• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have to state that I could only listen on the the ABC and I did not see the incident.

But from the reasonably accurate commentary it seems that QC (Quade Cooper) will to out for a minimum of one week and possibly more.

From those who were able to watch, what do you think?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Imo it's not even a suspension. Penalty, yes. Yellow? If your feeling card happy.

Suspension. yeah nah

Knowing Sanzar he will get anything between -3 weeks and a life ban

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
It didn't look good. I would guess that he will get a week. However, going by the precedent set by the judiciary, he could get 8 weeks, or he could get off with a warning.

The fact that Barnes went off as a result of Quades tackle could count against him though.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
High and dangerous, but I'm sure he wasn't actually trying to concuss Barnes. Haven't seen replays since the game, but my first thought was that his continuation after a clearly high hit will not stand him in good stead.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Bollocks, Barnes ducked into it. Should have been a warning and nothing more.

It's not netball people.....

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Well okay then, yellow card I'll take that but I still don't think it's a ban considering Barnes has ducked slightly into the tackle

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Negative:
High. Dangerous. Carried on with tackle. Player Injured.

Positive:
1st time on report (Don't think he was cited for the Sir Richie stuff in HK).
Actually made a tackle.

Prediction:
1 week. Missing a Final match that may cost his team progressing further in the finals is a big penalty.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the YC might help him, citing commissioner might deem it enough punishment. Would've thought 1 week off had he not been carded.

This is what I thought too. The only other thing in his factor is Barnes slipped into it. Will be touch and go if he gets suspended.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clean record, front on tackle that Barnes was dropping in on. There was no intent at ll 0 weeks

Vaea copped one week last year for the exact same thing....... and Digby did drop into that one.......

But, it is SANZAR, so he's likely to get somewhere between 0 - 10 weeks.

T

TOCC

Vaea copped one week last year for the exact same thing... and Digby did drop into that one...

But, it is SANZAR, so he's likely to get somewhere between 0 - 10 weeks.

I reckon Vaea's tackle against Digby was worse then Quades

2746578-3x2-940x627.jpg

T

TOCC

Might have to wait until i watch a replay of Quades tackle though:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Only saw it live but it looked as though BB ducked into it at the last second causing the hit to go high and Cooper stood his ground and continued with the tackle.
I would think the yellow will be enough. Has he been cited?
That ducking technique could have something to do with Barnes having head knock issues in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.