• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm not against the idea of JOC (James O'Connor) playing Rugby overseas in Japan or Europe. While some players just take their problems with them no matter where they are - sometimes the change can be good. Playing overseas away from Oz may well give him the opportunity to see just what he had here. Sometimes people just can't comprehend what they have till they are forced to go without it. That being said I hope he signs with the Force.

Given the possible outcomes listed by Baron I'd say:
"Goes to the Force" - taking a huge pay cut to stay in Oz Rugby would be quite a positive move from JOC (James O'Connor)
"Goes overseas to play Rugby" - I'd prefer him go to the Force but I could still see some positives from this move, he could come back in a better state of mind than before
"Goes to Loig" - all bets are off, the bridge will have been burnt, never to be reconstructed again :p

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not against the idea of JOC (James O'Connor) playing Rugby overseas in Japan or Europe. While some players just take their problems with them no matter where they are - sometimes the change can be good. Playing overseas away from Oz may well give him the opportunity to see just what he had here. Sometimes people just can't comprehend what they have till they are forced to go without it. That being said I hope he signs with the Force.

I agree. Old habits die hard and a complete change of scenery for a season may be just what he needs. Go away and comeback refreshed and with a new perspective than battling his demons weekly in front of a crowd that are looking at his every move.

M

mariette bothma

First stage of my prediction. Off to the Bulldogs and plenty more time with KB (Kurtley Beale) and Buddy. A real shame to see the talent gone, but the game is bigger than just one player.
Every time something happens, you hear him say "I've learnt a lot"/"I've matured a lot"/"I know I need to earn respect"/whatever. I really think he is just full of himself and never learns.
"As a professional, I am focused in developing as a person and as an athlete and intend to do everything possible to put myself in the best environment to do that."

Don't think that would be possible if he signed with the Bulldogs. Living and playing in the same city as Franklin and Beale just doesn't suggest being in an environment that will allow him to develop. On that topic, will Kurtley be able to resist the temptations offered by Franklin now living in Sydney?
I'd love to see him sign with the Force and work hard at changing the public perception of him.

If I was him I'd jump on a plane to the south of France and stay there for the next 10 years.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
JOC (James O'Connor) should join London Irish, the whole team is on a self imposed Booze ban and believe that's why they are in good form.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Goodbye James - he has to go offshore - no-one likes him, or his attitude/
Undeniably a good footballer, one who could have been great but very unlikely now.

Others will cement their spots and James is destined to an overseas career.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Quade looks the package these days. Got to appreciate a guy who has the guts to grow up. $BW has been the total package at Easts all year, they have probably have been really good for each other. No way I saw this happening last year.

Quade looked the package in his last game. Lets hope he keeps it up, for the sake of Australian rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw James O'Connor pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Actually, that's just a quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Quade looked the package in his last game. Lets hope he keeps it up, for the sake of Australian rugby.

The acid test comes in the next game, in hostile territory, against the best in the world.

But that test is for the whole bloody team as well

It is well known that give Cooper front foot ball and he does the business, but he ain't going to get much of that against the ABs, and there are very few lazy defenders on the inside for him to exploit.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I have to say that the longer it takes for JOC (James O'Connor) to make his decision, the less likely it is that he will stay in Union in Australia. Right now I reckon that its better than 50% that he will transfer to Europe in the December window and as every day passes the chances of staying decrease.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree with you on that one Hawko, unfortunately I also think that him going overseas will likely lead to more off-field incidents.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have to say that the longer it takes for JOC (James O'Connor) to make his decision, the less likely it is that he will stay in Union in Australia. Right now I reckon that its better than 50% that he will transfer to Europe in the December window and as every day passes the chances of staying decrease.
wow its been less then 1 week

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Still think he's off to Liog, specifically the Bulldogs. Buddy and KB (Kurtley Beale) are in Sydney, and he wants to be there too...

Status
Not open for further replies.