• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
If they were serious they would start doing hair drug tests on the guy, but they won't
I don't understand why they wouldn't. A test result solves so many problems either way and gives them options with how to deal with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
If they were serious they would do hair testing on everyone. They'd probably lose half the team mind.
Rupa and RA have an agreement that only those under a targetted testing regime can have their hair tested. Everyone else is on random urine only

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
We are talking about a Wallaby here right?
Wish we had a few more players who were as “consistently average”

That deserves a big LOL but the broken form won't let me properly express it. The Wallabies have been so high performing the last two years and everyone selected in the Wallabies has thoroughly deserved the position and been the best possible beyond debate. Timana Tahu springs to mind among others. I don't think you'd find many critical fans who would rate Hunt very highly at all. As I said he could have been the next Rob Horne, as that is where I see his peak abilities from what I have seen, but the fact is he never reached those peaks in a Wallaby shirt and very rarely for the Reds, and now at his age and injury history I see no upside to him with this baggage of his own making (found guilty or not he put himself in said situation) as a businessman I see him as a liability to be minimised and removed ASAP.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
If they were serious they would start doing hair drug tests on the guy, but they won't

I agree, but first rule in banking management and among Lawyers as well is don't ask questions you don't want answers too. It makes it hard to deny later and to implement whatever actions you wish, as then you can say without perjury that you just didn't know. After the Russian Decision the WADA is in crisis in any event, I expect sport will get dirtier over the short term.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
That deserves a big LOL but the broken form won't let me properly express it. The Wallabies have been so high performing the last two years and everyone selected in the Wallabies has thoroughly deserved the position and been the best possible beyond debate. Timana Tahu springs to mind among others. I don't think you'd find many critical fans who would rate Hunt very highly at all. As I said he could have been the next Rob Horne, as that is where I see his peak abilities from what I have seen, but the fact is he never reached those peaks in a Wallaby shirt and very rarely for the Reds, and now at his age and injury history I see no upside to him with this baggage of his own making (found guilty or not he put himself in said situation) as a businessman I see him as a liability to be minimised and removed ASAP.

My kids often think if they say the same thing twice they’ll get a different response.
It doesn’t work for them either :)

Reactions: dru

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If they were serious they would do hair testing on everyone. They'd probably lose half the team mind.

Depends, I think we would see a load of Britney Spears "meltdowns" ie shaved heads very quickly (rumour has it when she did that it was just before her ex husband was going to insist on a hair test during a messy divorce)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Depends, I think we would see a load of Britney Spears "meltdowns" ie shaved heads very quickly (rumour has it when she did that it was just before her ex husband was going to insist on a hair test during a messy divorce)

Poor Britney

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I agree, but first rule in banking management and among Lawyers as well is don't ask questions you don't want answers too. It makes it hard to deny later and to implement whatever actions you wish, as then you can say without perjury that you just didn't know. After the Russian Decision the WADA is in crisis in any event, I expect sport will get dirtier over the short term.

Well, the quicker recreational drugs are put in the same box as booze the better, IMHO They are an employment/health issue

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well, the quicker recreational drugs are put in the same box as booze the better, IMHO They are an employment/health issue
The sooner booze is put in the same box as recreational drugs the better. Alcohol is a major problem in this country and literally kills thousands of people each year and fills our hospitals with it effects.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The sooner booze is put in the same box as recreational drugs the better. Alcohol is a major problem in this country and literally kills thousands of people each year and fills our hospitals with it effects.

Prohibition didn't go so well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The sooner cars are put in the same box as recreational drugs the better. Cars are a major problem in this country and literally kills thousands of people each year and fills our hospitals with it effects.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The sooner cars are put in the same box as recreational drugs the better. Cars are a major problem in this country and literally kills thousands of people each year and fills our hospitals with it effects.
Good idea. Push bikes for everyone.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Actually cars only kills hundreds of people and most of those are intoxicated or booze was involved.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Road deaths have fallen but there's still over 1000 per year. About 30% in Australia involve alcohol, so a pretty substantial number, but not a majority. Most are caused by plain old human error.

You can't just ban everything that can be dangerous. If you were for a ban on alcohol then to be consistent you should be for a ban on junk food, gambling, sun tanning and a whole bunch of other things.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Some the long and short of it is K Hunt cannot going fishing for sharks and have a beer at the same time nor smoke a cigi or somke the other kind, nor drive his car to the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.