• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
For Bruwheresmycar, I contacted SANZAR last year to express my dismay at Bryce Lawrence adjudicating the Red v Crusaders final. To his credit Lyndon Bray himself ( a Kiwi ) emailed back APOLOGISING and stating that more Aussie refs were due for this year. Excluding Walsh ( & I always do ) we have 2 OZ refs that officiated in a handful of games.

Surprise, Surprise..2 SAF refs for this weekend! Is the AR in SANZAR a code for being pusillanimous and sackless?

What has this got to do with me? Is there an email you want to share with us? Do you disagree with the appointments of this week?

T

TOCC

Based on other head highs which occur in the game and don't receive a suspension... Yes he should

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting reference at the start of this thread - "the hanging judge".

I know this is getting tiring, but wouldn't it be nice if he was known as the "exactly the same as every other judge in his ability to give a consistent ruling". :(

T

TOCC

its true...

SANZAR have very little consistency in what gets referred to the judiciary and subsequently punished

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone has rightly criticized SANZAR for its lack of consistency in not citing Elstadt. If he'd been cited and suspended for one week like Cooper, he would still have been available for the Stormers semi-final next weekend.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Elstadt was suspended earlier in the season for accruing 3 yellow cards. Would that have been taken into consideration for a high shot any more than Cooper being suspended previously in test rugby?

T

TOCC

Its irrelevant as to whether he would have played or not..

Plain and simple, all players and tackles should be judged equally and not the situation that we have currently where we have players getting away with quite dangerous tackles whilst other players are getting suspended for potentially lesser offences.

If a player is suspended during a bye week, then thats just pure luck for him.. But its still on his record and will count against him later on.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought Elstadt was suspended earlier in the season for a high shot.

But yes, his suspension for three yellows would've been taken into consideration by SANZAR. Every suspension is.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone has rightly criticized SANZAR for its lack of consistency in not citing Elstadt. If he'd been cited and suspended for one week like Cooper, he would still have been available for the Stormers semi-final next weekend.

Despite opinions to the contrary, surely the Judiciary would not be that dumb as to ban a player for a number of calendar days when they know that they team the individual plays for will not be playing any games in that period.

IIRC the judiciary has the option of banning for a number of games or weeks.

If the ban is only for one game, some rogues could be tempted to quickly arrange for a club game or such to be played on a Wednesday mid week. The player in question would then misses out that "nothing" game as he serves his sentence, and then they are eligible to play on the Saturday as normal.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A bye is always included in a suspension. When the team's next game is should have no bearing on the length of a suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.