• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lucky for some ... I am simply in it for the glory and won't be up for the $10k as I am living in Bahrain. Wonder how bendy the rules are for this if am an Aussie, still have a house there, etc. although I'm sure I won't even come close at season's end!

Same here, although am in Scotland, but having a bank account in Oz helps as well as having a PO Box address owned by my dad!

On a side note, I topped the Fox Super rugby tipping last weekend, having used the jackpot on the Highlanders win...it had meant me tipping Reds over Tahs, caused me some personal anguish for a moment, but would have been quite happy for Tahs to win though!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Chilliboy just came in for me and I ended up on 402. Pretty chuffed with that considering poor Schmoo's injury and the failure of Ice as my captain.

I've already subbed out Schmoo for SBW, but now I am holding 3 Lions players (with a Lions bye) and 4 Blues (Myth, Ice, Payne, Ranger) and I want to also sub Olivier for Gits. I guess I'll wait till Friday to bring in Gits and possibly remove a Blues player, depending if I can get away with just benching my Lions players.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
To see if I used my wildcard too early I created a new account and picked a team from scratch. My original team totaled a whopping 230 points. My ringers scored 436. Ranked 79 on the round.

I believe I used the wildcard too early

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
ice sunk me as i thought he would mid-way through the games. 2 bad weeks in a row now but hopefully some players will actually take the pitch this weekend. jeez....

we'll see if that actually helps though! seems i'm in a funk.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
FARK!

Pulling what little hair I have left out trying to figure out what to do for subs this week. Not sure about the Clan vs Blues game, hence not sure about my trio of Payne, Ice and Ranger. They're all a little flakey and you never know what game Otago will bring (although having lived there for 5 years, I would consider this a bigger 'derby' game than the Saders game last weekend). Only saving grace last week for fantasy tipsters was that most of us had Ice as captain so didn't make much difference on the log that he didn't score well. I will be extremely interested to see captaincy choices come Friday night ...

But as usual, am intending to figure out a plan for my remaining 2 subs only after the team lists have all been announced.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am without both props this week, with JcVR on a bye and Woodcock out injured. Thankfully the Highlanders and Crusaders have all their players back so they are my only two forced transfers.

I may bench Beale this week, though. It will be pissing down on Saturday night and I can't see anyone racking up big numbers.

As for Captain, will probably go back to the relative safety of Adam Thomson.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have had a bit of a look now at the teams, and I must say I am very tempted to drop Victor Vito and bring in Schalk. Vito has been scoring OK, but Schalk has a huge workrate and the Stormers/Sharks clash promises to be a cracker. I would back him in for at least 30 points.

Vito does have the potential to score big. But he is very flaky, much like the Hurricanes themselves.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Is Beale expected too get through the whole game? I think he would score well against the rebels.

Go the force!!!!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Adriaan Strauss of the Cheetahs is listed as a prop in Fantasy comp when he is playing hooker this weekend, same as the weekend before when he had the bye, so if you have a spare transfer and dosh, replace a prop with him as hookers tend to get more points than props as most of you would doubtlessly know...

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Trades made, Ellis out for Phipps, Doppies out for Qwade and Fruean out for Poki. Feels a bit disloyal, I've had Doppies and Fruean from the start of the season, but hoping to improve. Still have $256 in the bank. Not sure whether to start Ged or Kevvie in the 2 spot.

Kepu, Big Mac [JC JvR]
Ged [Mealamu]
Sharpe, Sykes [Steenkamp]
Lam, Thomson, Vito [Whiteley]
Pretorius [Phipps]
Toeava, Quade, Gits [Beale]
Poki, SBW, Payne [Harris]

Thomson likely to be captain

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
MacKintosh, Kepu (Weeks)
BdP (Chilliboy)
Sharpe, Botha (Thorn)
Thomson(c), Todd, Delve (Whiteley)
Genia (Phipps)
Cooper, Giteau, O'Connor (Murray)
SBW, Poki, Payne (Harris)

Injuries to Digby, Beale, Mitchell and Thorn dictated which transfers and subs I had to make.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My team...

T. Smith, MacKintosh (Blaauw)
Mealamu (Robinson)
Chisholm, Sykes (Campbell - I spose he'll score 2 tries now I've benched him)
Lam, Thompson, Waldrom (Whiteley.....I hope my dropping of Kaino doesn't backfire on me this week)
Pretorius (Phipps....again, I wonder if this guy has big games against othet Aussie teams...??)
Ice, Gits, Beale (Doppies)
Payne, SBW, Poki (Maitland...I wish I could play all four!!)

Not sure on who to make captain yet.....Thompson is the obvious choice but should I take a punt on someone else??

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bismark and Chiliboy are starting from the bench, Sivi is out.

Yup - this hurt me so ended up firing Chilliboy for Ged Robinson. Also brought QC (Quade Cooper) in for Ice ... expecting big things from him against a depleted Canes backline.

Good luck chaps!

Sash

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Transfers made. Here's the team

Mackintosh, Strauss
Mealamu
Matfield, Sykes
Messam, Kaino, Daniel (Higgers on bench, unsure whether to put him on)
du Preez
O'Connor, Cooper, Beale
Poki, SBW, Payne (an all too common combination)

Hopefully Kaino has a cracker and du Preez puts in a performance, now that he's back at home.

Still unsure about captain, but will probably go with Cooper.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
McIntosh, Alexander
Mealamu
Chisolm, Sharpe
Thomson, Vito, Todd
Pretorius
Giteau, Toeava, Beale
SBW (C), Poki, Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.