• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

Banned
For what? Your constant bemoaning of Kings 'stacking' is based on one race, in a difficult circumstance balancing returning/existing rowers.

Whats next, Kings stacking the 1st VIII?
I made no reference to cheating, intimidation, interference or abject disrespect for the umpire and rules of racing. From what I have always said, it was a fairly won race. However you, FCD have done all of the above. Hence why you are banned. ;)
Am I still banned?

I was just making the point that one shouldn't make reference to cheating, intimidation, interference abject disrespect for the umpire and rules of racing.

the way the season is going the only Riverview crew that hasn't won over 90 percent of their races is the 1st 8. Therefore I believe that Riverview has a strong change and sweeping come Saturday. this is coming from an old Riverview boy of 94 so maybe I am slightly biased.

- ruckncoke
SIC 1994: What a year for View and the late great Denis Rowe. A legend of the Riverview boatshed.

FCD

Banned
Look, sure there is a chance (in the same way that High has a chance of a clean sweep), but the View 1 8 are at least half a length behind Joeys, who themselves are a length behind Kings. Of course the pressure of the day could muddle things up for Kings and Joey's, but the View 1 8 just isn't the powerhouse it was last year.
TKS are favourites, it's theirs to lose. SIC and SJC would need to do something special to take it out.

Rowman

Frank Row (1)
Mr Chairman, i think you might possibly have the 2nd and 3rd Junior mixed up, you are correct, View's 2nd boat did get up over shore (for the 1st or second time over the entire season) in the heat (due to a poor start from shore and possibly a slight disadvantage). I believe it would be safe to say that Shore's 2nd Junior will come out on top strongly. In contrast, the 3rd junior VIII will be a extremely tight margin, shore got up on view on a windy race at Hen N Chicken Bay, the week before going down to view by a second. It will certainly be a great early race 1 Shore, 2 View, 3 Daylight to Joeys and m sure Kings could possibly slip onto the podium over joeys, Newington and grammar lengths behind the race leaders.

-Legs
Mr Legs, correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Shores 3rd Junior VIII has won all their regattas in 2024 but the Sydney Rowing Club Regatta due to a bad start. Wouldn’t they be the favourites?

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
Mr Legs, correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Shores 3rd Junior VIII has won all their regattas in 2024 but the Sydney Rowing Club Regatta due to a bad start. Wouldn’t they be the favourites?
Well Rowman, you are correct on that however one would also argue that the SRC regatta was the most recent time the two crews competed at SIRC therefore counting them as contenders. I believe shore got up on a view in a 1000m in choppy water at hen and chicken but really cant put it past view to get up on top on Saturday.

-Legs

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
What's the wind looking like on Saturday, could we see any records broken?

-Legs
Doubt it. 5:42.6 from 1996 is not going to fall I doubt ever, 5:57 is probably going to be close but wont get over from the Ignatius 2nd Eight, and nothing else shows me record breaking.
In case we need a reminder:

AAGPS HOTR RECORDS (SIRC)

4th Junior VIII:

6:34.87

St Joseph's College (2012)

3rd Junior VIII:

6:29.49

The King's School (2009)

2nd Junior VIII:

6:20.81

Shore School (2016)

1st Junior VIII:

6:08.67

St Ignatius' College (2021)

3rd VIII:

6:17.97

Shore School (2004)

4th IV:

6:53.47

Shore School (2004)

3rd IV:

6:51.98

Shore School (2004)

2nd IV:

6:43.25

Shore School (2004)

1st IV:

6:39.53

Shore School (2008)

2nd VIII:

5:57.73

The King's School (2001)

1st VIII:

5:42.06

Shore School (1996)

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Crews are locked and loaded, I can’t see any change across the field other than O.Edwards and R.Hall in Shore swapping in the Bow and 3. Fully strapped in and ready to go for the big dance.

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
Crews are locked and loaded, I can’t see any change across the field other than O.Edwards and R.Hall in Shore swapping in the Bow and 3. Fully strapped in and ready to go for the big dance.
Interesting that shore has made this many boat changes during what I would assume a tapering period.

-Legs

propsareslow

Frank Row (1)
Almost every crew is in it for the 2nd Junior View and Shore the crews to beat but don't count anyone out, saw Scots 2nd Junior moving well on the Parra, was on my tinny having a fish and talked to their coach for a bit, Some great size in the middle of that boat, will be out on the river again this week so i'll keep an eye out for any crews. Anyways, 1st Junior looking like it could be the race of the day. Are the lane draws out?
Doubt scots have any chance. Have you watched any of the other crews row. The Riverview and Shore boats were flying at the Nepean last week. Scots came 6th the last time they vsed any crew and they pulled a 6:50. I am guessing the Shore and View crew will be getting around 6:20 this weekend.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Doubt scots have any chance. Have you watched any of the other crews row. The Riverview and Shore boats were flying at the Nepean last week. Scots came 6th the last time they vsed any crew and they pulled a 6:50. I am guessing the Shore and View crew will be getting around 6:20 this weekend.
Believe that they were trying a new combination that race, and it didn't work out clearly. Boat is quite different now from what it was then and it seems to be working much better, who knows what will happen on the day it's all about who can perform under pressure. I don't think shore and view will pull a 6:20, but they will be mid to high 6:20's. Does anyone know what the wind is like? Also what are schools policies on student attendance, I know for scots that it's compulsory, but unsure about other schools, anyone got insight?

KxRV23

Frank Row (1)
Believe that they were trying a new combination that race, and it didn't work out clearly. Boat is quite different now from what it was then and it seems to be working much better, who knows what will happen on the day it's all about who can perform under pressure. I don't think shore and view will pull a 6:20, but they will be mid to high 6:20's. Does anyone know what the wind is like? Also what are schools policies on student attendance, I know for scots that it's compulsory, but unsure about other schools, anyone got insight?
Newington is compulsory for 3 year groups. I think its year 12, 9 and one other.

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
At Kings it is compulsory for the whole school.

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
I Believe the Riverview and Shore 3rds would beat Scots 2nds, though I cant see the Shore or View 2nds getting a 6:20 (record time - 6:20.8).

-Legs

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Schedule of Events:
9:00 AM 4th Year 10 VIII
9.08 AM 3rd Year 10 VIII
9.16 AM 2nd Year 10 VIII
9.24 AM 1st Year 10 VIII
9.32 AM 3rd VIII
9.40 AM 4th IV
9.50 AM 3rd IV
10.05 AM 2nd IV
10.20 AM 1st IV
10.35 AM 2nd VIII
10:50 AM 1st VIII

The event will be streamed and available via Live Stream: AAGPS NSW Event - 2024 Head of the River (streamer.com.au)

Please follow the link "sign up" to register to view. As this is a new provider for the AAGPS, it is advised to complete the registration to create an account prior to Saturday morning.

Spectator seating:
All Island grandstand tickets have been pre-sold via “Ticketbo”. All ticket holders to the grandstand area must show their ticket to event staff on entry. Event programs will be available for collection at the entrance to the grandstand for ticket holders FOC. Access to the pontoon and presentation area by spectators is not permitted throughout the event.

Event Parking:
Parking is available in the P5 carpark for $20 per car. The entrance for general spectators is via Gate B and Gate C. Grandstand ticket holders are permitted to take the shuttle bus to the grandstand area (island) FOC.
Parking on the island is strictly for officials and designated guests and is accessible by a specific vehicle access pass.

Food and Beverage
The canteen will be open adjacent to the grandstand and food and drink stalls will also be located on the southern bank for purchase throughout the event.

Official Merchandise
AAGPS Head of the River merchandise by Paladin Sports will be available for purchase both on the day at the stall adjacent to the grandstand.

propsareslow

Frank Row (1)
How do you know an awful lot about scots when your just a fisherman that seemed to come upon the Scots 2nd Jnr VIII coach and suddenly know everything about the race. This seems like a student trying to troll to me. This is getting far out of hand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.