• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup and ACT competition - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Does this mean English rugby league is stronger than Aust rugby league as the English club team generally beats the Aust club team in the club championship

Not at all, but it would be a brave person to suggest the English league is "Mickey Mouse"

H

Homer J

Where has Hugh Roach gone after Vikings?
What is happening at the Owls, have they shown any pre-season form or will it be another long season for the boys in green?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Where has Hugh Roach gone after Vikings?
What is happening at the Owls, have they shown any pre-season form or will it be another long season for the boys in green?
I believe Hugh Roach is playing in the Shute Shiled for Eastwood

Z

Zero

Any updates from the weekends trials? I think Eagles had a game against Uni?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Easts are hosting the Owls tomorrow at Griffith - should be an interesting match.

Not sure on how the Owls looks this year - they've lost a few good players to local clubs.

Easts should have Jerry Yanuyanutawa and Ben Hand - expecting a monster scrum!

H

Homer J

Any match report from the Owls v Easts game? As an ex Norths player it is bloody hard to get any news from the ACT rugby website or Owls.
Did the Brumbies players have a significant impact on the match?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Easts were outplayed by the Uni Owls 31-13. It was particularly evident in the backs. Lineouts were even and scrummaging Easts had a slight advantage.

Over all though, you didn't miss much - both teams look like they need a fair bit more time on the training paddock to work on combinations and fitness.

Of the Brumbies that featured:
Tom Cox - blisteringly quick in open space - a race between him and Rod Davies would be awesome to watch!
Dylan Sigg - very strong and quick. He is indicative of the depth the Brumbies have at present in the backrow.
Jerry Yanuyanutawa - strong scrummaging and looks very fit. His ability to hit in defence is impressive too.

Easts Colts looking stronger this year - quite a big pack. It will be surprising if they are not contending finals at the end of the year. The new blood (including ex ACT schoolboys players from St Edmunds and Grammar, and an American u20's rep) should hopefully indicate better times for the tricolours.

Z

Zero

Any match report from the Owls v Easts game? As an ex Norths player it is bloody hard to get any news from the ACT rugby website or Owls.
Did the Brumbies players have a significant impact on the match?

you can check out the highlights of the games here:

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Vikings bt Queanbeyan 74-3 ..... Gunghalin over Wests 23-17 , and Royals over Easts 38-10. Whats the latest from around the clubs? Standouts? Any new faces in the competition performing?

H

Homer J

Vikings put 74 on the Whites!! Is that an ominous sign for the comp or was there a few players missing?
I have noticed on the Vikings website that they have a large number of new NZ recruits, do they essentially have a new team this year?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Vikings put 74 on the Whites!! Is that an ominous sign for the comp or was there a few players missing?
I have noticed on the Vikings website that they have a large number of new NZ recruits, do they essentially have a new team this year?

I think Queanbeyan did have players missing but Vikings are very strong this season. They have 2 players in this season from NZ, and a new development officer/ inside centre who is from NZ via Europe. Also two newies from Queensland but the rest were there last year when they won the comp.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Vikings put 74 on the Whites!! Is that an ominous sign for the comp or was there a few players missing

Vikings very strong this year and should get up easy this season. Plenty of recruits, from my count with only about 5-6 from last years premiership team in there again last Saturday, the rest were on the bench (which included 2 of our Brumbies + Colby starting at 6) or in twos. Queanbeyan looked a shadow of previous years, probably a development year for them with what looked like a few colts and fresh faces in their starting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.