• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats will be playing Trinity this weekend for Green and Black. From memory, Trinity won the shield last year so I can imagine Pats will be out to take it back.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Updated matches:
Pius v Aloys
Oakhill v Barker
Greg's v Joeys 3rds
Pats v Trinity
Auggies v St. Edmunds

Last edited:

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yes saint augs up against st eddies this Saturday. I'm quite keen to see the result of this because saints are coming off the back of a win against Daramalan 36-0 in the 1st and 50 odd points to 0 in the seconds, and thats without many of the injured players and unavailable players so depending on the result of this game i think saints will have a cracker of a season when all of the players are playing but they are definitely beatable but like i've said in the past it all comes down to who wants it on the day.
Auggies vs St Edmunds as well Schmooze.

Anyone have any intel on the country boys this week (Kinross and Stannies)?

Predicted Saint Augustine's 3rd XV team (great lineup):
1. Luke Cambourn
2. Jesse Galluzzo
3. Simon Taylor
4. Axel Leonard (c)
5. Jeremy Spelain (vc)
Ps. Very Tight combo in the 2 row
6. Coops Fenn
7. Nick Clancy
8. Jono Stocks
9. Spookiest Arch
10. Joey Walsh (coming back from injury)
11. Cooper Huggins
12. Hugh Brogden
13. Xander Orgorman AKA. Pitch Invader
14. BrickMillan
15. Tiny Tylan (newbie)(AFL convert Turned Rugby Prospect)

JuiceHamilton

Frank Row (1)
Pats 29 - 0 Trinity

Woods with two of the Pats tries and looked dangerous with every touch. Conti's vision and kicking game was also on display.

Trinity's discipline let them down and let Pats off the hook on a couple of occasions. I would give Trinity the advantage in the forwards for most of the game (through the middle and in the scrum), but they didn't use it. Having said that, 2 and 8 for Pats deserve a mention for some strong runs, they looked to be marshalling and inspiring the pack.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats 29 - 0 Trinity

Woods with two of the Pats tries and looked dangerous with every touch. Conti's vision and kicking game was also on display.

Trinity's discipline let them down and let Pats off the hook on a couple of occasions. I would give Trinity the advantage in the forwards for most of the game (through the middle and in the scrum), but they didn't use it. Having said that, 2 and 8 for Pats deserve a mention for some strong runs, they looked to be marshalling and inspiring the pack.
Thanks for that JH

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Updated matches:
Pius v Aloys
Oakhill v Barker
Greg's v Joeys 3rds
Pats v Trinity
Auggies v St. Edmunds
ISA Trial Results 1-4-23:

Pats def Trinity 29-0
Barker def Oakhill 42-7
Gregs def Joeys 3rds 31 -17 (given the sason Gregs had last year that's a great start for them)
Auggies def Eddies 12-5
Pius def Aloys 19-7

Last edited:

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)

Pats def Trinity 29-0
Barker def Oakhill (dont have exact scores just yet but head it was 6 tries to 1)
Gregs def Joeys 3rds 31 - 17 (given the sason Gregs had last year that's a great start for them)
Auggies v Eddies
Pius v Aloys

If anyone has updated info on any of the above, please post it up and I'll edit this post accordingly
Auggies v Eddies was a cracking game I heard resulting in the auggies winning 12-5 was a hard fought victory.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)

Pats def Trinity 29-0
Barker def Oakhill 42-7
Gregs def Joeys 3rds 31 -17 (given the sason Gregs had last year that's a great start for them)
Auggies def Eddies 12-5
Pius def Aloys 19-7
Pats over Trinity by almost 30 was very promising. Woods was all class as always and Conti's kicking game was professional-like. The ISA teams are going to have to play very smart to beat these two. I had high hopes for Trinity going into the season but from what I saw on the yesterday was very underwhelming. Hopefully they can bounce back.

Geez, that's a wake up call for Oakhill. I didn't expect Barker to beat them by that much, maybe a few players were out? News on CAS forum is that the forward pack was very solid for Barker.

Very good result for Gregs over Joeys 3rds considering last years efforts, hopefully they can push Oaks, Pats and Auggies in the games this year.

Good win by Auggies. Eddies are always one of, if not the best team in Canberra and getting a win over them with a few boys out due to league and injury is very impressive.

Pius over Aloys is kind of what I expected, Aloys showing a fight though has some hope in it for themselves in the CAS comp. Pius have an experienced 1sts forward pack.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Should be a very competitive competition this year. Saw the team list for Oakhill and a few very good players missing ( don’t know why.) Really good to see some solid results from the ISA teams in general though

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Pats over Trinity by almost 30 was very promising. Woods was all class as always and Conti's kicking game was professional-like. The ISA teams are going to have to play very smart to beat these two. I had high hopes for Trinity going into the season but from what I saw on the yesterday was very underwhelming. Hopefully they can bounce back.

Geez, that's a wake up call for Oakhill. I didn't expect Barker to beat them by that much, maybe a few players were out? News on CAS forum is that the forward pack was very solid for Barker.

Very good result for Gregs over Joeys 3rds considering last years efforts, hopefully they can push Oaks, Pats and Auggies in the games this year.

Good win by Auggies. Eddies are always one of, if not the best team in Canberra and getting a win over them with a few boys out due to league and injury is very impressive.

Pius over Aloys is kind of what I expected, Aloys showing a fight though has some hope in it for themselves in the CAS comp. Pius have an experienced 1sts forward pack.
The first game a season does not make so happy for all teams to get a leave pass for underperfromancre as much as I'd be putting the Champagne bottles away for a win. Having said that, given that there would have already been a signifiant amount of work done by Pats in preparation for their Japan tour, that result from them should have been expected.

But you're right - even missing a few key players, I would have thought it would have been a closer game for Oakhill v Barker.

@Thomas B Rugbyboot - did you happen to catch or hear the other results from the other grades? Keen to hear how Oakhill went across the board.

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill V Barker 1st XV. As Hank mentioned interesting Oakhill 1st XV. 8 x 1st XV starting debutants. That being said, Barker 1st XV were bigger and stronger than last year. They looked a better overall Team than the 2022 team which was very strong. They we very good all across the paddock. They came out and set a standard of physicality, frustrating Oakhill into many ball handling mistakes and they capitalised. Scrum led by there front row was very strong. Backline from 9 - 15 looked very well drilled. Oakhill had promising moments only to be let down by handling errors. They will be better off for the run and when players return. Haven't seen the summary of all the games, however 2nds XV 13-12 to Barker. Penalty goal in the last minutes. 3rd XV to Oakhill 26-0. Don't know scores for 16A's, 15A's but wins to Oakhill. Will post more results when they come to hand.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Oakhill That being said, Barker 1st XV were bigger and stronger than last year. They looked a better overall Team than the 2022 team which was very strong.

Barker is a massive step down from their 2022 team. 13 NSW representatives. 5 Aussie Schoolboy level players. I think you will find that Oakhill has just taken a step back this year, or at the very least the team they fielded this weekend was a step down from last years team.

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
Watched the Barker vs Oaks game.
Barker just to physical in the forwards for Oakhill. They looked a well drilled team.
Oakhills 9 and 10 worked well together and did look like they will have a good sesason provided they get some bigger forwards. The outside backs struggled with handling in the wet
A parent told me 5 Forwards are missing and 2 Backs not playing at present. If this is the case Oakhill will be a better team than the one that played Saturday.
Barker just to good for Oakhill. 8, 12, 15 From Barker all standouts .

StevenMcDermott

Frank Row (1)
I attended the St Pats vs Trinity fixture on the weekend, St Pats looked to start the season strong with commendable efforts from both Woods and Conti who look to continue their form from last year. The young playmaking partnership allowed for their 12 (who I heard has been playing fullback for St George SG Ball) to create space and opportunities for Pats.

Furthermore, Trinity's 8 (Gen Blue 2022) and 9 (NSW Schoolboy 2022) were standouts, with the backrower bending the Pats defensive fortress throughout the 70 and the 9’s in game kicking leaving the St Pats number 11 in all sorts of discomfort under the high ball. I look forward to seeing how both teams progress over the next season, especially with St Pats’ tour of Japan commencing in the upcoming school holidays.