• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thought that was the case. But at least they have Harris as injured.

After using all my transfers to weed out the injured and not named in starting side already I have this:
Fantsay.JPG

I'm going to be screwed is there are more people not named.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I can't see Digby's average from last year getting back to as high as it was with QC (Quade Cooper) around. QC (Quade Cooper) would always find Digby running a hole, having him truck it off the blind wing or putting him in space with his perfect long ball, Harris hasn't been able to do this. Also with QC (Quade Cooper) in the team defending at 15, Digby was getting through a mountain of work defending the midfield channel.

His five week suspension isn't going to help any either.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is really hard have to do it now as i wont be able to get to a comp tomorrow cant find half the teams named ahhhh.

Having to get 4 chiefs players out of the team plus harris being injured is giving me nightmares for this weekend this will make or break me.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
To play the wildcard or not....

Beale still out, pretorious on the bench, bleyendaal not playing...

I can swap in shipperly for Beale, and use my last transfer to swap out bleyers, but I am left with a bench starting halfback.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
This week is a nightmare!

Rotation, Injuries and suspensions! I am glad I had Ben May as my prop reserve, but I have Injuries and suspensions galore in the backs.

After a flying start in the first 3 weeks, mediocrity is catching up with me!

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have used the wildcard this round. Here is my team. I have stacked the team with Crusaders who I thought would put a huge margin on the Cheetahs (who seem to be playing their 2nd grade team)... Does anyone have suggestions for transfers while i have unlimied?

fantasy.png

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Your backrow is really strong, but you won't get any points from Adam Thomson this weekend. Do you transfer Thomson out or not? Tough one.

Other than that, that seems a pretty strong side.

I suspect the Crusaders/Cheetahs game will see players on both side rack up the points.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bugger Thomson. So do I use the wild card to transfer him out and make a couple of other changes while I am at it, or do I just cope with the fact that he will score 0......? Was hoping to keep the wild card until one of the rounds where there are three teams on byes, does anyone know if we are going to get extra transfers that week?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think Rounds 8, 9 and 10 all have 3 teams on the bye so I'm trying to save my wildcard in case I need it around then....

A

AlexH

Well, at least we can all take solace in the fact that most teams have Adam Thompson and would not have planned for his exclusion from the Highlanders this weekend. I probably have to refrain from using my subs for cosmetic changes, until all the teams have been announced, from now on.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Your backrow is really strong, but you won't get any points from Adam Thomson this weekend. Do you transfer Thomson out or not? Tough one.

Other than that, that seems a pretty strong side.

I suspect the Crusaders/Cheetahs game will see players on both side rack up the points.

Great call! I hadnt noticed he was injured!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Joe I also question your lock selections. Bekker is not scoring as well as in seasons past, and is being outshone by the cheaper Etzebeth (although not sure what will happen with him when Elstadt returns). Also Kruger is cheap but not a particularly good scorer either.

Not sure how much cash you have, but I'd consider Hugh Pyle.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
So I have swapped him for Read. I was thinking about Brussow but with the Cru having the Rebels next week I thought I would keep them stacked for that gravy train. Kimlin is again back at 6 for the Brumbies so I have used the extra cash to get him back in the mix. Any other ideas lads?

fantasy.png

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
A
Joe I also question your lock selections. Bekker is not scoring as well as in seasons past, and is being outshone by the cheaper Etzebeth (although not sure what will happen with him when Elstadt returns). Also Kruger is cheap but not a particularly good scorer either.

Not sure how much cash you have, but I'd consider Hugh Pyle.

Thanks baa-baa- after some deliberation I have subbed him in for Bekker

A

AlexH

So I have swapped him for Read. I was thinking about Brussow but with the Cru having the Rebels next week I thought I would keep them stacked for that gravy train. Kimlin is again back at 6 for the Brumbies so I have used the extra cash to get him back in the mix. Any other ideas lads?

View attachment 2130

Very nice starting team apart from Bekker.

Status
Not open for further replies.