• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland NZ Tour 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
just to witness the meltdown a perverse part of me wants Fozzie to send this team out:

1 Ofa
2 Codie Taylor "We trust him to play his way back into form"
Nepo "We trust him to play his way back into form"
4 Brodie Retallick "We trust him to play his way back into form even though he hasn't fired a shot since 2018"
5 Samuel Whitelock "We trust him to play his way back into form even though he's 82 years old"
6 Scott Barrett "Isn't it amazing, 3 brothers in the same All Black team, what an accomplishment"
7 Sam Cane (captain) "We trust him to play his way back into form even though injuries have completely wrecked his body"
8 Ardie Savea "Ardie is the most exciting rugby player in the world"
9 Aaron Smith
10 Richie Mo’unga "I'm sure he won't run sideways and miss all his tackles this test season"
11 George Bridge "He's Mr Steady and Dependable under the high ball and that's what we need at test level"
12 David Havili
12 Braydon Ennor "It's great to have such an effective provincial combination in the centres"
14 Jordie "Not a 2nd 5, wing is his best position, I'm Ian Foster, I know best"
15 Will Jordan

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
2bc9753e-c573-428e-9352-06444f5386fc-image.jpeg.jpg

Maori AB will presumably be named this week?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Most Dismal Test Series Prediction:

1st Test
: Company Man Fozzie goes with all the tenured failures of last year. "They deserve a shot at redeeming themselves". AB's lose.

2nd Test
: Company Man Fozzie goes with all the tenured failures of last year. "AB's are always rusty in the first tests of the year. Combinations need time to gel". AB's lose.

3rd test:
The series lost, exasperated Fozzie panics and biffs all the kids in. "Fine then, fuckyuz NZ public, you think you know best, is this what you want?". AB's lose.

Fozzie fired, Razor and Schmidt installed for RC and RWC.

*edit oops sorry, that last sentence not "dismal" at all, more like elated ffs

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
what do folks reckon it takes for Foster to get sacked? How many Tests does he realistically have to lose to get sacked from the job 1 year before the RWC?

If this was one month ago, I would think Ireland would be slight favourites coming into the Test, especially after Leinster engulfed Toulouse.

But as fortune have it for the Foz, the Irish look like they are experiencing a dip in form, just in time for July.
If the ABs win 3-0, edging each slightly as the back of a slightly off Irish team, it might just give the team enough confidence to get through the season reasonable.
But as they do so, all the cracks in the Foster regime are peppered over, covered by carpet instead of mended with cement, and when RWC comes - that carpet will inevitably be pulled away.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have the Irish team played in last month? I missed it mate. But I will be bloody happy if we win series 2-1. But very doubtful Foster will get dumped a year out from WC anyway. Irish are pretty good team, and I doubt whether they will be anything but in top form when they get here, they got too much to gain from it with WC next year not to.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Have the Irish team played in last month? I missed it mate. But I will be bloody happy if we win series 2-1. But very doubtful Foster will get dumped a year out from WC anyway. Irish are pretty good team, and I doubt whether they will be anything but in top form when they get here, they got too much to gain from it with WC next year not to.
Think he’s just referring to Leinster’s recent string of losses (and Ulster’s).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The only way Foster doesn't take AB to RWC is if he has a Wayne Smith moment which I doubt he's capable of. A bit like John Hart in 1991, he got them to where they're currently at & it's up to him & his assistants to get them to where they need to be. I don't think he's capable of that, either, but it's a year too late to be parachuting in a new Head Coach.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foster was quoted today saying Nugget & JBar are 50/50 for T1 but SamW & Papali'i should be good to go with Papali'i even a chance of playing the SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) Final this week.

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
Irish Squad in. big squad - 40 players. Basically, everyone significant is in it bar Andrew Conway and maybe Ross Maloney, and the Ulster boys Cooney and McCloestsky. Even Larmour made the squad.
So they will have their big guns for the game, in reasonably good nick, though Leinster which is essentially most of Ireland have been slightly off of late. This is exactly what we hope it to be - as good a travelling side, as big a challenge, and the chance to really push ourselves into developing our game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just fiinisher reading squad WOB, and have to admit got the excitement starting to buld now we see the Irish squad. As expected that is a bloody good squad.

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
The latest news is that Sam Whitelock's thumb isn't right. According to AFP, he actually played the final even though the thumb was still broken. If so, that's an amazing effort.

If Sam, probably our form lock atm isn't ready, then it will prob be Brodie and Scott. Compared to say the front row (no chance; the irish have a terrific front row starting or reserve) or back row (much tighter), the locks are definitely an area where the ABs will look to get an edge in.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The latest news is that Sam Whitelock's thumb isn't right. According to AFP, he actually played the final even though the thumb was still broken. If so, that's an amazing effort.

If Sam, probably our form lock atm isn't ready, then it will prob be Brodie and Scott. Compared to say the front row (no chance; the irish have a terrific front row starting or reserve) or back row (much tighter), the locks are definitely an area where the ABs will look to get an edge in.
Yep I hope Sam is good as (pretty confident he will be), but Retallick and Barret would still be a bloody good locking pair I reckon as I thought Barrett was close to Sam W as MOTM in final and has been bloody good form all year.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep I hope Sam is good as (pretty confident he will be), but Retallick and Barret would still be a bloody good locking pair I reckon as I thought Barrett was close to Sam W as MOTM in final and has been bloody good form all year.

Some promising signs towards the end of Super for all 3 but they need to replicate it at test level which hasn't been seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.