• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Read in another thread NRC premiership winner Phil Kite has left Brisbane to join Tuggeranong Vikings, presume to chase a Brumbies contract.

Any other movements or gains and losses from around the grounds?

W

wrecking rider

My mail is that Uni will be a powerhouse this year and qbn well and truly up there with Royals and Tuggeranong.

G

getemback10sir

When do the Brumbies announce their allocations?
I will reserve my prediction until then.

T

Tigers Tale

Who will Blake Enever's club be? Will it be the same club as Jared Butler?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Can anyone at Easts confirm if Seru Rogo will be coaching there this year? John Ross obviously has the reigns as Head Coach.

Seru was involved with the Griffith Blacks in 2014 with Marika Vunibaka and Dan Rawaqa. I would have thought that Rawaqa would be keen to play outside of the SIRU Competition.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I heard the ACT U20's side played Uni norths First Grade in a trial game and the 20's rolled them??Not sure if thats such a great result for a team that appears to be getting the talk up this year??

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
I heard the ACT U20's side played Uni norths First Grade in a trial game and the 20's rolled them??Not sure if thats such a great result for a team that appears to be getting the talk up this year??

Apparently quite a number of Wests players have joined Uni Norths or gone to League

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Word is Uni-norths have done a fair bit of shopping for players from other clubs. Not unheard of, but if what I've heard is true they have made very few friends with approaches to established players in other clubs.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
My mail is that Uni will be a powerhouse this year and qbn well and truly up there with Royals and Tuggeranong.

Hmmm no wonder Australia Post is going broke with that mail. I'd expect Vikings, Queanbeyan and Royals to contest with the rest struggling. Vikings have awesome depth, Royals seem reinvigorated under new leadership and well Queanbeyan are always just bloody hard to get over no matter who's in their starting 15.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)

I think that it would be really great to see some of these clubs have a more successful season this year. It would certainly make for an interesting season.
Will be good to see how Easts go this year with new coaching staff?
I still believe that Vikings have a hell of a lot to play for. Don't forget their trying to win 5 in a row. This is record breaking stuff. Their pre season preparation is always very professional, and IMO is where they have the edge.

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can anyone confirm reports that the Whites have also been fairly active in the off-season? Tai would be a real coup.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can anyone confirm reports that the Whites have also been fairly active in the off-season? Tai would be a real coup.

I had heard they had Mitch Wade from Brisbane who was here pushing for a Brumbies spot before he got injured. Also picked up Carl Elliot from Wests? Who is Tai you mention?

Christian

Frank Row (1)
Sokai Tai from Royals, Carl Eliot from Wests and Mitch Wade. Bit of cash been thrown their way. I hope they are looking after the players who have been there for years. Might cause some disharmony within the ranks!

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Royals 1st grade defeated Penrith 1sts 45-29, colts defeated Penrith 50-7 up in Sydney. Boys are looking pretty good.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ According to Sydney Uni Twitter: (Sydney University vs Vikings)
The Corporation won 35-26 with them scoring a converted try (from the sideline) off a scrum right on full time.
Uni scored just after oranges to take score to 28-12
Uni also scored a try at the bell for oranges. HT 21 - 12 to the Corporation.
Sydney also scored an early try and a penalty try for something.

No detail on twitter about the Vikings scoring, nor 2nd grade result.
Must have been 2T 1C for 1/2 time score, and possibly another 2T 2C for their final score of 26.

Sydney Colts 2015 thread post says that The Corporation won the Colts game relatively convincingly, but no score given.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I was there for 2nd's & 1st's. Vikings 2nd's were winning until around half way through the second half where I think the heat got to the Vikings boys and they let in two quick tries just before full time. They had the whole game right up unil that point. The 1st grade game was try for try for the first half. Vikings scored the first try. Before half time Vikings let in a couple of soft tries. They came back very strong in the second half and it was 26-28 Uni's way for a good while. The refereeing was pretty average. A number of forward passes let go, that led to one try. And a pretty serious head high tackle that saw a Vikings player taken off. Vikings had to run a number of very young players and second grade players due to injury, with their usual team they'd have creamed the Sydney Uni team without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.