• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tonight's Games:

Gungahlin and Uni-Norths drew 6-6 with a late penalty on the bell from Uni-Norths.
Queanbeyan 25 def Vikings 21

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wests 31 def Uni-Norths 21
Royals 45 def Gungahlin 29

Nothing from Queanbeyan v Easts yet

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
What's the story with the QBN 8 OJ? When did he join the club and where did he come from? Fairly handy player in a good backrow with Sok and Penca!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What's the story with the QBN 8 OJ? When did he join the club and where did he come from? Fairly handy player in a good backrow with Sok and Penca!

Not sure where he came from but him, no.5 Valeni (spelling) and also of course Penca dominated yesterday.

I really hope these sorts of players get a look in NRC time - because QBN have prob the best back row in the comp and plently of standout players...

Anyone know what the store was with Penca last year - did he get selected for NRC and turn it down? Will it be the same story again this year? Because at the moment he is the standout 7 in the comp.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Just saw this article - http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/canberra-rugby-war-threatens-to-erupt-over-vikings-nrc-squad-selection-20150502-1myedw.html

Looks like the Valley will dominate the NRC selections again.

On behalf of the forum in no particular order I would like to hear @Empire and @GrantJones thoughts on this please.

While a good article, it got the opinion from Dan McKeller who was a tuggeranong coach himself. Brad Harris has now got the coaching gig (I don't even know why they asked for applications). McKeller said that Aus under 20 players and a schoolboy rep made the team pretty much because of what they have done at age level. Based on that why wasn't Penca picked last year? He was previously an under 20 rep (and no he was never asked and then turned it down). I see a comment saying he is the form 7 of the comp, he has been the form 7 for the last 7 years. Also Jake holland played Aus schoolboys so shouldn't that make him an automatic selection and why wasn't JR Morgan picked last year after being a schoolboy rep the previous year and also playing well in first grade, something Jordan Jackson-Hope isn't doing this year yet still made the squad? It's an absolute joke Tuggers blokes have been picked from outside of first grade, yes they have dominated the comp for 4 years but they have come back to the pack big time this year with us and wests in particular troubling them. I hope that they can take their Tuggeranong glasses off when the final squad is picked. Yes they will have more than other teams based on their success and the program they have, but to again have more players than every other club put together is a little obvious that there is a biased, Liam McGrath moved to Tuggers after being Gungahlin club captain in order to get a shot at this squad and Jackson-Hope also went there to progress to this squad, so there is already evidence that this is having an effect on the local comp. I can't imagine Michael Cheika picking more than half of the Wallabies squad from the Waratahs but yes they will have the most as expected. I could go through player by player and if their selection is warranted or if there is another player in the comp that should be there but I might leave that for another day!
On behalf of the forum in no particular order I would like to hear @Empire and @GrantJones thoughts on this please.[/quote]

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Very well said Grant - couldn't agree more! Is Brad Harris the dude that tries to look like Laurier Fisher by wearing the bucket hat? I'm not sure I could support a team he coaches the way he yells out at the refs and carries on from the stands.

HeadTape

Bob McCowan (2)
Very well said Grant - couldn't agree more! Is Brad Harris the dude that tries to look like Laurier Fisher by wearing the bucket hat? I'm not sure I could support a team he coaches the way he yells out at the refs and carries on from the stands.

Going from the article above, you'd have to think so.

1430737576463.jpg

Personally, I'd prefer the bloke from 2nd grade with the vest and visor combo.

OldHeadSnakeyHeher

Allen Oxlade (6)

I think you will actually find Laurie Fisher copied Harris champ

Status
Not open for further replies.