• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Without speculating on innocent / guilty I'm interested to know:

Given the courts policy that your innocent until proven guilty does this mean he can play tomorrow?

I say no, he will be stood down for bringing the game into disrepute?

Whatever the case this is stupidity at it's finest

P

Pokinacha

Dell was just taking coke. This is a supply charge of a class A drug. Guilty=jail time...

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Gives new meaning to the term 'vice captain'.

But seriously, what a shock. Appears as such a clean-cut bloke, never saw this coming. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but what should the Reds do?

Certainly he should be stood down from the match this weekend, and stripped of his vice captaincy.
Yeah - you would think the Reds hands will be tied a little until there is some legal process, but otherwise they should do everything in their power to cut ties as soon as possible.

Must say I am personally extremely disappointed. What a disgrace.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Given the courts policy that your innocent until proven guilty does this mean he can play tomorrow?

I would suggest he will be suspended by the Reds

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I just hope now it doesn't turn into another debacle. Obviously due process will have to occur, but deal with it quickly and unequivocally.

To think, I am on the internet to distract me while I wait for the Cat 5 cyclone to hit. Thanks Karmichael.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Would you really want a guy who's spent the day/night in lock up starting for you? I can't say his head will be in the game at all.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
If Hunt hasn't let the Reds management know what's going on he should be suspended immediately, if he has, they should have had a statement out by now explaining their position. Seems a bit sloppy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So are you saying law enforcement choose not to follow these things up too closely because of the governing sports bodies? Pretty big call.

No. I'm saying that Police are sick of handing over criminal matters to the governing body of whichever sport it is, and having very little done about it.

For reference: Todd Carney.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
As the police should be. I'm happy to hear they've decided to take more direct action. Unfortunately the actions of lots of sporting bodies to protect their own seem to have led to a greater prevalence of poor conduct.

Not that I am trying to paint all sports people with one broad brush, or push every case into one large bucket - but there certainly seems to be a growing element of these guys who don't get it.

T

TOCC

I support innocent until proven guilty, the court case might take months to resolve, he might still be innocent for all we know...

That been said, cocaine in young professionals in Australia is a rampant issue that has long been overlooked.... I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney and it's the trendy thing for young professionals in the 25-35yr old age bracket to do on a Friday or Saturday night, I don't personally touch it but I have plenty of friends and associates who do.

I often wonder whether the use of cocaine is ignored by authorities due to the demographic in which it appeals to..

Status
Not open for further replies.