• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland NZ Tour 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
New Irish kit:
20220626_222755.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL Scenario:

Interim coach Joe Schmidt guides an innovative and rejuvenated AB team to a resounding victory in test 1.

Fozzie comes back, rising like a phoenix from teh flames of his covid deathbed.

All Blacks lose their next 4 tests in a row.

Joe 1 and 0

Fozzie 0 and 4.

"You know we looked so good in that 1st test but then everything fell apart and we went back to looking weak, listless, rudderless and clueless after that. Just can't quite put my finger on where it all went so wrong....."

Wilson

David Codey (61)
LOL Scenario:

Interim coach Joe Schmidt guides an innovative and rejuvenated AB team to a resounding victory in test 1.

Fozzie comes back, rising like a phoenix from teh flames of his covid deathbed.

All Blacks lose their next 4 tests in a row.

Joe 1 and 0

Fozzie 0 and 4.

"You know we looked so good in that 1st test but then everything fell apart and we went back to looking weak, listless, rudderless and clueless after that. Just can't quite put my finger on where it all went so wrong....."
Proabably Joe Schmidt white-anting Fozzie in the background after having to hand back the team, they'll need to sack him quick smart so no one gets in the way of Fozzie's master plan for the world cup.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Perfect alibi for Fozzie to quibble away presiding over the first AB team to lose at Eden Park since 1994.

"Aw yeah nah covid eh".
"But the other team had Covid too"
"Um ok uhh thanks everyone I have to go home right now right this instant, no more questions".

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Given how they managed throughout Super Rugby, only to now start dropping like flies, I'm starting to suspect that none of them have the 'vid. Instead, I put it to you, the GAGR shitposting public, that they are, instead, using it to jump ship and avoid being shunned as the first lot to lose to A) Ireland at home; and B) specifically at Eden Park for the first time since Caesar himself rolled through suburban Auckland back in the day.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ireland: Jimmy O’Brien, Jordan Larmour, James Hume, Bundee Aki (c), Keith Earls, Ciaran Frawley, Craig Casey, Gavin Coombes, Nick Timoney, Cian Prendergast, Kieran Treadwell, Joe McCarthy, Tom O’Toole, Dave Heffernan, Jeremy Loughman. Reserves: Niall Scannell, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Michael Lowry

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ireland: Jimmy O’Brien, Jordan Larmour, James Hume, Bundee Aki (c), Keith Earls, Ciaran Frawley, Craig Casey, Gavin Coombes, Nick Timoney, Cian Prendergast, Kieran Treadwell, Joe McCarthy, Tom O’Toole, Dave Heffernan, Jeremy Loughman. Reserves: Niall Scannell, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Michael Lowry
This is for the MABs yes

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
Pretty expected team, to save their big guns for the ABs. This means that the centre partnership on Saturday will be Henshaw and Ringrose.

In this Ireland team, the forwards are workers; the backs are where there are some form players.

The centres will be the biggest challenge. Aki and Hume are both power players, and will look to plough straight through. Hume, in particular, has big wraps behind him. They think he is close to Ringrose. The wings are some old hands. Earls has been around for a long time, while Larmour, frozen out of form this year in a stacked Leinster team, also found form at the back end of the year. Finally, Jimmy O'Brien is an up and coming fullback, with good skills.

Off the bench, they have some big names. Conan, Murray, Carberry, Healy, and Bealham are seasoned pros. The reserve front row coming on with Baird pushing means that the scrum will go alright at the latter stages.

For the MABs to win, they have to:
a) field and kick decent. Zarn was on and off with his kicking in the season. CGB and Stevenson both play FB too, but they will get tested under the high ball. Expect Ireland to chase hard on kicks. Josh Ioane is not the best kicking flyhalf. He needs to calm down and get control of himself.
b) At least eke out an adv in the forwards. The forwards have a real pre 2021 Blues feel to them. A lot of decent names, but they underperform and lack effort on the day. I hope being the MABs shirt pushes them to really commit physically. The loosies, with Harmon and Grace, will be key.
c) hold the centres. Pohipi and Proctor will need to be ready defensively.

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
BTW, ABs backs will be interesting.

First, Havili, Goodhue, and Jordan are out with Covid.
In the centres, we therefore realistically have Quinn, Reiko, RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck), Jordie, Leicester, and Braydon.
None of these combinations really look good; with no Will Jordan, expect that Jordie will now be a locked on 15. Unless Foster goes with BB at 15. I don't think Perofeta is a realistic option for the first test. This leaves Caleb/Leicester duking it out for the left wing and Sevu on the right. I seriously hope they are not considering Braydon.

So it's looking like Quinn and Reiko. Not the smartest combination, nor the most experienced combination, with possibly RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) on the bench. If I am Leicester, I will be pretty disgusted with Braydon is number 23 and not me.

FInally, Aaron Smith has a groin issue. he's probably going to be Ok. But imagine if he doesnt recover in time.
IMO, Finlay Christie does not deserve to be in the squad. He was mediocre the entire year behind a dominant pack. But Folau Fakatava - is he ready to start?

In the worse case scenario, this will be the backline

9. Christie (Yikes)
10. BB
11. Caleb
12. Quinn
13. Reiko
14. Sevu
15. Jordie
21. Folau
22. Richie
23. Leicester/Braydon/RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck)

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's been raining for a coupla hours in the Tron but it's neither cold nor windy so I don't think conditions will be too much of a factor tonight & unlikely to deter anyone with tix or intending to rock up at the gates.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's been raining for a coupla hours in the Tron but it's neither cold nor windy so I don't think conditions will be too much of a factor tonight & unlikely to deter anyone with tix or intending to rock up at the gates.
About to leave motel to heade for stadium now WOB, it certainly cool, but if it too cold for anyonr=e they are just pussies!! ;) :D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bundee Aki presenting an 11 jersey to acknowledge Sean Wainui wasn't that unexpected but his widow & kids coming on to accept it is unprecedented AFAIK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.