• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Italy vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
KB (Kurtley Beale) played most of his junior rugby at 10 so he knows how to play there.

That pass.........you just can't teach it.
Surely it would be easier to develop QCs tackling technique and tell him to forget about trying to strip the ball??
In the mean time stick him on the bench for a test or two just so he's very clear about what is required if he is going to be the Wallabies first choice 10.

Beale at 10 against Italy would be interesting with Hynes at 15.

But oooohh.......that pass.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Are you guys kidding? We have just found our best fullback since Chris Latham circa 2004-2006 and one of the most confident attacking players in the squad and you want to move him back to flyhalf? If he is going to be our World Cup fullback I think it's best to leave him there, even against Italy. I feel the time for experimentation has past us.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
KB (Kurtley Beale) played most of his junior rugby at 10 so he knows how to play there.

That pass.........you just can't teach it.
Surely it would be easier to develop QCs tackling technique and tell him to forget about trying to strip the ball??

I disagree....KB (Kurtley Beale) could learn how to make that pass. But in reality, he doesn't HAVE to learn it to become a world-class fly half.

But learning how to tackle is as much or more so about attitude and desire as it is about technique. Those things can't be taught.

You can be a great 1st-five without 'the pass' but, IMO not if you miss 50% or more of your tackles.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think long term, Quade is the man at 10, and Beale at 15, that's why I think it's stupid moving Beale around for one pointless game. And, from a long term perspective, Quade should be dropped to send him a message that he is obviously not getting. If he is good enough, he'll be back. At the same time it doesn't hurt to give our back up 10 some game time in Barnes.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think long term, Quade is the man at 10, and Beale at 15

Does anyone think that Beale could be a better 10 than Cooper ever would be? I guess that's the premise for my belief he should play more at 1st-five.

If I could choose between having the best 10 in the world or the best 15, my preference would be to have the best 10. His influence on a game is usually so much more than a fullback's.

If played at 1st-five regularly, could Beale become a better option than Cooper come RWC time? Remember, QC (Quade Cooper) is only contracted for about another year so in 12 months - who would fill his shoes?

Although, getting another offer like Parra's may not be so easy given his recent tackling performances.

Maybe I just found the motivation for him get better at it? :D

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone think that Beale could be a better 10 than Cooper ever would be? I guess that's the premise for my belief he should play more at 1st-five.

If I could choose between having the best 10 in the world or the best 15, my preference would be to have the best 10. His influence on a game is usually so much more than a fullback's.

If played at 1st-five regularly, could Beale become a better option than Cooper come RWC time. Remember, QC (Quade Cooper) is only contracted for about another year so in 12 months - who would fill his shoes?

Although, getting another offer like Parra's may not be so easy given his recent tackling performances.

Maybe I just found the motivation for him get better at it? :D

Normally I'd agree, but Beale has scored a lot of points for the Wallabies this year that other fullbacks wouldn't. Indispensable for the Wob's, at the moment.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Normally I'd agree, but Beale has scored a lot of points for the Wallabies this year that other fullbacks wouldn't. Indispensable for the Wob's, at the moment.

True....kinda reminds me of this guy who was an OK fullback. We liked him in NZ anyways....Christian Cullen?

I was so pissed off when the All Blacks coaches let him go back in 2003. Apparently Ben Blair and Ben Atiga were considered better options at the time.

Hmmm......who were the AB coaches back then? ;)

T

trophyhunter

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Chisholm
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Higginbotham

9. Burgess
10. Beale
11. Mitchell
12. Fainga'a
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Turner
15. Hynes

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Humphries
19. Mumm (Wasn't too sure here)
20. Giteau
21. Cooper (maybe being 'insulted' by being benched will make Him angry enough to tackle)

There is no winger on the bench, but there are enough in the team to shuffle around if needed. Not sure if any of the run on side can kick any better than KB (Kurtley Beale), So guess He would be the man for it on the day.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
According to most NZ supporters, I think these were the coaches...

images

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
True....kinda reminds me of this guy who was an OK fullback. We liked him in NZ anyways....Christian Cullen?

I was so pissed off when the All Blacks coaches let him go back in 2003. Apparently Ben Blair and Ben Atiga were considered better options at the time.

Hmmm......who were the AB coaches back then? ;)

I was about to rebut your KB (Kurtley Beale) arguments with the example of Cullen, but you beat me to it :) That comparison alone is enough for me to say KB (Kurtley Beale) should be left at fullback. We have several guys of varying abilities who can play 10, but only one who can play fullback like KB (Kurtley Beale) is at present. I never thought I'd say that though. He's Larkham in reverse.

E

El Gamba

I don't mind the sound of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in 12 and Horne at 13 (or maybe vice versa). Either way, a centre combination that will shut the oppositions mid field down through aggression.

E

El Gamba

Added to everything though - I don't think Beale would do any better in defense which is where Quadie has his issues...

T

trophyhunter

Barnes over giteau on the Bench, and I would stay up to watch them on Sat night. Sadly giteau is the cover for burgess?

On my team He is, and it is less than perfect, but the team on whole is far from it at the present.
But on the bench means You don't have to use Him and He is still on the team to keep the people paying His salary happy.

The main reason Giteau got on the bench on my team was because He has played there before, I was not sure if Barnes had. It really was a toss up between the two, but really at the moment I would prefer to have Barnes there if He could slot into scrum half better than Giteau

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Could be MrMouse - not sure - I just thought Gowie was subbed during the game?

Media report from Reuters distinguishes between Gower "who is carrying a knee injury" and Tebaldi who "has no injury and has simply been dropped"

I guess impossible to know without being closer to the action. Either way Orquera is a bit more fun to call...

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
On my team He is, and it is less than perfect, but the team on whole is far from it at the present.
But on the bench means You don't have to use Him and He is still on the team to keep the people paying His salary happy.

The main reason Giteau got on the bench on my team was because He has played there before, I was not sure if Barnes had. It really was a toss up between the two, but really at the moment I would prefer to have Barnes there if He could slot into scrum half better than Giteau

Is the capitalisation of He/Him/His when Barnes is mentioned some sort of deliberate elevation of him to god-like status? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.