• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Mikal Jordan

Stan Wickham (3)
Last years Pius forward pack consisted of 6 year 11s and 10s, meaning only two new forwards are required. If all stay healthy their forwards could put up a strong fight along with some pace in the backs
you're not wrong, however the 2 forwards they lost had a massive impact on that team, with 1 of them being the captain of that squad and the other being the other prop.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
ISA action this weekend...

St. Pius X v St. Aloysius on Friday afternoon/evening
Oakhill v Barker on Saturday

Is anyone else playing?

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)

Is anyone else playing?
Yes saint augs up against st eddies this Saturday. I'm quite keen to see the result of this because saints are coming off the back of a win against Daramalan 36-0 in the 1st and 50 odd points to 0 in the seconds, and thats without many of the injured players and unavailable players so depending on the result of this game i think saints will have a cracker of a season when all of the players are playing but they are definitely beatable but like i've said in the past it all comes down to who wants it on the day.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)

Is anyone else playing?
Oaks Barker will be a cracker to watch, with Barker only being a shadow of their team last year it should be a good first hit out for the boys from Castle Hill this weekend. Barker do have pre-season edge though so i'll tip them to win.

Intel over from the CAS forum is that Aloys have a fair bit of depth this year with 80 registered players. Should be a good game although i'll tip Pius to win based on their experienced forward pack and most likely have had more pre-season training then Aloys.

Auggies Eddies will be a good game. I don't truly know how good Auggies are so we'll have to wait and see, could swing either way.

I hear St Gregs and a couple other schools a placing a combined team to play Joeys 1st XV? I'm pretty sure it's our St Gregs team although correct me if i'm wrong, saw it on AAGPS forum. Joeys to win.

Pats? Stannies? Kinross?

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes saint augs up against st eddies this Saturday. I'm quite keen to see the result of this because saints are coming off the back of a win against Daramalan 36-0 in the 1st and 50 odd points to 0 in the seconds, and thats without many of the injured players and unavailable players so depending on the result of this game i think saints will have a cracker of a season when all of the players are playing but they are definitely beatable but like i've said in the past it all comes down to who wants it on the day.
Is that down there or up here?

Aurelius Calterworld

Frank Row (1)
A word from St Aloysius pre-season, boys have been training with Waratah-level players (unable to be disclosed), gaining experience in the forward pack, mostly scrumming and performing highly technical lineouts to transition cohesively into set piece. Due to this, I can only profess that this forum is highly misled regarding the commitment to pre-season that Aloysius is brandishing this season, I've been told through the community that their motto is "strike first, strike hard, no mercy" will be interesting to see the event of Oxford Falls at 3:15.

In all honesty, men of the boots and ball, I would not be surprised if the Pius first XV coach began convulsing, cowering as the manifestation of masculinity graced the field of Oxford Falls. Furthermore, many of the boys have attempted to regain the lost glory of St. Aloysius, looking up figures of the past first XVs as inspiration to fuel their cause. This has become personal for the boys of Aloysius, they will right the wrongs of the past, claiming that "It's about drive, it's about power, we stay hungry, we devour, put in the work, put in the hours, and take what's ours."

First XV reports have eluded to the fact that Aloysian have been adopting an unwavering gym culture. Although this is only a prediction the numbers that Aloysians are producing in the gym seem unearthly, boys have been throwing around 180kg bench presses like child’s play whilst supposedly chugging redbulls between sets.

Prop out.

Last edited:

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
A word from St Aloysius pre-season, boys have been training with Waratah-level players (unable to be disclosed), gaining experience in the forward pack, mostly scrumming and performing highly technical lineouts to transition cohesively into set piece. Due to this, I can only profess that this forum is highly misled regarding the commitment to pre-season that Aloysius is brandishing this season, I've been told through the community that their motto is "strike first, strike hard, no mercy" will be interesting to see the event of Oxford Falls at 3:15.

In all honesty, men of the boots and ball, I would not be surprised if the Pius first XV coach began convulsing, cowering as the manifestation of masculinity graced the field of Oxford Falls. Furthermore, many of the boys have attempted to regain the lost glory of St. Aloysius, looking up figures of the past first XVs as inspiration to fuel their cause. This has become personal for the boys of Aloysius, they will right the wrongs of the past, claiming that "It's about drive, it's about power, we stay hungry, we devour, put in the work, put in the hours, and take what's ours."

Prop out.
After that talk up it should be St Aloysius by 40.
Better have the Humble pie on standby.
I think the Barker vs Oakhill game will be the one to watch. Much better talent playing there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

First XV reports have eluded to the fact that Aloysian have been adopting an unwavering gym culture. Although this is only a prediction the numbers that Aloysians are producing in the gym seem unearthly, boys have been throwing around 180kg bench presses like child’s play whilst supposedly chugging redbulls between sets.

Prop out.
Can’t lose something you never had

PropLivesMatter

Frank Row (1)

Prop out.
Hey Propsarenot fat, I couldn't agree more... I was taking a nice stroll around the Willoughby area when I heard a fierce and terrifying war cry that struck fear into my heart. Thinking some foreign country had finally reached our shores I rushed over to tynside ave and couldn't believe my eyes. As an ex-waverley boy myself I was struck speechless for a second, but as I regathered my thoughts I looked down onto the field and saw a large group of men (young adults) playing some of the most spectalur rugby union that I have ever seen. The Aloysius boys at their finest. I never minded playing pius back in the day so I wish the best of luck to them.

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
DaSchmooze, I'll be able to cover Oakhill this year for the forum. My boy played with Hanks last year. Oaks had a preseason trial last Saturday against Canberra Grammar. 3 x 30m thirds. They had 6 of the 1st XV boys out. Oaks looked great in the first third. Good forward play and some very nice backs movement. Ran in 3 tries during this period. 2nd and 3rd quarters a little more even as they trialled and swapped lots of players to give them game time. I think there are 11 returning 1st XV from the 23 man squad of last year. The age group below over the years has been strong with a good mix trialling for 1st XV spots. 2nd XV last year was strong as well, so it will be interesting to see how the 1st XV team evolves this year. Barker this week at home should be interesting. We have a couple of boys still not available but should be a good match.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
DaSchmooze, I'll be able to cover Oakhill this year for the forum. My boy played with Hanks last year. Oaks had a preseason trial last Saturday against Canberra Grammar. 3 x 30m thirds. They had 6 of the 1st XV boys out. Oaks looked great in the first third. Good forward play and some very nice backs movement. Ran in 3 tries during this period. 2nd and 3rd quarters a little more even as they trialled and swapped lots of players to give them game time. I think there are 11 returning 1st XV from the 23 man squad of last year. The age group below over the years has been strong with a good mix trialling for 1st XV spots. 2nd XV last year was strong as well, so it will be interesting to see how the 1st XV team evolves this year. Barker this week at home should be interesting. We have a couple of boys still not available but should be a good match.
That's great news TBR. Thanks for putting your hand up there.

I'll be doing a preseason table for all ISA teams but given the 3/3rds nature of that fixture, I may leave that off.

Aurelius Calterworld

Frank Row (1)
Morning gentlemen,
been scrolling through the SMH and am feeling conflicted regarding the dispute between Rugby Australia and the NRL. Specifically, regarding Joseph Sua'ali'i do you boys think he is entitled to an origin jumper?

Attached is the link:

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Morning gentlemen,
been scrolling through the SMH and am feeling conflicted regarding the dispute between Rugby Australia and the NRL. Specifically, regarding Joseph Sua'ali'i do you boys think he is entitled to an origin jumper?

Attached is the link:
Problem is there is 4-5 players ahead of Sualili, He would need a few players to be injured to get a Origin jersey.

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
Pick the best available player to make the best available team.
I dont think his form warrants State of Origin . Gus is all sour grapes because NRL lost this one.
I think RA should have put the money into development and retaining junior players.
RA should have a much better long term plan. One big spend will not fix the problem.

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)

Chatting with some Oakhill parents on the weekend and unlike most of the other CAS, GPS and ISA schools (with obvious exception of Joeys) rugby seems to be booming at Oakhill. Think they mentioned that the U14 had enough trialing to make 6 teams. Presume the problem Oakhill has is finding games each week for all those teams?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Chatting with some Oakhill parents on the weekend and unlike most of the other CAS, GPS and ISA schools (with obvious exception of Joeys) rugby seems to be booming at Oakhill. Think they mentioned that the U14 had enough trialing to make 6 teams. Presume the problem Oakhill has is finding games each week for all those teams?
Shore is having a bit of a resurgence with 28 rugby teams again this year. Seems to be all the school talks about in winter from this parent's experience.