• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Graham Henry steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WhoDaresWin

Word is (from my uncle Kev, who was just talking out of his arse) that Foster's not a head coach. He might do fine in an assistant role.

I agree, however, that this is a slightly worrying coaching combo. I can't really remember back 8 years to what I felt like before Henry and co came in, but I'm sure any misgivings I had were mollified by the fact that all three were previous head coaches of top-tier international sides. We don't have anything like that kind of experience-level this time around.

Actually we do, (Steve Hansen, John Kirwan, John Mitchell) it's just a matter of whether they can work together cohesively like the 3 wise men did. I dont think either one of them would want to be an assistant to the others... so I think that's why Hansen has approached Forster to be his 2IC.

IMHO, a Hansen & Kirwan combo would be awesome.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Really?!?! That's some bullshit right there. Tell me you would have been comfortable with Donald being Carter's first back-up from the start of the RWC? But comparing Donald scraping thru half a game for the ABs and Foster having a controlling influence for 4yrs in the ABs are completely different things. Tell me, what has he achieved for you guys at the Chiefs in what - 8 yrs?

lol, the :) is there for a reason, relax guy. In all seriousness, I'd have no problem with him coaching the backs just as long as he has zero input on the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.