• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

fottyboars48

Stan Wickham (3)
watching the reply from gold cup after the incident, the kings crew was walking on view qith only 7 oars, and were infront before the crash as well. Also, each race they have improve the gap by more than 2 secs consistently. Also having the fastest time this season in the 2nd 8 race. view have a 6:02 which was in an insane tailwind (ruling that race out)

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
sorry wolf pack but i tend to disagree with what your saying,

to write off a crew and make a call of such in a division in which the dominating crew alters so much is very illogical. i would say that the riverview IV is a good chance but in terms of a clear predicted winner i would disagree.

there is definitely some strength from the joeys 2IV after claiming a win at the gold cup. not the strongest evidence but they did beat a field to achieve that. please form some sense in your statements wolf pack. complete fool
sorry phil,

please do not call me a "complete fool" as I find it extremely disrespectful. I think you need to make some sense of your own statements phil, because the joeys 2iv got lucky with a great course last weekend.

also, before i leave LOL, any women on here just wondering haha. Been tough :(
Comments regarding rowing ONLY on this forum. Please do not be disrespectful and input ur diabolical shit chat to the forum, no one needs to hear ur fucking stroking stories nor ur incapabilities to talk with the female kind...

Elliot
We may root for different schools when it comes to the rowing, but I can 100% back this statement up. Please @Balmain rugby 4L take your shit chat back to where you came from, or as most are on this forum you are most welcome to provide real rowing input. @elliot mcfarland has made this very clear and I along with the rest of the forum agree with this. @The Chairman will deal with this if further action is needed!

-Keith, Class of 94
GO SHORE

So far is it only the joeys viii who went sub 6 this season? or have there been holiday timings and/or other regattas. I have seen the earlier predictions but are we also looking for multiple crews to go sub 6 this weekend?

-Keith, Class of 94
GO SHORE

The Prophet

Banned
We may root for different schools when it comes to the rowing, but I can 100% back this statement up. Please @Balmain rugby 4L take your shit chat back to where you came from, or as most are on this forum you are most welcome to provide real rowing input. @elliot mcfarland has made this very clear and I along with the rest of the forum agree with this. @The Chairman will deal with this if further action is needed!

-Keith, Class of 94
GO SHORE
You say that the @The Chairman will deal with them.... I think @Professor62 will deal with it accordingly.

Bobcat54

Stan Wickham (3)
So far is it only the joeys viii who went sub 6 this season? or have there been holiday timings and/or other regattas. I have seen the earlier predictions but are we also looking for multiple crews to go sub 6 this weekend?

-Keith, Class of 94
GO SHORE
Newington went 5:58 in Tasmania back in December, reported to be done in dead-still conditions - Shame to see they haven't been able to back this up at SIRC against the other crews, could be awesome to watch as it would put even more competition on an already tight field.

- Bobcat

The Prophet

Banned
sorry phil,

please do not call me a "complete fool" as I find it extremely disrespectful. I think you need to make some sense of your own statements phil, because the joeys 2iv got lucky with a great course last weekend.
Don't worry, Phil is just a D1 hater

- The Prophet

Don't worry, Phil is just a D1 hater

- The Prophet
im not hating on anyone, im just trying to say that in a division with competition that can change constantly its not the best thing to put a definite winner on the HOTR race. quite obviously you can put the race down to a few consistantly strong crews. but HOTR pressure exists and anything can happen.

if you had the knowledge on schoolboy IV rowing then youd understand clearly not though. unfortunate that fools in this platform are spreading opinions that are so for incorrect. feel bad for anyone coming onto this forum to get information on AAGPS rowing

im not hating on anyone, im just trying to say that in a division with competition that can change constantly its not the best thing to put a definite winner on the HOTR race. quite obviously you can put the race down to a few consistantly strong crews. but HOTR pressure exists and anything can happen.

if you had the knowledge on schoolboy IV rowing then youd understand clearly not though. unfortunate that fools in this platform are spreading opinions that are so for incorrect. feel bad for anyone coming onto this forum to get information on AAGPS rowing
Although your name is tricky to say without sounding like a nonce, I do agree with you here Phillip. Thank you

Elliot

The Prophet

Banned

-Keith, Class of 94
GO SHORE

1 8- Kings

2 8 - Kings

1 4 - View

2 4 - not sure

3 4- View

4 4 - Kings

3 8 - View
2 4 - Shore

They have introduced a new combination with an average 2km course time of a 6:44

- Prophet

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
2 4 - Shore

They have introduced a new combination with an average 2km course time of a 6:44

- Prophet
This means nothing. I am a very big sceptic of ergs. I think they provide a guideline for groups of boats (1st and 2nd VIII, 3rd and 4th IV) but within those structures especially in the fours its who can row together and transfer the power to the water that counts. Shore’s constant changing of the IVs cant help either. Ignatius to win in the 2-4 this weekend is my guess.

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
hello @thewolfpack,

I would love to hear your thoughts about the view 4th IV race. View throughout the season have been quite consistent and held a good lead but the Kings crew have been hot on their tail. With Isac Funoa (K) not available to race with rugby commitments and a replacement rower entering the boat, could we see a miracle or a crash and burn in the king's boat? Do you think the view boys can hold onto the solid foundation that they have laid?
Good luck to all GPS crews racing this Saturday and god bless Scots

''If all else fails god loves you''- Gandhi

-Grip and Rip

Status
Not open for further replies.