Jamie Mac either under the new scoring system, thinking Slipper or Alexander (bye in round 2 though) or even Fat Cat would go better. JC JvR is a fair choice, though.

Wikus is a good choice at lock, as he gets through a lot of work, especially being an ex-open side. Just be careful, as he is bracketed with Dud Root so may not play. His locking partner in Franco v d Merwe may be the better bet, and they are same price.

I picked Leon Power over Sam Carter too. Not sure which will be the right choice in the long run, as I reckon one will drop as Kimlin will go back to the row.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And to get three posts in a row, if I remember correctly Masaga was really up and down on his scoring. Would score a heap one week and not so much the next. Outside Money Bill and Kahui, though, I reckon he'll generally go well as both can set up their outside men.

A

AlexH

Anyone else think that Kane Thompson could be a steal? I thought he absolutely ran riot during the RWC. And I think he's only 100k

Yeah, I think he is a steal too. However, unfortunately, he has not been named in the twenty-two this week due to injury. The good news is we get to see Brodie Retallick in action who is 25K cheaper and was, apparently, one of the stand-out of the junior All Black campaign.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've mixed it up yet again thanks to ash & co. I'm picking Horne on my bench because I rate him and want him for next round against the rebels. Everyone should be a starter. Not sure on Jane's fitness but I figured with Nonu injured they'll look to him to do something so should see a decent amount of ball, plus he looks ready for business:
CoryJane1080.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 14.47.02.png

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's amazing how many people pick players without much consideration:

Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 14.51.20.png

Seriously? 10% of people have spent 425k on Cooper who won't be back until week 6 minimum, 12% have purchased an injured 425k Dan Carter, 11% Nonu and a whopping 17.5% had enough cash lying around to buy a 400k bench warmer in James O'Connor.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
unfortunately more than half that play fantasy wouldn't be Union fans and thus have no idea about who is playing who.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
unfortunately more than half that play fantasy wouldn't be Union fans and thus have no idea about who is playing who.

I wouldn't say more than half, probably a tenth. That said, I find it strange people would pick either QC (Quade Cooper) or DC given that it is well known both are injured, and I think both have had the little red exclamation mark next to them from when this went live (maybe they think it means they're really good???). As for 17.5% picking JOC (James O'Connor) I have little explanation, it's not to hard to figure out the rebels have the bye first round but hey, maybe they're just getting in early.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe Foxsports autopicks these players.

It could be a giveaway that Foxsports adds in a whole lot of fake accounts to boost their numbers :eek:

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Nic White looks like a handy pick up, probably will be kicking the goals if the trials are anything to go by.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've mixed it up yet again thanks to ash & co. I'm picking Horne on my bench because I rate him and want him for next round against the rebels. Everyone should be a starter. Not sure on Jane's fitness but I figured with Nonu injured they'll look to him to do something so should see a decent amount of ball, plus he looks ready for business:

View attachment 2014

So Swat - no Chariots?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
So Swat - no Chariots?
I really rate Taps and chariots so I see them cancelling each other out. I try to either pick one sided battles or just pick from one side of a battle. It's the reason I didn't pick Fruen, because I've already got Ranger.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok. I am fairly sure this is nothing like the team I had before.
Fantsay.JPG

Just waiting on Canes and Highlanders and I think this will be where I will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.