• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Some very good points are made here. However.......The High shed belongs to High. Donated to the school through the Old Boys.
The information referred to at the time was the boatshed was the property of the High Foundation, a body separate to the school and independent from any direction of the Department of Education. The press quoted, "Dr Alan Laughlin, deputy director-general (schools) of the NSW Department of Education, said the department had little control over the educational, sporting and cultural facility called The Outterside Centre, which is owned and operated by the independent Sydney Boys High School Foundation."

Whether that's still the case, I don't know. But, I do remember some High figures were in favour of Ascham's proposal and pointed out the school and the department had no control over the boatshed. Happy to be corrected.

Last edited:

The Prophet

Banned
I personally believe that Shore will win head of the river this year, this belief is due to the schools strong cox and leadership.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Did anyone notice Riverview stacking the 3rd VIII as many 4th IV rowers were in the race this weekend as well as other higher boats, it does shock me as a low for Riverview
Can't say I did, in a race that Riverview has won the whole season in the 2000m races, with 2 or 3 crews. Names seem to be the same, no stacking that I can see.

What I have noticed is you seem to be school kid (which is fine), who seems to troll Riverview and Shore (not fine). Lunch break must be about over, hurry onto class.

joeys101

Frank Row (1)
Can't say I did, in a race that Riverview has won the whole season in the 2000m races, with 2 or 3 crews. Names seem to be the same, no stacking that I can see.

What I have noticed is you seem to be school kid (which is fine), who seems to troll Riverview and Shore (not fine). Lunch break must be about over, hurry onto class.
I understand the names may be the same but the boys in the boat weren't

Andrew Mcfarland

Frank Row (1)
Hello forum,

Would the current predictions of the 2024 HOTR first VIII be listed please, as well as second VIII. If it had already been stated, I would like to give my sheer apologies.

All gentleman of the AAGPS rowing program may you pull with grace,

Kind regards Andrew,

Did anyone notice Riverview stacking the 3rd VIII as many 4th IV rowers were in the race this weekend as well as other higher boats, it does shock me as a low for Riverview
I believe it was because of sickness. The whole View shed was dealing with it as their viii scratched.

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hello forum,

Would the current predictions of the 2024 HOTR first VIII be listed please, as well as second VIII. If it had already been stated, I would like to give my sheer apologies.

All gentleman of the AAGPS rowing program may you pull with grace,

Kind regards Andrew,
Usually the AAGPS eight is released in early May. We've had this chat before.

The locks are Rogers (K), Mason (K), Ciesiolka (J), Hennessy (I) and Mitchell (J).

In contention are Fuller (N), Moloney (J), Muffet (E), Basha (J), Hines (K), Macfarlane (E), Wickham (K), Pursehouse (S) and Ellis (G).

Most likely coxes are: Burton (I), Gerber (K), Yates (J) and Fox (E).

john mcfarland

Frank Row (1)

The locks are Rogers (K), Mason (K), Ciesiolka (J), Hennessy (I) and Mitchell (J).

In contention are Fuller (N), Moloney (J), Muffet (E), Basha (J), Hines (K), Macfarlane (E), Wickham (K), Pursehouse (S) and Ellis (G).

Which Moloney do you know? I believe there are two, Matias and Tomas. How do they choose the coxswain for the VIII? Is it just whoever wins HOTR?

Cheers,
John

Which Moloney do you know? I believe there are two, Matias and Tomas. How do they choose the coxswain for the VIII? Is it just whoever wins HOTR?

Cheers,
John
Word of the grape vine is that Matias (J) has the best Peach system score? My life long mate who works at the Joeys boat sheds told me this over a beer, he told me that the Joeys boys are "in it to win it", but I think that Kings will gonna do it again and win HOTR. I believe this because Joeys VIII got flogged by kings on the weekend, to the point where they will be considering going to pre season rugby trials...

Elliot

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
Talking to the shore and kings crew on the weekend, it was made clear to me that there were definitely some different blokes in that View 3rd VIII.

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Word of the grape vine is that Matias (J) has the best Peach system score? My life long mate who works at the Joeys boat sheds told me this over a beer, he told me that the Joeys boys are "in it to win it", but I think that Kings will gonna do it again and win HOTR. I believe this because Joeys VIII got flogged by kings on the weekend, to the point where they will be considering going to pre season rugby trials...

Elliot
have you forgotten about view, they are the real contenders for the major rennie, word has it that they were training out on the nepean in preparation of this weeks regatta.

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)

Cheers,
John
Coxswain is whoever wins HOTR. Better coxswains have taken up the jockey seat and not got into the boat because they didn't win in March.

Johny Ringo

Bob McCowan (2)

Only Mason and Rogers from Kings, the pair of which also rowed a double scull last Saturday after the Schoolboy 8 and Open Men’s 8 and very nearly knocked off Jack Power (View 23) and Oscar Beregi .The U19 double of Mason and Rogers lead the Power and Beregi double at the 500m, 1000m and 1500m just giving up the lead in last 50m to the U21 pair, was a hell of a dogfight. The Power double won their U21 division while the Kings boys comfortably won the U19 division, were it not their 3rd race for the day could have gone the other way, either way was a top race.

Last edited:

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Only Mason and Rogers from Kings, the pair of which also rowed a double scull last Saturday after the Schoolboy 8 and Open Men’s 8 and very nearly knocked off Jack Power (View 23) and Oscar Beregi .The U19 double of Mason and Rogers lead the Power and Beregi double at the 500m, 1000m and 1500m just giving up the lead in last 50m to the U21 pair, was a hell of a dogfight. The Power double won their U21 division while the Kings boys comfortably won the U19 division, were it not their 3rd race for the day could have gone the other way, either way was a top race.
I agree with you Johny R (I'll be your Huckleberry etc), heck of a performance from the TKS boys. I think it was also Jack's and maybe Oscar's 4th race of the day, not taking anything away from Mr R & M at all, they nearly had them and they would be what, 17 or 18, brilliant effort!

Last edited:

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
A very good pair indeed. This is what my top 10 GPS Rowers would be:

1. Rogers (K)
2. Hennessy (I)
3. Mason (K)
4. Ciesiolka (J)
5. Mitchell (J)
6. Fuller (N)
7. Pursehouse (S)
8. Muffet (E)
9. Ellis (G)
10. T.Moloney (J)

Top 5 Coxswains:

1. Burton (I)
2. Fox (E)
3. Yates (J)
4. Low (S)
5. Gerber (K)

Johny Ringo

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree with you Johny R (I'll be your Huckleberry etc), heck of a performance from the TKS boys. I think it was also Jack's and maybe Oscar's 4th race of the day, not taking anything away from Mr R & M at all, they nearly had them and they would be what, 17 or 18, brilliant effort!
Yes Grail, ones 17 the other 18. So the Power pair also had a big day, impressive. Looked like Power, last year U19 champion and Rogers (most likely this years) didn’t want to give either an inch, fantastic competitors!

Status
Not open for further replies.