• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlander v Rebels - Sat 3:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Rebels had that game handed to them but lack of any game management killed them.. why cross kick in your own half? just dumb.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Landers B: 43
Reece Hodge Invitational XV: 37
Landers eke it out after jammy superb Hodge try accumulation. Good guys unable to field their AB Smiths due to them being utterly knackered from NZ conference brutality. Meanwhile NSFW fans talking themselves up as their team waltz thru to the playoffs, freshly pampered from the mummy, mummy, we EVER so want to have our very own guaranteed playoff berth, WE WANT IT NOW MUMMY conference. More meanwhile, Chiefs and Canes have to play a fucken quarter final against each other.
Landers Josh Ioane with the worst fullback performance in the history of NZ rugby since that blonde mulletted AB twit in the 1970's. Basically every second thing he touched was a cataclysmic high-wire fuckup.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels had that game handed to them but lack of any game management killed them.. why cross kick in your own half? just dumb.
Yes really poor game smarts by rebels and just lack of control of possession with lots of costly turnovers at pivotal moments cf highlanders.

Rebels missing that 10% that makes them nz super rugby quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
No forward passes in that one, Rebs need to score twice in three minutes plus however long they can keep the ball alive after the siren.

EDIT: poor captaincy there, shoulda taken the three immediately instead of pissing away the time on the clock deciding what to do.

Waiopehu Oldboy exactly te taking too much time with penalty kick. It all started with English showing no urgency to get ball when it went over touch line.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Is English departing the Rebels?

He's one of those guys who is not up to the level.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes, DP, Ioane clearly wins the Fawcett-Farrell Medal for 2018.
Kit Fawcett, that7s right, forgot his name. Looks like he might be in with a shout for the Alltime Crim XV though:

20140519-Ex-All-Black-denied-bankruptcy-discharge-Christopher-Kit-Fawcett-300x336.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ wasn't sure if you meant Fawcett (SA '76) or Farrell (Lions '77) so had a Bob each way. Farrell was from Auckland BTW & from memory Fawcett from Counties i.e. both from the future Bloos region. Musta been time travellers, I reckon :).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Highlanders taken advantage of another one of our dumbest rules - you can score at the base of the post pad, but you cannot defend in front of it.
You can you just have to phase into the second realm of existence and remain behind the line, inside the post. Timing re-entry into reality is key.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Very gutsy performance by the Rebels.

The detail let them down but the intensity really stood out above and beyond. Ruru yellow card really hurt the momentum of the game for the Rebels. 17-3 a mid field scrum inside Landers half with the momentum against them, changes the game. Genia is really the key to this Rebels team and someone like To'omua will steer them around better especially late in the game. Hodge absolutely brilliant!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Landers B: 43
Reece Hodge Invitational XV: 37

Landers Josh Ioane with the worst fullback performance in the history of NZ rugby since that blonde mulletted AB twit in the 1970's. Basically every second thing he touched was a cataclysmic high-wire fuckup.
Shit and I was at the test when the aforementioned blonde f***wit played his first test in Wellington.

F*** I'm getting old!

And na it was Colin Farrell WOB, don't think Fawcett was blonde! And he stuffed up in SA even before he cocked up in tests!

Reactions: TSR

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Goodnight, nurse.

Not a lot can be done about that.

Unless you move the posts back gridiron-style.

The solution is so simple it'll never be adopted. Just make the tryline go behind the posts instead of in front of them. Then we can go back to playing rugby in the right spirit.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The solution is so simple it'll never be adopted. Just make the tryline go behind the posts instead of in front of them. Then we can go back to playing rugby in the right spirit.

What? and have the posts in the playing field?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Until then we should encourage all our teams to try and setup a pick drive next to the posts

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shit and I was at the test when the aforementioned blonde f***wit played his first test in Wellington.

F*** I'm getting old!

And na it was Colin Farrell WOB, don't think Fawcett was blonde! And he stuffed up in SA even before he cocked up in tests!

Only had B&W TV in our house in '76 so NFI if Kit was blonde, brunette or ranga. Shit fullback, but & not too flash in the PR department with that "scoring more off the field than on it" comment.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only had B&W TV in our house in '76 so NFI if Kit was blonde, brunette or ranga. Shit fullback, but & not too flash in the PR department with that "scoring more off the field than on it" comment.

Yep where as Farrell was even worse on the field WOB, Lions first ball of game ,they put it up and farrell dropped it right in front of where I was sitting, so I remember the prick well!! And that was best thing he did!

Status
Not open for further replies.