• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Does anyone know if Flip van der Merwe is the same 'Phillip van der Merwe' in the Fantasy Bulls team??......I think it is but it's bugging me.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This weeks 22.
Alexander, Kruger
Du Plessis
Horwill, Bekker
Pocock, Lam, Brussouw
Pretorious - Yes I am aware he is not starting but I have no more transfers.
Ellison, Goosen, Fruen
Taylor, Basson, Lambie

Res: Taumalolo, Visagie, Lynn, Lee, Frisby, Tapuai, Kingston.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
FARK!!! Did my transfers before seeing that Thomson is out injured, and I am carrying Messam on the bench.

Don't want to waste my wildcard on a single transfer, which means I am a player down this week. Bloody hell.

If I realised Thomson was out, I would've kept Digby for an extra week as all my other outside backs were playing.

Should always read this thread before doing transfers!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I did check team lists first, I wasn't that bad. Bloody Clan and their releasing of their team list really late.

A

AlexH

FARK!!! Did my transfers before seeing that Thomson is out injured, and I am carrying Messam on the bench.

Don't want to waste my wildcard on a single transfer, which means I am a player down this week. Bloody hell.

If I realised Thomson was out, I would've kept Digby for an extra week as all my other outside backs were playing.

Should always read this thread before doing transfers!

You, me and the rest of the world seem to be in the same boat.

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
Well I had no choice but to use my Wildcard.
I had Wyatt Crockett, Tamololou, Pretorious, Messam, Adam Thompson, Digby, Ranger and Blyendal all in my side.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My team for this week:

Props: Kepu, Dale Chadwick
Hooker: Battleship du Plessis
Locks: Pyle, Andries Bekker
Backrow: Coetzee, Nasi Manu, Pocock (c)
Scrum half: Nic White
Inside Backs: Beauden Barrett, Tamati Ellison, Goosen
Outside Backs: Corey Jane, Andre Taylor, Patrick Lambie

Kepu, Goosen and Jane have transferred into the side at the expense of Wyatt Crockett, Mike Harris and Digby Ioane.

I had Coetzee, White and Chadwick on the bench so they replaced Adam Thomson, Sarel Pretorius and Sona Taumalolo.

I guess I was fairly lucky that I was able to field a decent team given 6 of last week's 22 are either not playing or benched this round.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
my-team

I've just used my wildcard, and have come up with a selection that included 3 Cheetahs & 3 Rebels - shows how the sides are evening out

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Dom Shipperley? Don't know how much ball he'll see in this Reds backline against the Bulls...

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I haven't had to use the wildcard this week. Phew!

My boys this week:

Props: Ben May, Sekope Kepu, WP Nel
Hookers: Battleship, Willie Wepener
Locks: Peter Kimlin, Private Pyle, Jason Eaton
Backrow: Ben Mowen, Marcell Coetzee, Keiran Read, Thommo
Half: James Stannard, Ian Prior
Inside Backs: Tamati Ellison, The Brand, Robbie Fruen (c), Gareth Anscombe
Outside Backs: Andre Taylor, Jaco Taute, Israel Dagg, Diggers.

I haven't subbed Diggers out yet, as I have one transfer left this round and May still has a question mark over him.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joe Mac I see you have the same idea as me bringing in Dagg & Guildford, I'm hoping they bring up a truck load of points in the next couple of rounds - I need it!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Here's my bunch of winners + Thomson:

Alexander, Kepu, res: Crockett
Battleship, res: MacDonald
Horwill, Pyle, res: Power
Pocock, Kolisi, Thomson ( :( ), res: Messam ( :( )
Stannard, res: White
Fruean (c), Ellison, J'OC, res: Hobbs
Gear, Lambie, Mogg, res: Kingston

Fruean as captain, as I hope he'll give the Cheetahs some hell.

Not sure on Mogg v Kingston, again.

Overall, my team isn't too bad, apart from my issue with Thomson. I don't think it's worth using my wildcard quite yet just to cover that one blunder, as I don't have too much dead wood (apart from MacDonald and Hobbs on the bench).

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
have gone with the wildcard - thompson on top of pretorious, hanson and bleyendal turned out to be too many hits.

Suprisingly I struggled keeping myself to a maximum of 4 chiefs! Never would have picked thatat the start of the season

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Joe Mac I see you have the same idea as me bringing in Dagg & Guildford, I'm hoping they bring up a truck load of points in the next couple of rounds - I need it!
I'm inclined to get Maitland back in. With Dan Carter back in the mix and Dagg going back to full-back, he could find the form he had last year....

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm inclined to get Maitland back in. With Dan Carter back in the mix and Dagg going back to full-back, he could find the form he had last year....

Give Maitland a game before you select him I reckon. That will allow Carter to ease back in and the other boys to adjust to their respective positions accordingly. Although now I have said that, Maitland will have a cracker and score 60 points this weekend........

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Give Maitland a game before you select him I reckon. That will allow Carter to ease back in and the other boys to adjust to their respective positions accordingly. Although now I have said that, Maitland will have a cracker and score 60 points this weekend........

Agree....I haven't got him this week but I'm watching pretty closely over the next week or two :)

N

nevermachine

Does anyone know if Flip van der Merwe is the same 'Phillip van der Merwe' in the Fantasy Bulls team??......I think it is but it's bugging me.
lol, Flippie (Flip) is Afrikaans for Phillip (Phil). I get mixed up with some of the Kiwi names and nick names o_O

Also had to WC, holding thumbs! Comments welcome :oops:Not sure what to do about Thompson, bench or sub.

Attachments

• wcteam.JPG
    wcteam.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 177

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
lol, Flippie (Flip) is Afrikaans for Phillip (Phil). I get mixed up with some of the Kiwi names and nick names o_O

Also had to WC, holding thumbs! Comments welcome :oops:Not sure what to do about Thompson, bench or sub.
Thanks NM....I was starting to have some concerns!!

SOOOOO glad I didn't jump on the Adam Thompson band-wagon this week!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.