• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Brumbies

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Brums wobbly set piece hurt them, as well as some dodgy exits. Bench props were a step down from Schoup and Van Nek which really hurt when the Canes had Owen Franks rumble on.

They'll be pleased to jag the bonus point but that should realistically be a tough watch in review.

Canes were all over the shop but lethal when it came together.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So that's probably gunna be the season right? I reckon its 90% likely the Brumbies go out in an away semi now.

Final will probably be Chiefs v Saders (still reckon the 'Saders will pull it together in time). I suppose it'll be nice for whatever fans give a fuck that the Chiefs are a realistic chance of finally stopping the 'Saders from winning the damn thing again.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So that's probably gunna be the season right? I reckon its 90% likely the Brumbies go out in an away semi now.

Final will probably be Chiefs v Saders (still reckon the 'Saders will pull it together in time). I suppose it'll be nice for whatever fans give a fuck that the Chiefs are a realistic chance of finally stopping the 'Saders from winning the damn thing again.
Brumbies can still easily come 2nd and hope #1 gets knocked off.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)

They were an immature decision from Lolesio away from winning a semi in Auckland last year. Never say never.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Second on the ladder... five rounds to go...

SEASON OVER.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No need to be quite so pessimistic Derpus. Missing two of their most effective players, away to the Hurricanes and four tries each. Not to mention the natural advantage the NZ sides enjoy with the NZ referee interpretations. (When is a NZ lineout throw not straight? - when it goes down the centre of the lineout).

In a world where right prevails, the Brumbies should now start to enjoy the natural advantage of mostly playing other Aussie sides. Can't see them, or anyone else, challenging the Chiefs for top spot but they should be well and truly in the mix for the second spot.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
These are my takes from the game.

Lineout is verging on dysfunctional as hookers continue to throw too low. Ball is being picked off in front of the nominated catcher.

Defence around the ruck is a bit porous allowing large metres to be gained on pick and drives. Missing Samu and Hooper.

LHP is becoming a penalty magnet at scrum time. Slipper perhaps showing the effects of time and age. Kahui not up to scratch in scrums. Could also be a Wallaby issue if Gus Bell isn't fit. Sio maybe the answer.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
These are my takes from the game.

Lineout is verging on dysfunctional as hookers continue to throw too low. Ball is being picked off in front of the nominated catcher.

Defence around the ruck is a bit porous allowing large metres to be gained on pick and drives. Missing Samu and Hooper.

LHP is becoming a penalty magnet at scrum time. Slipper perhaps showing the effects of time and age. Kahui not up to scratch in scrums. Could also be a Wallaby issue if Gus Bell isn't fit. Sio maybe the answer.
Impressively honest take from you BR, everything ok?