• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes V Brumbies Semi-Final, Sat 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ so you're not denying the whole Onehunga zombie ground-zero thing, then? Love the Coromandel, one've the most beautiful non-South Island parts of NZ (& home to some great ganja, or so I've heard :))

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Watched some of this at the pub on the way to the Tahs game.

The thing I was puzzled about most was the maul: refs were told to crack down on it, but Jackson didn't once ping a team for failing to set correctly i.e. opponent and team mates bind to ball carrier FIRST.

The other thing was, despite the Brumbies being really flat on the first half, the Canes just didn't seem to be able to put them away except for the odd breakout.

Yeah, his handling of the maul was poor. There was one where it was handed off (to Shields I think) who was clearly a step behind the players in front of him and not bound. He then drives into them and nothing happens.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
poor performance from the Brumbies. Look like schoolboys vs men and convinced the Stormers would have done a lot better. Cant wait on defense against the Canes, need to tackle them back otherwise they will find holes in your defense. No team will stop the Canes from here, they deserve the title.
Except they got smashed by the Brumbies, so didn't quite make it there. Stormers wouldn't stand a chance against the Canes either. The Canes wouldn't have given away enough penalties :)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Hurricanes too good and whoever plays them next week will need to be spot on.

The work from the wingers in the 5m channel is exceptional and will give opposition backlines plenty to think about.

The missed tackle count from the Brumbies killed them and I don't think even the travel factor would have mattered since the Hurricanes were on fire tonight.

Agreed Canes were on fire... look like champs... I hope they win on Saturday...

Thanks to all the Brumbies guys for another exciting season... and good luck to the Brumbies boys going into the Wallabies camp...

Gorgodze

Bob McCowan (2)
After 15 minutes all I could think was "holy sh*t, these guys are good".

Congrats to the Canes, they were fantastic. NZ teams seem to be able to attack with straight running and accurate long passing to both sides just so much better than the rest of us. Everyone in their team was both a running and passing threat.

I thought our guys were valiant but looked tired and came up against a top notch, fired up team at home.

Lot's of the wallaby brumbies look like they could do with a rest so hopefully it's for the best in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom