• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland NZ Tour 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure what this repeated quick(ish) tap strategy is from Ireland, but if they are serious about pursuing it they should've had a word to Barnes about the Maori ABs throwing the ball away at every penalty

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd like teams to start taking more taps instead of potentially grinding things to a crawl with scrums resets and penalties. Also, bring back the wall. I'm sure coaches like Schmidt could produce some NFL level painfully precise moves off them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bundee Aki presenting an 11 jersey to acknowledge Sean Wainui wasn't that unexpected but his widow & kids coming on to accept it is unprecedented AFAIK.

Was a nice touch, same as Maori never moved from their Haka formation until her and kids had stepped over sideline as she laft the field with it..
Just got back, enjoyed game, second half got scrappy as buggery with subs etc.
Irish had a very solid organised defence at set piece, but seemed to struggle to realign an phase ball, seemingly more on left wing. Was reasonably cool but not bad weather otherwise.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL Flapanara subs on and the MAB's 1st half steady points accumulation very abruptly stops at 32.

Zero 2nd half pts
Really hope we get to see a lot more of Suafoa for the Blues next season.
Blues HAVE to keep Cameron Suafoa. If it's a squad contractual choice betwen him and Pat Tuipulotu then enjoy the green tea and snot soup, Paper Tiger Patricia.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ire's offside line was pretty bizarre. They just seemed offside almost every play. Wayne-o pinged them plenty but it seemed like he couldve whistled them off the park.

Hope IWL gets a peek at the AB setup. If Vaai and Lord can then whyFT not. He is a munter.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have to admit the MAB did better than I thought, although it was second string Irish team, I thought they may have given the MAB scrum etc more of a hard time. more

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
This is going to be a long fucking tour for Ireland I think.
Think so. But if they can jag one test win against mastercoach Fozzie it will be an <ahem> deposit in belief.

Just can't see them winning two. Not after seeing Skelton bullying some of their blokes...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB naming at midday our time.

Edit: Hurld now saying 11:30 & that Mark Telea has been added to the squad as replacement for Will Jordan who'll likely miss T2 as well as 1.

Last edited:

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Grace should be in the ABs again very soon and Zarn's game I think is more suited to test rugby than Super I think so it should be a matter of time for him.

Eye catching stuff from the likes of Suafoa, Norris and IWL too.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
This is going to be a long fucking tour for Ireland I think.
Only thing I am taking from the match is we lost Healy, otherwise no one put there hand up for a spot in the test side. Did not use the whole bench, one player who did come on had only got off the plane the day before.

Thought Barnes reffing of the breakdown was a disgrace, both side never received anything for players holding onto the ball on the ground.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FWdQc8qUUAAl925.jpeg.jpg

6. ScoBar
23. Ennor

@Dismal Pillock is gunna go postal...

Last edited:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
It does my head in how conservative this coaching group is. The same rubbish that had them playing Jordie on the wing in 2020.
Well having Joe step in for help is only going to make it more conservative, great coach but not for the style your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.