• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Did ISA Training go ahead yesterday?

It would have had to be skills in the gym and admin only.

Drive to and from BMGS would have been challenging.

Any snouts or proud parents have an ISA team list?

As usual HJ you are on the money - I heard training did go ahead (the road up to the Mountains unaffected by flooding and not too many trees down at that stage) and skills in the gym and other indoor activities is exactly what they did apparently.

No complete team lists yet but I heard there is an Opens 1, 2, and 3/4 combined. Maybe you can explain about the 3/4 combined but I am guessing a team to play in Div 2 or 3 at the NSW comp?
Plus of course U16s.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Apologies Mr Jarse - fair call.
I'm sure appropriate channels will be used to air what are perceived to be legitimate grievances..

I expect these channels can be found on other rugby websites where they allow, or even encourage, the discussion of referee bias, the behaviour of parents, fighting or other foul behaviour during the game, criticism of schools and/or their staff, the poor performance of a 16 year-old trying his best, etcetera etcetera.

But those channels can't be found in this site: we prefer to outlaw such discussion and we don't give a damn if you are 100% correct.

Why - these topics inflame people and they infect the forums.

Even reasonable posts will be zapped because our experience is that responses to them won't be.

Please use the Report facility to flag us about any transgressions.

Thank you all.

B

Backlinemoves

As far as i know (from a reliable source) the ISA 1st XV backline looks like:
9. Chip (oak)
10. Douehi (pats)
11. Kinross boy?
12. Zubak (pats)
13. Hopoate (augs)
14. Veitch (stannies)
15.?
Sorry that this isn't much help, but it's all i know.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
A couple of comments if I may.

The #10 for pats, Douehi, is quality. However i understand he is connected with Wests Tigers so what he does beyond ISA will be interesting (special note to NSWRU - please see what you can do to keep him in our game!). What hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that against oaks he kicked a 55m penalty goal - pretty clever I must say.

Does anybody know the ISA team make ups? Thanks @backlinemoves for the backs info of ISA 1st XV. I'd love to see the ISA really give it to the other associations. I do believe the ISA comp is much under rated.

A big congrats to all the captains this year. From what I've seen they have all lead their teams with maturity and treated the guys with the whistle with the utmost of respect.

In recent years I've seen a number of quality players come through the ISA. I see D.Donato is playing 1st colts at beasties. Would be interested to know what other ISA alumni are up to. Does anybody know where L.Lough (auggies old boy) is playing these days?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Luke Lough is playing with Sydney Uni Colts.

ISA have had a couple of good years recently.

Some recent ISA graduates doing well are:
J Lough - Has started a couple of games for Gordon 1st Grade this year, NH Rays NRC Development squad last year.
N Yeomans - Played NSW U20 Gen Blue this year.
D Moore - NSW Gen Blue U20, Some Sydney Uni 1st Grade last year and Sydney Stars NRC.
Cody Walker - playing 2nd Grade and some 1st Grade with the Beasties
Harry Goddard - NSW Gen Blue U20, Some Bench for Randwick 1st Grade and some 2nd Grade starts.

Check out the Which Clubs are the Class of 2014 going to, and Which Clubs are the Class of 2015 going to threads for a bit more info on the ISA players who made NSW Schools or Combined States teams.

Stephen Moore

Bob McCowan (2)
Really not enjoying seeing the Stannies faithful put down Pats 10 (Doueihi). Only reason I can think of them wanting to have a crack at this kids is so their No 10 (Harding? Who I believe is on pathways?) has the best chance of making ISA 1s and higher honours. Having watched him once this year it will be a struggle for any 10 in the ISA to make it over him as Doueihi by the sounds of things is the best 10 if not player in the ISA.
In regards to the refs in my opinion they often are not up to the standard of Sydney refs simply for the fact that there are less refs in the area and less coaching/funding etc coming from the association thus not really the refs fault and why the games are often vastly different in Sydney.

[/quote]
Not to comment on bias or anything of such, but shouldn't refereeing be consistent across the board, it should be consistent around the world. Let alone over the mountains. Perhaps if Stannies and other western schools KWS don't have the funding and coaching for referees, they should play in a Western Comp as i believe they used too.
Obviously sarcasm, as at the end of the day, the scoreboard reflects a result between two teams. There is no disputing results, and at the end of the day the game comes down to two numbers. And the larger one being given a win.
All this other non football riff raff, is killing our forum and the moment parents and bias get involved. Is the moment that we lose what should be about the game we all love.
That is all. (feel free to private message each other if you would like to make personal attacks on each other).
Out.

Footyhead69

Frank Row (1)
The number 10. for St Pats Ryan Crosbie goes unmentioned most weeks had a stellar game against Oxley last week scoring a double and kicking 3/3 from penalties! ill tell you what Adam Douhie better watch out cause the St Pats number 10 Ryan Crosbie is coming for him

Footyhead69

Frank Row (1)
ISA-Logo.png

Apart from end of season 2015 reviews, and comment on the ISA Div 2 Finals matches, which still should be on the ISA 2015 thread, it is time to move on to next season.

Who will be back for 2016 ISA Opens Teams?

Very few Rep players will be returning, and almost none of the 1st XV.

I've probably got a few of these wrong, but will revise the list as people post corrections below.

2016 Not At School
2015 ISA 1st XV
1. Cody WALKER, Kinross Wolaroi School
2. Jack NETTLETON, St. Augustine's College
3. Will McRAE, St. Augustine's College
4. Bailey DALTON, St. Augustine's College
5. Liam ROBSON, Oakhill College
6. James DONATO, St. Stanislaus' College
7. Lachlan ANDERSON, Oakhill College
9. Harrison GODDARD, Oakhill College
10. Joshua HARDY, St. Stanislaus' College
12. Luke LOUGH, St. Augustine's College
13. Jaidyn MA'AFU, St. Augustine's College
14. Harrison O'TOOLE, St. Augustine's College
15. Jakobi ROBSON, Kinross Wolaroi School
2015 ISA 2nd XV
2. Sam THOMAS, St. Stanislaus' College
3. Andrew GRAHAM, Oakhill CoJlege
6. Zac VON APPEN, St. Augustine's College
7. Ryan CHELVERAJAH, Oakhill College
8. Tony RUMORE, St. Patrick's College
9. Joshua OXLEY, St. Stanislaus' College
13. Ethan BOSTOCK, Oakhill College
15. Fraser TOOHEY, St. Pius X College
20. Ben MURPHY, St. Pius X College
21. Ben BATE, St. Augustine's College

2016 "Incumbents"
2015 ISA 2nd XV
8. Mila HINGANO, St. Augustine's College
11. Jack VEITCH, St. Stanislaus' College

2016 Status To Be Confirmed
2015 ISA 2nd XV
1. Eddie AFU, St. Augustine's College
4. Joe YEOMANS, Kinross Wolaroi School
5. Darcy CHRISTIE-JOHNSON, St. Stanislaus' College
10. Jack ONGASIO, St. Augustine's College
11. Joshua ZUBAK, St. Patrick's College
12. Zac CAMPTON, Oakhill College
14. Sam DELORES, Oakhill College
16. Charlie COOPER, Kinross Wolaroi School
17. Andrew MANAIA, St. Stanislaus' College
18. Tom CUMMINS, Kinross Wolaroi School
19. Drew DENFORD, St. Patrick's College
22. Barton PICONE, Oakhill College
23. Sam WATKINS, Oakhill College

There is a fairly strong cohort of 2015 Under 16 players coming through that will be looking for ISA Rep jumpers. Which of these young folk will be making an impression in 1st XV Rugby in 2016?

2015 ISA U16's vs CHS U16's
1. Cameron PRINCE, St. Augustine's College
2. Peter HADLOW, Oakhill College
3. Jack BREWER, Oakhill College
4. Zac DeROOY, St. Augustine's College
5. Luke RATCLIFF, St. Augustine's College
6. Hunter WARD, St. Stanislaus' College
7. Bo ABRA, St. Stanislaus' College
8. Joshua THRUM, St. Pius X College
9. Nick TRENGROVE, St. Stanislaus' College
10. Ned BROCKMAN, Kinross Wolaroi School
11. Yool YOOL, St. Stanislaus' College
12. Dominic EASY, St. Pius X College
13. Riley ALCORN, St. Gregory's College
14. Jesse ALLEN, St. Augustine's College
15. Nick SMITH, St. Stanislaus' College

16. Joel THOMAS, St. Stanislaus' Coliege
17. Ryan BENTO, St. Pius X College
18. Lachlan MELVILLE, St. Stanislaus' College
19. Peter DONATO, St. Stanislaus' College
20. Willy MANU, St. Augustine's College
21. Gianlucca NATOLI, St. Augustine's College
22. Kyle DEVINE, St. Patrick's College
23. James SIDERY, St. Augustine's College

After talking to an old friend I can now confirm Tony Rumor has finished school and is studying Bio Mechanics at Sydney University and also Drew Denford is currently playing second grade mens for Parramatta and is studying Workshop Safety UWS Penrith Campus. Great to see the footy boys having a back up career but sadly the confirmation of Darcy Christie-Jenson has made the leap to AFL and has been offered multiple contracts from various teams. Its always sad to see our skilled players get snatched up by these higher paying sports.

After talking to an old friend I can now confirm Tony Rumor has finished school and is studying Bio Mechanics at Sydney University and also Drew Denford is currently playing second grade mens for Parramatta and is studying Workshop Safety UWS Penrith Campus. Great to see the footy boys having a back up career but sadly the confirmation of Darcy Christie-Jenson has made the leap to AFL and has been offered multiple contracts from various teams. Its always sad to see our skilled players get snatched up by these higher paying sports.

great info 69, love it

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Is James Basha still at school/still playing rugby?

If I remember correctly he was a part of the NSW u16 schools side in 2014.

schoolboyinsider

Frank Row (1)
Is James Basha still at school/still playing rugby?

If I remember correctly he was a part of the NSW u16 schools side in 2014.

You have a great memory Huly, James Bashir was in the NSW u16 Schools Side in 2014. He is currently completing Year 12 at St Patricks and playing looseface prop. Really struggling with form at the moment (running sideways, fumbling the ball, falling over his own feet, left shoe on the right foot, etc) but Im sure after a few more games he'll get back that hunger for the footy we all became accustomed to in 2014. I am led to believe he was selected in the ISA 2nd XV. Good to see that he's receiving equal treatment, his mother being the Govenor of this beauty state, Marie Bashir. Over and Out.

You have a great memory Huly, James Bashir was in the NSW u16 Schools Side in 2014. He is currently completing Year 12 at St Patricks and playing looseface prop. Really struggling with form at the moment (running sideways, fumbling the ball, falling over his own feet, left shoe on the right foot, etc) but Im sure after a few more games he'll get back that hunger for the footy we all became accustomed to in 2014. I am led to believe he was selected in the ISA 2nd XV. Good to see that he's receiving equal treatment, his mother being the Govenor of this beauty state, Marie Bashir. Over and Out.
the insider lives up to his name

Really not enjoying seeing the Stannies faithful put down Pats 10 (Doueihi). Only reason I can think of them wanting to have a crack at this kids is so their No 10 (Harding? Who I believe is on pathways?) has the best chance of making ISA 1s and higher honours. Having watched him once this year it will be a struggle for any 10 in the ISA to make it over him as Doueihi by the sounds of things is the best 10 if not player in the ISA.

very very true, good call from you rugbybloke

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

A schoolboy insider would probably have the ability to look at Wikipedia and find that the 85 year old Dame Marie Bashir has 3 children; her only son was born in 1959. She is not the Governor of NSW any more.
Her wonderful achievements merit more respect than the flippant comment above.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
Luke Lough is playing with Sydney Uni Colts.

ISA have had a couple of good years recently.

Some recent ISA graduates doing well are:
J Lough - Has started a couple of games for Gordon 1st Grade this year, NH Rays NRC Development squad last year.
N Yeomans - Played NSW U20 Gen Blue this year.
D Moore - NSW Gen Blue U20, Some Sydney Uni 1st Grade last year and Sydney Stars NRC.
Cody Walker - playing 2nd Grade and some 1st Grade with the Beasties
Harry Goddard - NSW Gen Blue U20, Some Bench for Randwick 1st Grade and some 2nd Grade starts.

Check out the Which Clubs are the Class of 2014 going to, and Which Clubs are the Class of 2015 going to threads for a bit more info on the ISA players who made NSW Schools or Combined States teams.

ned yeomans also made first grade debut this year for easts and currently playing outside centre for first colts, could also be a chance of coming off the bench against the mighty wicks in first grade this week

Status
Not open for further replies.