• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Force R10 19 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I thought that was a try. And what's this talk of "double movement"? Isnt it just "place it immediately"?

Yes, the double movement talk is misguided. In fact the laws actually specifically state you are allowed to "move twice in order to score".

If a player is tackled near to the opponents’ goal line so that this player can immediately reach out and ground the ball on or over the goal line, a try is scored.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bruwheresmycar, indeed. I was hoping they'd show a closer image for that grounding too.

On another note the commentators don't seem to know who Matt Hodgson is they've already confused him with Cottrell & Alcock.

M

Moono75

Force had a couple of chances to score. Need to push wide, a couple of times theyve cut back with a man still outside. Boys close enough if good enough.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wow! Great try Alby!

Off the line-out, straight through like a knife through hot butter, then making his way around a few more defenders to go under the posts.

13-22 Canes. Game on.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So Force can't bore two Kiwi teams to a loss two weeks in a row.

Norton-Kinght? You have to be fucking kidding me.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Sounds like a fun game to watch. Have recently moved so no foxsports, AH! Painful.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
70m to finish the game 30 to short good effort from the force. Its not far away a bit more punch in the back line a the force are there.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)

Indeed, just moved to Melbourne. Watched the highlanders lose to the brumbies last week at the College Lawn Bar (which was very nice btw) but it's on the other side of town now and can't be arsed going there tomorrow.

Two very mediocre teams in a very mediocre game.

Any rugby would be better than no rugby at the moment. :(

M

Moono75

Ahhhhhhhhh. Frustrating......but can see the improvement. Missed Godwin and Benny Mac. Wykes borderline.

Status
Not open for further replies.