• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The hairdressers all secretly aspire to become one of the annointed few in The Cauliflower Club. Jack just seems to have done it early. Well done him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pierre Hola (ex Woodies #10) has also always had the build of a hooker but has never reached nirvana of the Front Row.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
really looking forward to oakhills visit to orange next month especially in the 14's and 16's where kws are chasing auggies hard for the isa premiership, lets just hope we can put on some better weather then what we have copped in the last few days as i'm not sure the boys from the hills would be able to handle it.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Jack Ongosia listed as starting NSW I's hooker.

I think from memory he played as a hooker throughout the juniors, but played 10 for Auggies and ISA II's last year.

Superb talent. I don't think I've seen anyone play such contrasting positions in back-to-back seasons before. Could quite possibly be the most skilful front rower going around?

Wish him all the best.

A superb talent indeed - did anybody else notice that the nuggety fella kicked the last two conversions from the sideline for ISA I at Curagul to win the game v CAS I?

See the photo by yours truly, down the page in this blog here:

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
National Championships 4th - 9th July

Green and Gold reporting

The National Championships start next Monday, July 4th at Riverview, and end on Saturday 9th July.

Depending on how many writers volunteer to help, we will try to write brief reports on all the Division I matches. These will be played on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The schedule for Div I matches is:

Monday 4th July
10:00am - NSW II v WA
11:30am - Vic v Qld I
1:00pm - ACT v NSW I
2:30pm - Qld II v Combined States

Wednesday 6th July
10:00am - NSW I v CS
11:30am - Qld I v WA
1:00pm - Qld II v ACT
2:30pm - NSW II v Vic

Thursday 7th July
10:00am - Vic v WA
11:30am - CS v ACT
1:00pm - Qld I v NSW II
2:30pm - NSW I v Qld II

Saturday 9th July - Finals Day
9:00am - 7th place playoff
10:15am - 5th place playoff
11:30pm - 3rd place playoff
12:45pm - Championship match

I will probably be able to write two games per day, but I would rather not because I will have to edit the work of a few inexperienced writers as well, which takes a lot of time; so I hope some people can share the load.

So if you are going to the Championships during the week please tell me which day, and which game you would like to report on.

Since most writers will be NSW supporters they may wish to write reports on games that involve NSW - but others have said that they'd rather write on one of the other games so they can concentrate on the NSW matches.

So I hope that some will offer to write on any game and be able to get there early.

I hope some people are able to write on the first two games on Thursday morning because it usually takes me until the early hours to finish my work from the day before, and I may not be able to be at the ground in time that day.

If you are able to attend and to write on a couple of games during the week please let me know here and I will give you some guidelines.

One of them will be that the reports will be just 350 words long; so it's not a huge ask.

I understand that people have to work so there is no need to advise that you can't contribute.

schoolboyinsider

Frank Row (1)
After alot of smack talk about Adam Doueihi earlier in the year, he has come out and made the Australian Schooolboys. Never met him, but If I do ill be sure to give him a handshake. Another reason why you parents on the forum should shut the mouth in regards to badmouthing individual players. An absolute disgrace. A perfect case of Actions speaking louder than words. Cop that.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
Quick heads up for any oakhill parents who have boys heading to kws this weekend, i was just at school and to say that the ovals are very wet and soft would be an understatement, together with a predicted top of 6 degrees for saturday arvo i would recommend you pack some extra clothes and maybe some gumboots to save the feet getting wet especially for the under 15's as the oval they will play on is horrendously wet.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
After alot of smack talk about Adam Doueihi earlier in the year, he has come out and made the Australian Schooolboys. Never met him, but If I do ill be sure to give him a handshake. Another reason why you parents on the forum should shut the mouth in regards to badmouthing individual players. An absolute disgrace. A perfect case of Actions speaking louder than words. Cop that.
Well said mate.
Also big congrats to Bo Abra from Stannies, don't know him but seems like a typical Stannous boy who is happy to put his head in the places most players don't want to.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Agree - well done to Adam and Bo.

And well done to the 9 (!!) ISA boys who made into NSW U16s, 6 are from St Augustine's College.
Next year and/or the year after I hope to see more than just 2 ISA boys making it into the Australian Schoolboys teams.
I am tipping Max Lehman, Albert Hopoate (Albert has just turned 15) and Max Douglas, and of course all the other boys in the squad, to have a bright rugby future ahead of them.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Glad someone's interested IS!

St Augs v St Pats:

16As 75-5 approx win. Looking forward to seeing most of these boys play next year in the Opens. Especially the six that made NSW U16s

2nds 26-8 win.
1sts 34-18 win. For St Pats No.10 Dam Doueihi was a serial pest, getting involved everywhere.
For St Augs, Jack O didn't play due to minor injury, and worth noting the prop Cam P, from NSW 1, scored two tries.
Bonnie H has cut his hair very short and now looks very similar to his brother Albert; the two brothers running across the field together as 13 & 14 and is a very impressive and scary - sight indeed.

Bullet

Bob McCowan (2)
Did Stannies or Kinross or Oakhill Play?
KWS drew with Oakhill 8 8
KWS 2nd went down 28? 0
KWS 3 rds won 22 5 maybe
KWS 16 b won and both
KWS 15's won
Horrendous conditions cold rainy windy extremely wet fields
Kudos to the boys from both schools for playing and competing
All games I saw were played hard but with great spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
KWS drew with Oakhill 8 8