• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Force R10 19 April

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

That was a game there to be won. Intensity just wasnt the same as last weak. Baffling. Dont break up a winning team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did better than we did at the Cake Tin. I hate to say it but.. Godwin should've been there. He's the type of guy you could've used to create that match winning break at the end there.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I couldn't believe the selection. That game could have been in the bag with Godwin and Mafi starting. Crazy. We did well to stay in the game and had a real chance to steal it at the end.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Who is this Jayden Hayward bloke? Has he been injured up until now? Apart from some underpay goal kicking he was pretty damn sharp. Every week the force back line seems to find someone new. If they can get it to all fit together is might end up working pretty well for them.
Would like to see them run out with:
-Mathieson
-Norton-Knight
-Mafi
-Godwin
-Cummins
-Dellit
-Hayward

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who is this Jayden Hayward bloke? Has he been injured up until now? Apart from some underpay goal kicking he was pretty damn sharp. Every week the force back line seems to find someone new. If they can get it to all fit together is might end up working pretty well for them.
Would like to see them run out with:
-Mathieson
-Norton-Knight
-Mafi
-Godwin
-Cummins
-Dellit
-Hayward
Hayward has been there aomost ever game just from the bench and as a centre. Last week they put him at fullback. He isnt bad but hea not in out long term plan i say.

The player they need to unearth next is CTM. Mate of mine plays with him in the local comp here in perth says he is a absolute freak cant understand why he hasnt got a lookin yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I hadn't realised Hayward had gone too Force until a couple of weeks back, I had been pretty impressed with him 3-4 years back when he played for the Naki in the ITM cup, and had not really kept too much an eye on him. Always thought then he would be a good S15 player, just gave impression he the good solid player that can shore up backline, rather than a starry type player if you can understand my meaning.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
I couldn't believe the selection. That game could have been in the bag with Godwin and Mafi starting. Crazy. We did well to stay in the game and had a real chance to steal it at the end.
After seeing almost every Force match so far, I guess the main problem is the very conservative game plan the Force have.
Sad to say, the Force can only win when the opposite team doesn't manage to score enough tries or kicks too many penalties/conversions outside the uprights.
Carrying the ball straight against the opposite defenders almost all the match through is bringing us nowhere. They should make more attempts to move the ball horizontally and try to outnumber the opponents or take advantage of gaps. And yes, the only ones who can take advantage of a gap in the team are Mathewson, Godwin and Mafi (maybe Cummins too) and juts one of them was in the starting lineup on friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.