• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Illawarra Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Bowral looks like a dying club with the senior results :( but the Juniors are going great guns. Played Vikings today in the Under 17's at Bowral and won 38-17. Heated game too. Since Shoalhaven have pulled out of the comp we are now reduced to 4 teams but we are playing to get first and second spot to have chance of going traight through to the Grand Final. Bowral were on top of the ladder but the IDRU took all the points that each team had got from the Shoalhaven game and as Bowral had played Shoalhaven the most we lost the most amount of points and are now coming third. Could be coming second after today and couldve gone back to first if we had agreed to Vikings proposal for double points. However Vikings have more to gain then us so we thought better of it :p

Congrats to Bowral on the win yesterday! From your report TA the IDRU U/17's sounds like a dogs breakfast ( again! ) - unfortunately! I can't be too critical of Shoalies - Vikings had to fold our U/17's last year for lack of numbers which created the same sort of chaos, and Bowral didn't field a team last year because apparently the U/16's wouldn't play up ( 2 year window ). I guess with a 4 team comp everyone makes the semi's? Good luck for the rest of the year and hope it's a Vikings - Bowral GF ( and that the result is different! :) ). Cheers, Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra Rugby Union - Results – Round 15
28th July 2012
TECH/TAHS v KIAMA
1st Grade
Tech Waratahs 40 def Kiama 20
2nd Grade
Tech Waratahs 62 def Kiama 0
3rd Grade
Tech Waratahs 20 def Kiama 0
2nd Grade
Shamrocks 48 def Bowral 5
3rd Grade
Wollondilly 35 def Shamrocks 14
2nd Grade
Camden 32 def Vikings 7
3rd Grade
Camden 13 def Vikings 7
3rd Grade
Vincentia vs Engadine no scores submitted
2nd Grade
Avondale 52 def University 7
3rd Grade
Avondale 36 def University 12

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra Rugby Union - Results – Round 9B catchup games :

4/8/2012

SHAMROCKS v VIKINGS

1st Shamrocks 26 DEF Vikings 14

2nd Vikings 26 DEF Shamrocks 24

3rd Shamrocks 39 DEF Vikings 7

CAMDEN v UNIVERSITY

1st University 55 DEF Camden 21

2nd Camden 45 DEF University 5

3RD Camden 28 DEF University 24

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra Rugby Union - Results – Round 16

TECH/TAHS v SHOALHAVEN

1st Shoalhaven 23 Def Tech Waratahs 22

2nd Tech Waratahs 17 Def Shoalhaven 8

3rd Vincentia 36 Def Tech Waratahs 7

SHAMROCKS v AVONDALE

1st Avondale 40 def Shamrocks 36

2nd Avondale 31 def Shamrocks 17

3rd Avondale 22 def Shamrocks 17

CAMDEN v KIAMA

1st Kiama 43 def Camden 14

2nd Camden 8 def Kiama 5
3RD Camden 27 def Kiama 10

VIKINGS v ENGADINE

2nd Vikings 60 def Engadine 0

3rd Vikings 29 def Engadine 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNIVERSITY V BOWRAL

1st University 89 def Bowral 5
2nd University 42 def Bowral 35
3rd Wollondilly 29 def University 13

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Congrats to Bowral on the win yesterday! From your report TA the IDRU U/17's sounds like a dogs breakfast ( again! ) - unfortunately! I can't be too critical of Shoalies - Vikings had to fold our U/17's last year for lack of numbers which created the same sort of chaos, and Bowral didn't field a team last year because apparently the U/16's wouldn't play up ( 2 year window ). I guess with a 4 team comp everyone makes the semi's? Good luck for the rest of the year and hope it's a Vikings - Bowral GF ( and that the result is different! :) ). Cheers, Wreckless
Could be a good chance Bowral play Vikings in the GF! We just have to beat Campbelltown this weekend in the major semi and then Vikings just have to beat Campbelltown. If there is any other team besides Bowral who can beat them again its Vikings! Any reason why Avondale is hosting the Grand Final rather then it being at Win Stadium like it has always been at?!! Avondale is a shit box! Not happy!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra Rugby Union - Results – Round 17

18th August 2012

TECH/TAHS v SHAMROCKS

1st Tech Tahs 27 def Shamrocks 15
2nd Tech Tahs 20 def Shamrocks 5
3rd Tech Tahs 31 def Shamrocks 5
3rd Avondale 14 def Camden 13

1st Kiama 43 def Vikings 31
2nd Vikings 34 def Kiama 14
3RD Vikings 39 def Kiama 0

BOWRAL v ENGADINE

2nd Bowral 55 def Engadine 7
3rd Wollondilly 25 def Engadine 22

1st University 42 def Shoalhaven 17
2nd Shoalhaven 39 def University 5
3rd Vincentia 28 def University 0

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
How'd you go against Campbelltown Tom? Heard Vikings won the minor SF - who do they have next week?

Cheers, Wreckless

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Illawarra Rugby Union - Results – Round 18
25th August 2012

TECH/TAHS V ENGADINE

2nd Grade Tech Tahs 52 def Engadine 12
3rd Grade Tech Tahs 41 def Engadine 0

CAMDEN v UNIVERSITY
1st University 22 def Camden 8
2nd Camden 31 def University 28
3rd Camden 45 def University 21 ____________________________________________________________

AVONDALE v KIAMA

1st Avondale 71 def Kiama 13
2nd Avondale 43 def Kiama 0
3RD Avondale 34 def Kiama 10

BOWRAL v SHOALHAVEN

1ST Shoalhaven 93 def Bowral 0
2nd Shoalhaven 30 def Bowral 0
3rd WOLLONDILLY VINCENTIA
NO SCORE SUBMITTED
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHAMROCKS V VIKINGS

1st Shamrocks 32 def Vikings 31
2nd Shamrocks 37 def Vikings 3
3rd Vikings 22 def Shamrocks 5

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unless times have really changed there would have been some passion in the First Grade Shamrocks - Vikings encounter.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Passion, it was like the "cuff and collar team vs the Geebung polo club" the spectators were injured just by mearly looking on.
At one point the Shamrocks were down to 12 players and down one man on the BBQ (who gave the ref some advise on how to cook snags). A Vikings player put a cheap late tackle on the Shamrocks fullback and some Shamrocks forwards decided to help the ref with discipline enforcement. He didn't see it as helpful.
A very willing game with a result that reflected how the game played out.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey Bruce - the young blokes season with Canterbury ended on Sunday with a loss in the preliminary final. Sydney Uni stalwarts Charles Carter and Wade Gudgeon were coaching this team. My bloke is already talking about Uni Colts next year - see you at the footy! :)

Cheers, Wreckless

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wreckless, Charles and Wade do a great job developing the young boys and teaching them the basics. Wade also coached 3rd Colts this season and they have already qualified for the Grand Final. It's a shame that there is such an age gap between Under 17s and Colts but the young blokes seem to handle the transition quite well. I am particularly proud of the fact that so many of our Colts are now coming through from the junior program given that traditionally Uni players tended to come overwhelmingly from the wealthy private schools.

I anticipate that Alan Williamson - you'll get to know him - and I will again be going along to all the Colts games rather than Grade next season. Be sure to come up and introduce yourself.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I am particularly proud of the fact that so many of our Colts are now coming through from the junior program given that traditionally Uni players tended to come overwhelmingly from the wealthy private schools.

I don't want to disappoint you Bruce but my young bloke is playing Saturday footy at one of those schools - Newington - and he has really enjoyed his club rugby at Canterbury as well! He actually trained with the Uni Colts 3rds during the school holidays. School rugby next year may preclude Saturday games with Uni colts but I understand he will be training at Uni once a week anyway as a few of his mates from this year will be making the transition. Good luck to all the Sydney Uni teams in the finals! My old club ( UWA ) won the Club Championship this year for the first time since the '70's! Seems University rugby is going from strength to strength! Cheers, Wreckless

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't want to disappoint you Bruce but my young bloke is playing Saturday footy at one of those schools - Newington - and he has really enjoyed his club rugby at Canterbury as well! He actually trained with the Uni Colts 3rds during the school holidays. School rugby next year may preclude Saturday games with Uni colts but I understand he will be training at Uni once a week anyway as a few of his mates from this year will be making the transition. Good luck to all the Sydney Uni teams in the finals! My old club ( UWA ) won the Club Championship this year for the first time since the '70's! Seems University rugby is going from strength to strength! Cheers, Wreckless
I certainly wouldn't want to bag the private schools as a vital nursery for rugby, wreckless, but I think for too long the code was virtually dominated by boys from GPS or Associated schools. It's good that there is now much more of a balance.

It's good news that UWA is enjoying a resurgence.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I certainly wouldn't want to bag the private schools as a vital nursery for rugby, wreckless, but I think for too long the code was virtually dominated by boys from GPS or Associated schools. It's good that there is now much more of a balance.

It's good news that UWA is enjoying a resurgence.

I agree - a broad brush is better! :). And as I said, my bloke has made some great "out of school" mates at Canterbury!

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
How'd you go against Campbelltown Tom? Heard Vikings won the minor SF - who do they have next week?

Cheers, Wreckless

Hey mate. Yeah Bowral won v Campbelltown. We ran out out with it just towards the end but with 25 minutes to go we were 1 point down. Close game! Who will win between Vikings and Campbelltown. Vikings did beat them by a point a few weeks ago!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey mate. Yeah Bowral won v Campbelltown. We ran out out with it just towards the end but with 25 minutes to go we were 1 point down. Close game! Who will win between Vikings and Campbelltown. Vikings did beat them by a point a few weeks ago!

Well Done! Let's see how our prediction pans out - maybe a "Black & Blue" GF! Finals at Vikings this Sunday!:). Oh - and BTW - couldn't agree more about the venue for the GF! How that club can be rewarded with a Grand Final after the way they have behaved in both Seniors & Juniors beats me! And you're right - the ground is crap!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
What's happened to Shamrocks in the IDRU Juniors? No teams in the GF this Sunday? Shammies were always traditionally strong in Juniors - what has changed to see them not represented?

Also, no teams from Tech-Tahs or Shoalies.

Grand Final - 09/09/2012
Dandaloo Oval, Dapto

U/10's Avondale vs. Kiama 9:00am
U/11's University vs. Campbelltown 10:10am
U/12's Kiama Black vs. University 11:20am
U/13's Campbelltown vs. Bowral 12:40pm
U/15's Camden vs. Vikings 2:00pm
U/17's Bowral vs. Vikings 3:30pm

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
IDRU PRELIMINARY SEMI FINAL RESULTS FROM 1ST & 2ND SEPTEMBER

Saturday 1st September Major Preliminary Semi Finals Gerry Capetta Oval