• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Putting aside whether they should, i doubt they can just fire the bloke on suspicion. Guilty verdict would probably be needed if they want to avoid a payout.
I'd be in Court the next day if my boss tried to sack me on 'suspicion' of something.

It depends on whether Hunt has made the ARU/QRU aware of his 'need' for an anxiety based medication. If by the sounds of it, he didn't inform them that he believes he needs it, then it goes to his character. You've been caught red handed once by the police buying/consuming Cocaine and now you've been caught potentially abusing a drug you weren't prescribed?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It depends on whether Hunt has made the ARU/QRU aware of his 'need' for an anxiety based medication. If by the sounds of it, he didn't inform them that he believes he needs it, then it goes to his character. You've been caught red handed once by the police buying/consuming Cocaine and now you've been caught potentially abusing a drug you weren't prescribed?

I am sure its been raised with RA and the Reds in the past that he needs anxiety based medication.

His management would have undoubtedly indicated (reinforced) to RA and the Reds that he has a predisposition to random attacks of stupidity that result in him suffering from anxiety at the potential consequences; ergo justification for him to be hopped up on something. :)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The sooner cars are put in the same box as recreational drugs the better. Cars are a major problem in this country and literally kills thousands of people each year and fills our hospitals with it effects.

and breathing, did you know this is the real killer? Every person who has ever breathed has or will die in the future....with this sobering thought it is no wonder people drink or take drugs

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am sure its been raised with RA and the Reds in the past that he needs anxiety based medication.

His management would have undoubtedly indicated (reinforced) to RA and the Reds that he has a predisposition to random attacks of stupidity that result in him suffering from anxiety at the potential consequences; ergo justification for him to be hopped up on something. :)

you dont get charged for having tablets that you were prescribed, the charge would be for unlawful possession. so even if the ARU knew of his issues requiring the prescription the charge would indicate that he is using the drug (or just holding it for a friend) outside the recommended amount.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That's the way it should imho. However they do need to test "fit" back in the playing group. It is a passionate debate, and there may not be space for Hunt. I'm pretty sure they can fire whoever they want whenever they want - though you must surely be right over agreeing conditions around the matter.

Possibly a case of 'Wrongful dismissal' if Hunt is given his marching orders. I'd think statue law would have precedence over RA & Reds contracts. So the rugby officiado need to be very careful where they tread.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Some the long and short of it is K Hunt cannot going fishing for sharks and have a beer at the same time nor smoke a cigi or somke the other kind, nor drive his car to the beach.

Isn't it great, all this political correctness on the rugby scene. It gives us something t write about during the off season.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
How can you forget sugar and a sedentary lifestyle. 2 biggest killers.

(puts down coke and gets off forum)

T

TOCC

Possibly a case of 'Wrongful dismissal' if Hunt is given his marching orders. I'd think statue law would have precedence over RA & Reds contracts. So the rugby officiado need to be very careful where they tread.

If they were able to sack Lote for bringing a girl to his room they can sack Karmichael Hunt if found guilty of his remaining charges.

If found not-guilty, I agree there are some potential wrongful dismissal issues there if they try and sack, and I’m sure it’s something which has being considered.

We as a society have too trust that the legal system will do it’s job, if he isn’t found guilty of anything then we can’t still punish him for assumed guilt. As much as I believe he isn’t innocent.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
If they were able to sack Lote for bringing a girl to his room they can sack Karmichael Hunt if found guilty of his remaining charges.

If found not-guilty, I agree there are some potential wrongful dismissal issues there if they try and sack, and I’m sure it’s something which has being considered.

We as a society have too trust that the legal system will do it’s job, if he isn’t found guilty of anything then we can’t still punish him for assumed guilt. As much as I believe he isn’t innocent.
They had to pay Lote a couple of million dollars to do it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
They had to pay Lote a couple of million dollars to do it

Ya, you can let people go for any reason if you want to pay our their contract. To 'fire' someone implies that you are letting them go without remuneration for the remainder of the contract. Can only do that for very specific reasons, like a criminal conviction.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Ya, you can let people go for any reason if you want to pay our their contract. To 'fire' someone implies that you are letting them go without remuneration for the remainder of the contract. Can only do that for very specific reasons, like a criminal conviction.

Or you can just tell them that they aren't required and can go and play club rugby even if they haven't done anything ....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I believe there was a little more to the Lote story than bringing a woman back to his room..

What's done is done, better off leaving it there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I all comes down to how much the team wants him, plenty can be ignored for the right player

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah, his on field work ethic & attitude makes him look from a distance as a"Thorn" style player, his off field stuff less so

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yeah, his on field work ethic & attitude makes him look from a distance as a"Thorn" style player, his off field stuff less so

Yeah, but Thorn spent a lot of time in the NRL. If every NRL player who transgresses was rubbed out a lot of teams would look a bit different, over the years.

I reckon Thorn would move heaven and earth to keep Khunt in the squad.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Doubt he cares what he does in his personal life unless it affects his performance.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon Thorn would move heaven and earth to keep Khunt in the squad.

He knows what Hunt can do better than most
6f220178f9970c9f93c90df12d0c2db7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.