• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

pekingduck

Bob McCowan (2)
Looks like Steve Driscoll and Dick Smith are Stannies parents pushing for a certain 9/10 pairing in the ISA 1sts. You are clearly one of the same person. Obviously did not watch the Oakhill vs Auggies game as the 9 was classy. The St Pats 10 is a superstar as well.

The selectors don't watch this blog..
Interesting to see when the ISA 1st team list come out...you may be very disappointed Steve Driscoll.

Dick Smith

Frank Row (1)
Referee standards and bias at stannies has been a problem forever, have a squiz at the refs and the links to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, when you say bias? What specifically do you refer too? Im unaware, but don't Stannies aswell as all other schools source referees from outside?
It just seems that the boys in the west cop it in regard to refereeing whenever there is a loss. Perhaps that is why Kinross have had such a poor season? They get reffed out of the game every week.
Im just sick of hearing about how poor refereeing is.
Referees do not win games.
Hard work and better teams win games.

Dick Smith

Frank Row (1)
Looks like Steve Driscoll and Dick Smith are Stannies parents pushing for a certain 9/10 pairing in the ISA 1sts. You are clearly one of the same person. Obviously did not watch the Oakhill vs Auggies game as the 9 was classy. The St Pats 10 is a superstar as well.

The selectors don't watch this blog..
Interesting to see when the ISA 1st team list come out.you may be very disappointed Steve Driscoll.

I believe that the best players will fill the best positions in the side. Yes I'm a Stannies parent and I'm just sharing my opinion. Whether its crap or not, you decide.
And what are the teams? Please elaborate?

Outsideback21

Bob McCowan (2)
The selectors do not watch blogs, but they do watch games. Watching the SSC v SPC game it was clear that the number 10 had tremendous talent but an attitude to match, constantly abusing the referee to the point where I'm surprised he didon't get a red. I think we all need to get past refeering, a team can always blame others for their loss, instead of accepting the fact that they lost fair and square

Stephen Moore

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed entirely. Douhelni?
Star player and without a doubt the best 5/8 in the comp hence why he made ISA 1's.
If we chose team based on attitudes I don't think they would compete awfully well. Half of the Super Rugby competition wouldn't be there.
And I can see a correlation between Dicko and Stevie! Well picked detective Peking Duck! Haha I love it, the way they bounced off each other!

pekingduck

Bob McCowan (2)
Making assumptions about players when you not there to watch the game is simply trying to bring down players who may take your sons spot. Its pretty obvious. Whilst I did not watch the St Pats game I am hesitant to say he did not abuse the ref but how could you hear what he said from the sideline? Clearly he did not get a red card from the ref so therefore he did not cross the line. I know when Oakhill played St Pats all the boys were tough but respectfull, saw no bad behaviour from any of the boys. The referee was very even and perhaps because of this there was no niggle. Think why there are problems in Bathurst games.

pekingduck

Bob McCowan (2)
Douehi?? is the best 10 in the game for ISA... agree totally. He deserves his spot. I love that tough uncompromising attitude on the field. If the refereee is doing his job the players wont notice him.

Outsideback21

Bob McCowan (2)
Having watched from the sideline I can attest to the 10s behaviour. He was called over by the referee multiple times and actually got a yellow after the game. And refereeing was extremely decent Id say, with the penalty count being even, as stannies were penalised many times. Referee nonsense is getting a bit out of hand Id say and if im not mistake. Isn't it against forum guidelines?

pekingduck

Bob McCowan (2)
The centres in ISA 1sts are covered by the very talented Auggies pair...well deserved. I don't have the complete list yet.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm always surprised by the frequency and confidence with which some posters assert that selectors do not read blogs. Selectors tend to be rugby tragics and nowhere caters to rugby tragics better than this site. I suspect that selectors are not influenced much by what Mr X thinks about Mr X's son, but its a fair bet that many do keep up to speed with match reports and observations made by those who have over time built up some credibility as knowledgeable and objective observers of school boy rugby.

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
Halfway point in the season and credit to Stannies for really giving the comp a good shake up and bucking the trend of the ISA been a two horse race. Can't help but think they will have their work cut out for them in the 2nd half having had a favourable draw up front. Playing both Oakhill and Auggies in Sydney is a huge challenge, throw in St Pats in Sydney in the final round it doesn't get any easier. If Stannies can knock over Oakhill and Auggies especially, coming over the mountains they will be deserving winners. But as I'm sure many will agree with me in saying that Stannies away from Bathurst is a different prospect all together.

In regard to Doueihi, he is an immensely talented player and is incredibly competitive which makes for an awesome player, which he is. Can't comment on what happened at the end of the game on Saturday and abusing the ref is never remotely acceptable, regrettably its a young fella wearing his heart on his sleeve. Hopefully he will be able to learn from this experience and channel this passion into his already aggressive and formidable play.

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
Having watched from the sideline I can attest to the 10s behaviour. He was called over by the referee multiple times and actually got a yellow after the game. And refereeing was extremely decent Id say, with the penalty count being even, as stannies were penalised many times. Referee nonsense is getting a bit out of hand Id say and if im not mistake. Isn't it against forum guidelines?

Can't say that I agree with the penalty count even been remotely even, but that's not necessarily and in this case a reflection on the ref. St Pats discipline was poor and it cost them a chance of winning the game.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Really not enjoying seeing the Stannies faithful put down Pats 10 (Doueihi). Only reason I can think of them wanting to have a crack at this kids is so their No 10 (Harding? Who I believe is on pathways?) has the best chance of making ISA 1s and higher honours. Having watched him once this year it will be a struggle for any 10 in the ISA to make it over him as Doueihi by the sounds of things is the best 10 if not player in the ISA.
In regards to the refs in my opinion they often are not up to the standard of Sydney refs simply for the fact that there are less refs in the area and less coaching/funding etc coming from the association thus not really the refs fault and why the games are often vastly different in Sydney.

Tractor

Bob McCowan (2)
Apologies Mr Jarse - fair call.
I'm sure appropriate channels will be used to air what are perceived to be legitimate grievances....

nothismum

Frank Nicholson (4)
Watching Auggies vs Oakhill not sure what game you watched Steve Driscoll but Auggies clearly dominated the scrum and lineouts. Might be the reason most of the forwards from Auggies made the ISA 1sts. And the no. 8 as well. I do agree most of the bagging of the 10 comes from parents pushing for the Stannies pairing. Unfortunately Hardy has been placed in the 2nds from what i hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.