• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't a Hooker of theirs just get suspended for 20 weeks for abusing an official? Sounds like JOC (James O'Connor) will fit in nicely.

Wasn't that a Northampton hooker?

Or was there another incident?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You underestimate the influence of 'others' in his life like managers.
The manager often looks at at it this way for himself;
6% of say $300K = $18K for me if he signs with the Force OR
10% of say $500K = $50K for me if he signs with a top French club.
What's with the changing of percentage?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Would players have deals with their manager. How would u know their deals? Just curious
Yes players have deals or contracts with their managers. Whatever the % for doing the rugby deal, the rates increase for off field contracts such as for ambassadorial roles or endorsements. You cannot obtain a contract in France without a manager and that manager must be accredited in France.
In Australia the % vary but 6% playing and 10-20% for off field are around the norm for a manager.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes players have deals or contracts with their managers. Whatever the % for doing the rugby deal, the rates increase for off field contracts such as for ambassadorial roles or endorsements. You cannot obtain a contract in France without a manager and that manager must be accredited in France.
In Australia the % vary but 6% playing and 10-20% for off field are around the norm for a manager.
How do u know all this though?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
If a club decides to sign JOC (James O'Connor), where would they enter him on their annual Balance Sheet, under "assets" or "liabilities"?!!

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
If a club decides to sign JOC (James O'Connor), where would they enter him on their annual Balance Sheet, under "assets" or "liabilities"?!!

Is it possible to have a deficit of goodwill? An intangible liability?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Accountants humor - best consumed with beer.

I like your reasoning/logic, oztimmay.
I have a business background, but not a bean counter!
"Matter of fact": I just knocked the top off a stubie, (first for the day), after tidying and watering the garden and servicing the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.