• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I don't think that's what he's saying. Because Barnes is susceptible to head knocks, he may go down from a shot that may not look so bad on another player. No slight on Barnes.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, he totally milked having to be taken off the ground... :rolleyes:

He's been setting up to milk this important penalty for the waratahs against the reds for the last couple of seasons, going off during games with footballers boo-boos, not even turning up for games. Now we see his evil plan come to fruition.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That's a great point slim, and true to boot. But I seem to remember something about Barnes have a particular problem with them - something about special headaches?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Let's all just move on and forget about the tackle. Live and let live I say, Quade's got a big game this weekend to prepare for.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gotta say looked like he aimed high to start with, and while maybe Barnes ducked a bit, I tend to when someone comes high at me, he may get away with it, but certainly couldn't argue with a 1-2 week suspension for that shot. Mind you, if he does we'll have Marto running around interviewing mungoes who would say it was quite alright and he should of got a medal for it:rolleyes:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not bollocks, if it can be reasonably argued the player tried to tackle legitimately, only to have the tacklee drop too low and the tackler was already committed, it is a significant mitigation or even excuse surely. Whether the lawyers can argue that reasonably here is a separate Q. FWIW I think it can be.
I'm sure they'll argue it, but I honestly do not believe it has merit for this tackle. In principle? Sure, it can be a legitimate factor.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Who tries to tackle legitimately with a swinging arm to the head? I don't care who it is or what team they come from, keep away from the head. How does it make it different because sookface has a history of problems with concussion? All that being said, I can't see SANZAR wiping him out, it's finals time and all good sense will go out the window.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who tries to tackle legitimately with a swinging arm to the head? I don't care who it is or what team they come from, keep away from the head. How does it make it different because sookface has a history of problems with concussion? All that being said, I can't see SANZAR wiping him out, it's finals time and all good sense will go out the window.
who decides the penalty? since it was two Aussie teams does it just go to an Australian judiciary?

Status
Not open for further replies.