• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting selections indeed, I have no immediate link with Stannies opens but 10 Auggies to 2 Stannies seems a little concerning, How about 8 Kinross reps to the 7 from Stannies across the three teams. No doubt the selection process was transparent and based entirely on merit as it should be but have to agree with catch and pass the No 1 oval at Stannies will definitely be the place to be at 2.15pm this afternoon. Oh by the way what's that saying A champion team !!! Ric Ric

pilfer80

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yool Yool must feel a little disappointed not to have made an appearance on the ISA 1's starting team sheet. Very talent with ball in hand.

Noticed a handful of Pius boys in the ISA 2's team. Congratulations to them - must be playing the house down. Can someone please fill me in about how these Pius boys are traveling this season? (haven't had the chance to catch their games this season due to the 'infamous' split round merry-go-round #kickgregs)

Also a little dumbfounded by Pats captain Conor O'Brien's selection in the ISA 3's (on the bench!!!). One of Pats best in the past 2 years. Absolute pest and the breakdown and tackling machine - the cream always rises to the top eventually.

Just my 'expert opinion' as a 'stay-at-home off-the-couch' selector :)

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Yool Yool must feel a little disappointed not to have made an appearance on the ISA 1's starting team sheet. Very talent with ball in hand.

Noticed a handful of Pius boys in the ISA 2's team. Congratulations to them - must be playing the house down. Can someone please fill me in about how these Pius boys are traveling this season? (haven't had the chance to catch their games this season due to the 'infamous' split round merry-go-round #kickgregs)

Also a little dumbfounded by Pats captain Conor O'Brien's selection in the ISA 3's (on the bench!!!). One of Pats best in the past 2 years. Absolute pest and the breakdown and tackling machine - the cream always rises to the top eventually.

Just my 'expert opinion' as a 'stay-at-home off-the-couch' selector :)
@pilfer80
YY has been playing at 10. Out of position- if he was at 15 for Stannies he'd probably be in ISA 1.

Pickngo44

Bob McCowan (2)
St Pats 16 def Kinross 13 in Orange.

St Pats kicked a penalty on the bell to break the dead lock, Kinross missed two chances to go ahead late in the match. Good work St Pats first win of the season, well deserved.

Good luck to all the boys playing for ISA tomorrow.

I must say that the breakdown of players per school in the ISA rep teams is perplexing. Results today only strengthen this. 3 St Pats players (2 bench for 3s) against 8 from Kinross. 5 players from St Pius who lost to Oakhill 2nds and Oakhill only have 4 players!! Unbelievable! Then don't get me started on the St Augustines/Stannies ratio. Whilst all the players selected no doubt have talent, I can't help the teams picked could be a fair bit stronger.

DinkyDieDingo

Bob McCowan (2)
St Pats 16 def Kinross 13 in Orange.

St Pats kicked a penalty on the bell to break the dead lock, Kinross missed two chances to go ahead late in the match. Good work St Pats first win of the season, well deserved.

Good luck to all the boys playing for ISA tomorrow.

I must say that the breakdown of players per school in the ISA rep teams is perplexing. Results today only strengthen this. 3 St Pats players (2 bench for 3s) against 8 from Kinross. 5 players from St Pius who lost to Oakhill 2nds and Oakhill only have 4 players!! Unbelievable! Then don't get me started on the St Augustines/Stannies ratio. Whilst all the players selected no doubt have talent, I can't help the teams picked could be a fair bit stronger.

I, too, find it perplexing that Pius has far more players than Pats (3 players) and Oakhill (4 plyers) across the board for the ISA I, II, and III teams. This comes from considering that their 1st XV are competing in the 2nd XV competition, which, if these 6 players are selected on their performance in this competition, it is not truly representative. Politics anyone?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
A St Augustines coach may want to take a chill pill inferring that a ref is cheating is way out of line and should not be tolerated. The ref in question has over 30 years of rugby experience as a player administrator and referee and has the respect of all his peers. We all know that sometimes it feels as though the calls don't go our way but we should never resort to that.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
ISA supporters might be interested in attending the SACS Bledisloe Cup lunch on 18 August. This annual event is the primary fundraiser of the SACS Rugby Committee and proceeds are used solely to provide additional resources for the SACS rugby program.

The flyer for the event is attached and the link below will take you direct to the ticket sales. Feel free to share with anyone you think might be interested. Perhaps you can twist your boss' arm to fund a table...

See you there!

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/bledisloe-cup-lunch-with-phil-kearns-tickets-33642744354?aff=eac2

Attachments

• SACS Flyer.pdf
    143.2 KB · Views: 225

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
A St Augustines coach may want to take a chill pill inferring that a ref is cheating is way out of line and should not be tolerated. The ref in question has over 30 years of rugby experience as a player administrator and referee and has the respect of all his peers. We all know that sometimes it feels as though the calls don't go our way but we should never resort to that.
He certainly isn't the first to come away from Bathurst licking his wounds at dubious decisions.......

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
It seems that Augs is the place to be if you want rep selection. Last year they had 9 selected in nsw u16s squad despite losing 2 of 3 matches at the trials weekend. Perplexing.

rahrahrevival

Frank Row (1)
The extraordinary powers of Bathurst referees is sadly a common topic regardless of opposition. It's incredible to think that their powers now include "inferencing".

I suggest a general bye in 2018 so we can all get up there to enjoy this fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.