• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
For the fantasy genius' out there I need help: du Plessis, Smit or someone from another nation?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lads, I have decided to roll the dice. If you don't hear from me next week it's because I have given up due to my abysmal performances so far. I've changed my team no less than 10 times this week and so I have got management to block foxsports fantasy until the round closes. Regardless, here is my team, copy if you wish but I am no advocate for success when it comes to this type of competition.

Here goes (with some justification):
1. Guthro Steenkamp - RSA (Should tear the Aussie scrum apart)
2. Hew Bennett - WAL (Couldn't decide between BDP and Smit so just cut my loses and went with a certainty)
3. Owen Franks - NZL (Will kill the slow Argentine props after the first 20mins)
4. Alun-Wyn Jones - WAL (Basically a backrower with the number 4 on his back)
5. Dannie Russouw - RSA (Same deal as Jones except in great form too)
6. Jerome Kaino - NZL (You would be stupid not to pick him against a weak Argentine backrow)
7. Sam Warburton - WAL (Carries the Welsh, gets through a mountain of work)
8. David Pocock - AUS (Will be Australia's main hope at the breakdown)
9. Will Genia - AUS (Only halfback remaining capable of single-handedly winning the game)
10. Toby Flood - ENG (Should have kicking duties over Johnny, might get amongst the tries playing at 12)
11. George North - WAL (Can't not score a try)
12. Ma'a Nonu - NZL (Should tear the Argentine backs apart, doesn't like passing and is in try-scoring form)
13. Jordie Roberts - WAL (Why not, I hope the Welsh win 50-0)
14. James O'Connor - AUS (Kicking duties for Australia and should find the try-line if playing against Aplon)
15. Israel Dagg - NZL (Form 15 right now will certainly find try-line against weak/slow Argentina on counter attack)

16. Cian Healy - IRE (Looked impressive so far but the Welsh pack is a machine)
17. Bismark du Plessis - RSA (Would be my starter if PdV wasn't an idiot)
18. James Horwill - AUS (Doesn't get through the same amount of work as Jones or Rossouw but should lift for this one)
19. Sean O'Brien - IRE (Can't find room for him in starting XV but he would be there if I could)
20. Morgan Parra - FRA (Has been my bench-man all competition, I like consistency and loyalty)
21. Richard Kahui - NZL (Hardest decision yet, don't rub it in my face please Richard)
22. Juan Imhoff - ARG (Cheap)

I have a feeling Kahui on the bench will be a decision I regret, but I just don't trust Slade's ability to spread the ball wide against Argentina who will be equally as keen as New Zealand to play it in the forwards. If it gets to Nonu I'm hoping he just breaks the line and scores himself, needless to say, my captain is a Kiwi.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Lads, I have decided to roll the dice. If you don't hear from me next week it's because I have given up due to my abysmal performances so far. I've changed my team no less than 10 times this week and so I have got management to block foxsports fantasy until the round closes. Regardless, here is my team, copy if you wish but I am no advocate for success when it comes to this type of competition.

1. Guthro Steenkamp - RSA (Should tear the Aussie scrum apart)
2. Hew Bennett - WAL (Couldn't decide between BDP and Smit so just cut my loses and went with a certainty)
3. Owen Franks - NZL (Will kill the slow Argentine props after the first 20mins)
4. Alun-Wyn Jones - WAL (Basically a backrower with the number 4 on his back)
5. Dannie Russouw - RSA (Same deal as Jones except in great form too)
6. Jerome Kaino - NZL (You would be stupid not to pick him against a weak Argentine backrow)
7. Sam Warburton - WAL (Carries the Welsh, gets through a mountain of work)
8. David Pocock - AUS (Will be Australia's main hope at the breakdown)
9. Will Genia - AUS (Only halfback remaining capable of single-handedly winning the game)
10. Toby Flood - ENG (Should have kicking duties over Johnny, might get amongst the tries playing at 12)
11. George North - WAL (Can't not score a try)
12. Ma'a Nonu - NZL (Should tear the Argentine backs apart, doesn't like passing and is in try-scoring form)
13. Jordie Roberts - WAL (Why not, I hope the Welsh win 50-0)
14. James O'Connor - AUS (Kicking duties for Australia and should find the try-line if playing against Aplon)
15. Israel Dagg - NZL (Form 15 right now will certainly find try-line against weak/slow Argentina on counter attack)

16. Cian Healy - IRE (Looked impressive so far but the Welsh pack is a machine)
17. Bismark du Plessis - RSA (Would be my starter if PdV wasn't an idiot)
18. James Horwill - AUS (Doesn't get through the same amount of work as Jones or Rossouw but should lift for this one)
19. Sean O'Brien - IRE (Can't find room for him in starting XV but he would be there if I could)
20. Morgan Parra - FRA (Has been my bench-man all competition, I like consistency and loyalty)
21. Richard Kahui - NZL (Hardest decision yet, don't rub it in my face please Richard)
22. Juan Imhoff - ARG (Cheap)

I have a feeling Kahui on the bench will be a decision I regret, but I just don't trust Slade's ability to spread the ball wide against Argentina who will be equally as keen as New Zealand to play it in the forwards. If it gets to Nonu I'm hoping he just breaks the line and scores himself, needless to say, my captain is a Kiwi.

I'll only comment on your Kiwi selections.

Weepu could easily be another half-back to win a game.
Nonu's passing game has been fantastic.
Kahui on bench?!?

:)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

According to the G&GR teams announced site, Dagg is out and Mils is playing. Dagg is not even on the bench.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wondering if you guys have any method to your picks each week?

I'm a bit too sentimental to be really good at this eg:

In Pool games, I had to have 3 ABs, 3 Manu Samoa players and PI players from other teams - Ioane, Digby etc.

I can't pick players who are playing the ABs in the knock-outs. I had no Aussies last week and no French this week.

I had to have Sharpe in my team this week. It's his 100th game, I like the guy....he's in!!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Alright guys, time to own up. How did everyone go? I ended up 28th overall, not exactly my goal of top 20 but at least I beat Kearnsey.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Solid effort Swat!

For me I got:
16 in Green and Gold Rugby
137 in Australia
161 in New South Wales
934 Overall

Given how much of a shit fight the pool rounds were for me I consider this a pretty good result.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good work Angry

I came home strong. Got ninth in points for the last round in the GAGR group, I think i played too much with my heart and not my head. I picked Quade as my captain in the semi's purely because I wanted him to have a blinder and at 400k there were better options. It would be interesting to note how many english players were picked over the course of the tournament. I think I only ever had Tuialagi.

Status
Not open for further replies.