• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Italy v Australia, Sunday Nov 10 2013, Stadio Olimpico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronzewhaler

Stan Wickham (3)
i still reckon fardy should be playing 2nd row.

We've got way too many 2m tall lanky blokes running round on the field atm, paired up with midget hooper.

We need some nuggety @1.8m tall 100+kg breakaways who can smash into contact. eg george smith, poey, the goat etc. But who?[/quote

See page 7 . of last Shute Shield Rugby News article. George Smith dreds and Rebels web site show stats at 1.83 and 107kg!
http://issuu.com/rugbynews/docs/rn13_issue_22_final_for_web_v2?e=5461751/4846338[/quote

Rebels also have Higgers, Fugi, Jones, Timani and fainga!!Now that's a back row line up

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Yes generally it comes down to ball skills. Look at some of the great 8's:

Totai Kefu
Zinzan Brook

They had exceptional ball handling and passing skills. Higgers and Palu aren't too bad, Mowen is pretty poor.

I definitely rate Higgers ball handling. He is far from mediocre and has always been a threat with his offloads and sometimes pulling off those cheeky grubbers down the sideline.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
They might improve the performance slightly but they're backrowers. The backrow isn't an issue right now, could be better sure but it's the tight 5 that is incredibly weak for Australia.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
They might improve the performance slightly but they're backrowers. The backrow isn't an issue right now, could be better sure but it's the tight 5 that is incredibly weak for Australia.

I thinkt he forwards in general are lacking but the backrow is definitely not as dynamic as it is when higgers and pocock are on the field. They both get through a mountain of work and maybe theyve just been hiding the frailties of the rest of our forwards...

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Rob Simmons
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Dave Dennis
20. Liam Gill
21. Nic White
22. Christian Lealiifano
23. Joe Tomane

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
VERY interested to see what Simmons can do at blindside. Guess he is trying to play sanchez back into form by selecting him ahead of White. Think we could have done something more in the front row. Other than that, no real surprises.

Somewhat surprised to see the Afro Bowling Ball didn't get a shot. Must be saving him for the Scots.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is starting to look like a deans team same front row simmons at six wtf dennis on the bench a winger an he has dropped foley who has been great off the bench

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Darkness have named their team for Les Frogge, and you look at the team and you think "Sh!t".

The Saffers have named their team for The Boyos, and you look at the team listed and you think "Sh!t".

The Wobs name their 23 for the Pasta Burners, and you look at the team listed and you think "Sh!t"

It is funny that the same word, in the same context can mean two completely different things.

I'm felling a little sorry for the Boyos and Froggies already and I haven't seen their 23, and I don't think it will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.