• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Brumbies

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Understrength Brumbies might struggle away against a strong Hurricanes team. No Samu or Ikitau.

Hurricanes vs Brumbies, 5.05pm​

Hurricanes (1-15): Xavier Numia, Asafo Aumua, Tyrel Lomax, James Blackwell, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Ardie Savea (c), Cam Roigard, Aidan Morgan, Salesi Rayasi, Jordie Barrett, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Julian Savea, Josh Moorby.
Replacements: Jacob Devery, Tevita Mafileo, Owen Franks, Caleb Delany, Brayden Iose, Jamie Booth, Harry Godfrey, Kini Naholo.

Brumbies (1-15): James Slipper, Billy Pollard, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Rory Scott, Charlie Cale, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Ollie Sapsford, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

Replacements: Lachlan Lonergan, Fred Kaihea, Sefo Kautai, Darcy Swain, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Jack Debreczeni, Ben O’Donnell.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
150th appearance for The Bus, second 'cane to that mark after TJP who hasn't played another since. Interestingly they've also both scored 58 Super Rugby tries, two short of Israel Folau's record.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Is Ikitau injured or resting? Sapsford is a significant downgrade and presents as a big danger with that Hurricanes backline.

Still, only four major losses to the squad - Ikitau, Hooper, Van Neck and Samu I think. Most franchises would consider themselves lucky to have lost only four first choices by now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Probably good a Canes team that cna be named with injuuries, so happy with it, and looking forward to game!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Ikitau injured or resting? Sapsford is a significant downgrade and presents as a big danger with that Hurricanes backline.

Still, only four major losses to the squad - Ikitau, Hooper, Van Neck and Samu I think. Most franchises would consider themselves lucky to have lost only four first choices by now.

Injured... should hopefully be back next week.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

The losses to injury is interesting Hawko. My impression is that when so many players were falling over in Wallaby training and in games last year, very few of them were Brumbies. Might indicate some better preparation by the coaching group?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The losses to injury is interesting Hawko. My impression is that when so many players were falling over in Wallaby training and in games last year, very few of them were Brumbies. Might indicate some better preparation by the coaching group?

If it does mean that then the number of coaching teams that want to be let in on the secret would be too many to count.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Do Brumbies need to finish top two to guarantee a home semi (assuming they win the quarters)?

If so this is basically a must win if the Brumbies want to make the final. I think the odds of them going to NZ in a finals series and winning away is very limited unless it's against the Highlanders.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies have a tough stretch heading into the finals... the 'canes, Chiefs, 'landers and two games against the Rebels to come... and the Force won't be pushovers in Perth.

Brumbies have a good recent record against the 'canes, but most of those games have been in Canberra.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Do Brumbies need to finish top two to guarantee a home semi (assuming they win the quarters)?

If so this is basically a must win if the Brumbies want to make the final. I think the odds of them going to NZ in a finals series and winning away is very limited unless it's against the Highlanders.
Brumbies at home are a differant beast. They need to do everything they can to play at home deep into the finals