• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlander v Rebels - Sat 3:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
14 point lead erased in 10 minutes. Ruru has plenty to make up for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Rebels should have not taken advantage from knock on and by time scrum had occurred, Ruru would have been back on.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given rebels past track record of capitulating in second half would be few nervous supporters. Time to prove they are better second half team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
No urgency shown by Rebels on that last play, no one really showed any effort to get over and support Hodge on defence after the cross field kick

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure there was actually a ruck for the Reb to use his hands in. Never mind, Ioane makes a hash of a clearing kick & Hodge charges it down for his hat trick.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ioane needs to be hooked. Bad enough missing touch from a centrefield penalty but to miss touch from one in the tram lines is criminal.

EDIT : Sopoaga takes the next one & shows Ioane how it's done.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Some dumb decisions out there.

Hodge has had a good game but that cross-field kick in their own half was plain stupid.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Try all day long & fuck me the TMO only needs one look to confirm it. No doubt the TMO Shop Steward will have a word in his ear about that :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No forward passes in that one, Rebs need to score twice in three minutes plus however long they can keep the ball alive after the siren.

EDIT: poor captaincy there, shoulda taken the three immediately instead of pissing away the time on the clock deciding what to do.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Goodnight, nurse.
Highlanders taken advantage of another one of our dumbest rules - you can score at the base of the post pad, but you cannot defend in front of it.

Not a lot can be done about that.

Unless you move the posts back gridiron-style.

Status
Not open for further replies.