• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Was good to see Normo and Kinross in the top 5 of the medal count ahead of some illustrious company.
Going through the girls results in a bit more detail (slow news days) Kinross went exceptionally well. 10 events for 8 medals, a 4th and scratched from SG8 where they’d be competitive.
Kudos to the program out there. Some of the Sydney schools medal performance got padded out in the lower divisions for the year 8&9 cohort. If you weighted the medal count (where’s @Joker?) think they’d have convincingly come out on top.
Expect to see View with a similar outcome again for HOTR (except 1’s ;)

GPS OB1

Bob McCowan (2)
There’s been a lot of chat about the old days in this forum for the past few days. What is the best thing that the schools / RowingNSW used to do in the old days that we don’t do now?! For mine, it’s the variety of racing - the loss of twilight regatta, head of the parra, more school boys racing in mixed regattas with clubbies, masters and schoolgirls at Iron Cove, etc are the most disappointing.

Reactions: FCD

FCD

Banned
Mate I hate to be that guy but no one cares about the Kings 3rd junior 8. So unless this video is really something special we dont really care. Is their going to be a 1st junior 8 video?
One of the best rowing videos of all time was produced by a SIC 3rd VIII. It had everything…

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
G'Day @ReluctantRower,

Just wondering if we could get a fresh update on the 1st VIII crab count for this year? Thanks.
Unfortunately, with the vast number of races we have had after the opening regatta I seem to have lost count. However, If I were still keeping score I would think that Shore would have cleaned up its act and maybe dropped to 2nd or 3rd.

That was a great race, the opening regatta, Shore losing to Grammar. Who would've thought it? I did, my most accurate and favourite prediction I have ever made. @Chairman, you went real quiet after that one.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Unfortunately, with the vast number of races we have had after the opening regatta I seem to have lost count. However, If I were still keeping score I would think that Shore would have cleaned up its act and maybe dropped to 2nd or 3rd.

That was a great race, the opening regatta, Shore losing to Grammar. Who would've thought it? I did, my most accurate and favourite prediction I have ever made. @Chairman, you went real quiet after that one.
More of a one off there, I think you’ll find that throughout the season its been much more along the lines of mine, but I still nonetheless congratulate you, couldnt have forseen that.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Referring back to the Dominance Sheet (yes I put it in Italics to sound fancy), the numbers Pre-HOTR look like:

St Ignatius: 18.5
St Joseph’s: 18
King's: 9
Shore: 4
Scots: 2

The TAIPAN

Banned
Fellas The Biggest Debate of all,

Which is the best rowing video of all time.

My Top 3
(Tied 1st)-Scots 2021 -Kings 2021
(2nd) -Kings 2020
(3rd)- Kings 2022

Kings sure have had some cracking rowing videos.

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
2 Weeks out from HOTR...
Locking in early predictions:
1st viii -Joeys
2nd viii - View (tight win over kings)
1st iv - View
2nd iv - Shore (bold prediction)
3rd iv - Shore
4th iv - Kings (if the boat remains stacked otherwise view)
3rd viii - View
1st junior viii - Shore (tussle with kings, joeys in 3rd)
2nd junior viii - Shore
3rd junior viii - Shore
4th junior viii - View

-legs

Last edited:

Techgod

Stan Wickham (3)
2 Weeks out from HOTR...
1st viii -Joeys
1st iv - View
3rd iv - Shore
3rd viii - View
2nd junior viii - Shore
3rd junior viii - Shore
4th junior viii - View
Considering that Shore won the 1 4 agaisnst view by a decent margin on the weekend at the Nepean, i think with the 2 weeks left of training will give them a big boost of confidence and potentially take the Yaralla Cup.

CurryontheStick

Bob McCowan (2)
2 Weeks out from HOTR...
1st viii -Joeys
1st iv - View
3rd iv - Shore
3rd viii - View
2nd junior viii - Shore
3rd junior viii - Shore
4th junior viii - View
I've heard that the Kings coaches have been warned about the stacking of their 4th IV. They should be putting some of those boys into higher crews, but we'll see.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah, interesting 1st IV race on the weekend. Shore kept 2 blokes in the boat from the week prior, pulled one down from the 2nd VIII and promoted one up from the 2nd IV. Just trying out new combinations and they must have been fast. I have confidence View can hold onto the lead in this race on the 16th though.

Thefootymanz

Bob McCowan (2)
2 Weeks out from HOTR...
1st viii -Joeys
1st iv - View
3rd iv - Shore
3rd viii - View
2nd junior viii - Shore
3rd junior viii - Shore
4th junior viii - View
shore in the 1st Junior is a bit of a stretch to be favourites at HOTR as they have only won a single race all season and come second or third two other times. I think they'll finish in top three but winners is a bit of a statement especially with the kings crew who have been dominate all season round.

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
shore in the 1st Junior is a bit of a stretch to be favourites at HOTR as they have only won a single race all season and come second or third two other times. I think they'll finish in top three but winners is a bit of a statement especially with the kings crew who have been dominate all season round.
I think you should have a look at state champs and recent regattas as well as inform yourself on the term 4 regattas.
Kings dominated the term 4 regattas (As it appears they began their training weeks before the competition). Shore in second. Over the summer break shores training must have paid off beating kings more often that not as well as a second place at State Championships only down to a strong Year 11 Melbourne Grammar School. However you do make a point its a tussle for the 1 Y10 VIII

-Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.