• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Brumbies

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I have to admit I happy with that. I thought Canes were trying to lose it with some of the c*** ups, f***en Rayasi on the wing will turn me into an old man!!!

Oh shit too late :D

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
First half was an arm wrestle, second half was really scrappy for both sides. To the Cane's credit, they had worked the Brumbies out and made easy metres up the guts. I also don't think Lolesio is playing well at all. He seems to be aimless in attack, which is strange for a Larkham coached team.

I must say, I really, really hate decoy runners interfering with defenders and not getting penalised for it. Most teams do it, but Kiwi teams seem to be the most blatant about it. Props to them, they push the limits of the laws to see what they can get away with, but it's something the refs really need to start cracking down on.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
WFT match thread has barely made it to page 2. Why do Aussie rugby fans not give a shit about their best team?

The beautiful, idiotic Hurricanes vs the all-structure funless & errorless Bumbreeze.

Did the ref have a bus to catch? Ignored all knock-ons, especially from contested kicks, and a grand total of 2 penalties awarded in the 1st half

God knows how J.Savea keeps getting picked. Reverted back to his hapless passenger iteration. Rayasi was a special kind of nonsense too.

Tom Wright must drive the Bumbreeze fans INSANE. The Willie Le Roux of aussie ruggy. 1 part mercurial/2 parts colossal great fuckup.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
First half was an arm wrestle, second half was really scrappy for both sides. To the Cane's credit, they had worked the Brumbies out and made easy metres up the guts. I also don't think Lolesio is playing well at all. He seems to be aimless in attack, which is strange for a Larkham coached team.

I must say, I really, really hate decoy runners interfering with defenders and not getting penalised for it. Most teams do it, but Kiwi teams seem to be the most blatant about it. Props to them, they push the limits of the laws to see what they can get away with, but it's something the refs really need to start cracking down on.
Lolesio looks like a bloke about to go sign for the Fukushima Fugu and he doesn’t give a shit.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
WFT match thread has barely made it to page 2. Why do Aussie rugby fans not give a shit about their best team?
5:30pm kick offs especially on a Friday are stupid. Even with the shift of people WFH, being able to sit in front of the tv for a lot of us at this time is limited due to; getting home from work, dinner, going to the pub with mates, Friday night kids training (club rugby for kids is Friday night)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
5:30pm kick offs especially on a Friday are stupid. Even with the shift of people WFH, being able to sit in front of the tv for a lot of us at this time is limited due to; getting home from work, dinner, going to the pub with mates, Friday night kids training (club rugby for kids is Friday night)
5pm even.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I like to focus on the positives after a loss...

So, Frost and Valetini are just magnificent...

That work from Toole for the first try was incredible, but the Brumbies were just unable to get him involved properly for the rest of the game except for throw it out wide to the fast guy which doesn't work when the defence has it covered.