• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
We're the masters of nefarious activities on this forum aren't we, had to look up the meaning of gatekeeping in the enlightened age.
They've borrowed a $100K+ boat after wrecking one in a lane less race. The owners have expressed a preference that they look after the loaner boat. Good luck to Scots, will be a good battle for third after Joeys and View. With no New or Kings they'll have a shot but I'll tip High (lol, I mean Shore)
Probably a sound strategy from the TKS VIII's, to keep isolated as much as practical, not racing this weekend, reduce the chance of the crews getting crook..

As far as the old wooden oars Keith mentioned, I can attest the younger generations have missed nothing not having used those bloody things.

Last edited:

TheKraken

Bob McCowan (2)
Quite frankly, the Kings 4th IV sitation is unacceptable. I mightve missed out on some details, but a 10 second gap between them and their 3rd IV in the recent sydnie rowing club regatta without Fonua is insane and simply notfair to the other crews that they are in competition with.

Nothing we can do about it, but surely Kings is better than this.

- Nick
I believe that the kings 4th IV is a fluctuating crew with Edward Woodhouse-Bedeck being in the junior Olympics, and Isaac Fonua being in the U18 Waratahs, this leaves kings with limited choice in what crew to put these young men into.

-Kraken

Probably a sound strategy from the TKS VIII's, to keep isolated as much as practical, not racing this weekend, reduce the chance of the crews getting crook..

As far as the old wooden oars Keith mentioned, I can attest the younger generations have missed nothing not having used those bloody things.
I love the wooden oars. Back in the day, there was nothing quite like having a thick bit of wood in your hands at 6AM on Saturday!

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
I love the wooden oars. Back in the day, there was nothing quite like having a thick bit of wood in your hands at 6AM on Saturday!
1709115903557.png

The President

Peter Burge (5)
I believe that the kings 4th IV is a fluctuating crew with Edward Woodhouse-Bedeck being in the junior Olympics, and Isaac Fonua being in the U18 Waratahs, this leaves kings with limited choice in what crew to put these young men into.

-Kraken
What is Woodhouse-Bedeck competing in at the junior Olympics?

CurryontheStick

Bob McCowan (2)

-Kraken
Fair point - makes a bit more sense. Does anyone know if they're all expected to be rowing in HOTR?

Glory to the wyvern

Frank Nicholson (4)
What is Woodhouse-Bedeck competing in at the junior Olympics?
I have heard he is competing in synchronised diving, with his partner who he's been training with since they were 11 - this is what my son and his mates have been told at Newo so their legs could be getting tugged

Wyvern

theking888

Frank Row (1)
I have heard that it is not Woodhouse that is the problem, for what I know he is well and training, same goes for McMurtrie. Can't say the same about Moore and Fonua. Injuries?

First junior 8 at TKS is looking very strong. 4 seat Jeremy Blatchford has showed incredible results in the individual erg time and so has stroke seat Nick Fatis. This crew has loads of potential and have a strong chance of winning the HOR.

Also, the third junior eight has been on the stick as of lately. Stars of the crew include rowers such as Fergus Collins, Henry Hazlett and Charles mclean. The head coach Felix leahy (the guy from the 2021 rowing vid) (went to henley) has been urging the boys to get on the stick. I have spoke to a couple of the boys and they say they want to mirror the 2001 first 8 (won all of the races they started). Unfotunaly these boys in the third junior are DEFEATED and have lost EVERY race they have started in. Injury has plauged the crew with 7 seat out due to a back injury.

These boys are determined and ready to have a crack at all of the GPS crews. They may have lost all their races to date but they are keen to win and bring home the HOTR to TKS!!!

Thanks Gents,
.com

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
First junior 8 at TKS is looking very strong. 4 seat Jeremy Blatchford has showed incredible results in the individual erg time and so has stroke seat Nick Fatis. This crew has loads of potential and have a strong chance of winning the HOR.

Also, the third junior eight has been on the stick as of lately. Stars of the crew include rowers such as Fergus Collins, Henry Hazlett and Charles mclean. The head coach Felix leahy (the guy from the 2021 rowing vid) (went to henley) has been urging the boys to get on the stick. I have spoke to a couple of the boys and they say they want to mirror the 2001 first 8 (won all of the races they started). Unfotunaly these boys in the third junior are DEFEATED and have lost EVERY race they have started in. Injury has plauged the crew with 7 seat out due to a back injury.

These boys are determined and ready to have a crack at all of the GPS crews. They may have lost all their races to date but they are keen to win and bring home the HOTR to TKS!!!

Thanks Gents,
.com
Blatchford and Platis are very strong rowers indeed, but the question is can they perform on the day. Shore's 1st Junior has proven its self as more than capable on numerous occasions, and with the coach of Jennings, I would not be surprised if they made a challenge on the 16th. Anyone's game in the First Junior.

Blatchford and Platis are very strong rowers indeed, but the question is can they perform on the day. Shore's 1st Junior has proven its self as more than capable on numerous occasions, and with the coach of Jennings, I would not be surprised if they made a challenge on the 16th. Anyone's game in the First Junior.
Yes Chairman,

I understand the Shore crew is strong, authough the kings 5 and 6 seat power is simply unmatched. The pair is Hamish (DJ) Matthews and Duke Millward, arguably the strongest pair in the GPS right now. My Guess is Kings takes out the first Junior 8 win by a canvas.

And the third joon takes it out easy, known for their clutch moments

.com

Status
Not open for further replies.