• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Force R10 19 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Foley has lost the plot, how can he drop Godwin if he's not injured? Mafi to the bench???

To prevent injury? We are going to get pumped either way- better to give Godwin a break. He's been playing his socks off and a bit less travel and an extra week off will make sure his body doesn't break down on him.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was pissed at first, but the more I think about it the more I think he is right to rest Godwin. This is his first year of starting at the S15 level and he has been punishing himself with the contact he has been taking.

A well timed rest will see him run out the season in good shape instead of tapering off.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, I think managing players is one of main jobs of coaches,Foley giving Godwin a break is probably a good idea, I even agree with Hammett saying Savea the younger has had a couple of games, now have a rest, look at your jobs etc, shrewd use of young players will see them last longer and become better players I believe.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Force don't have the bye until R16 so resting Godwin is probably not a bad decision. Doubt any player in the west has had more minutes.

M

Moono75

3.30pm kickoff WA time....hhhmmmmmmm.....must put my early departure from work plan into action.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Considering Mafi, Godwin and Ebersohn are your best three backs, it seems strange that two of them are on the bench and one isn't even playing.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
TJ Perenara starting on the bench, surely can't be a dropping on form, hopefully he's just being given a bit of a rest and to give Smylie a start in reward for his good form off the bench. Mathewson v Perenara would've been a great battle.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Considering Mafi, Godwin and Ebersohn are your best three backs, it seems strange that two of them are on the bench and one isn't even playing.

Geez I wouldn't put Ebersohn anywhere the near the best, he only offers a boot. Mafi, Godwin and Alby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Geez I wouldn't put Ebersohn anywhere the near the best, he only offers a boot. Mafi, Godwin and Alby.

Ebersohn mostly offers his boot, but the Force have done much better since he has been in the side. As good as Godwin has been, he is so far from being a Super Rugby standard goalkicker.

id have Brown and Pek with those three if they have good games so do the force.

My original post was only about backs.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
In my view this game all comes down to the Force’s defence. If they defend with the accuracy they did last week they’ll get the win. If not the Canes will run in a bonus point try.

The Canes’ defence has not impressed me this season. The Force will get plenty of opportunities to score tries tonight and I think they will. But the Canes will pile on point quickly if they are loose in defence.

I’m hoping the Force play the same basic game plan as last week. Play the game in the Canes half, force a mistake and attack.

Disappointed Godwin is not playing. He’s a great prospect. Looking forward to seeing more of Ed Stubbs and whoever that bloke is that looks like Brock Lesnar..? (came off the bench last week and effected a nice turn-over at a crucial moment of the game).

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Disappointed Godwin is not playing. He’s a great prospect. Looking forward to seeing more of Ed Stubbs and whoever that bloke is that looks like Brock Lesnar..? (came off the bench last week and effected a nice turn-over at a crucial moment of the game).

this is the guy your thinking of.

Rory.jpg

Reactions: BDA

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
haha ^ yep that's him. He wasn't wearing the overalls when i saw him on the field last week, but he did have his arms in the air just like in the picture, ready to wreck shit

Status
Not open for further replies.