• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I wanted to post on TOCC thread on a certain K Hunt. The thread has gone, like you gotta be kidding. Has been on every news TV show, printed by Australia's major media companies and even a discussion on the ABC. Has been on most radio news breaks, Is a thread on the Roar with over 50 comments.

We actually place it in a Reds thread. For the love of the holy mother Mary sometimes the logic of this site.
What we had was two threads going full bore with exactly the same posts in both.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
KHunt has form - we all know that. I some circles I'm known as the 'smiling assassin' or the 'hanging judge' as 3 strikes and you're out. Slow learners should not benefit from the lack of correct action from those in charge of our great game.

When KHunt is found guilty - as he will be - surely this should be enough to convince RA that these extremely high cost NRL converts have little to offer our game.

Who knows what KHunt has cost RA and the Reds but this cost and the cost of the expanded squads (especially the Rebels) would have gone a long way towards covering the cost of the Western Force out to 2020 - especially as Forrest was prepared to cover any losses to RugbyWA over that period.

Grass roots rugby have been robbed of funding due the likes of such poor decisions - and the high cost of paying out contracts to bring players back from Europe.

Please can we go back to rewarding players who come up through Club Rugby, have the right values reinforced from the get go, and who play for the love of the game??

Yes, they may bring attention to the great game of rugby - but for all the WRONG reasons.
I well remember the story that came out of the Wallabies changing room when talking about player payments while on Spring Tours. Some notable Wallabies, including a past captain, were of the view that no play no pay.
It seemed that some players expressed the view was that he'd play for the Wallabies for zero $ as it was an honour and privilege to play for his country. We need more of these players playing for our country!!

RA - get back to basics and your core values of Passion, Integrity, Discipline, Respect and Teamwork. (It would be even better if the RA Board showed these occasionally)

Leave the prima donnas and code switchers to the other sporting codes.
Yes they may bring attention to our great game - but for all the WRONG reasons.
Izzy has been fantastic for the game. You take the good with the bad.. I'm sure Korobeti will be too. We just have to be more diligent in our selection of The player..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not really. Thorn could not have forseen this.

Plus, according to the weekend papers, Quade has not signed with anybody else. So if Thorn wants him, maybe the door is still open. I hope so, anyway. Although I must say that I hope more that Hunt will not be convicted (except, of course, in the fevered court of public speculation).

For the record, I have had one attempted smoke of ganja in my life, other than that, it has just been booze for me. But I have never been addicted to anything.

But, frankly, some of the comments and pontificating on threads like these are just sickening.

I wonder how many of the keyboard warriors would say this stuff to his face?

T

TOCC

Why’d the Karmichael thread get culled?
This issue is going to take months to settle, wouldn’t a dedicated thread have allowed it to not completely swallow the Reds 2018 thread? Obviously it has massive ramifications on the Reds 2018 season, but eventually we want to be able to talk about the Reds 2018 without it being swamped by the latest Karmichael court hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T

TOCC

More to the last....

Karmichael’s selfishness now places the Reds 2018 recruitment and retention plan further under the spotlight. Who is the backup fullback, who is the backup fly-half. Why did the Reds let young kids like Dylan Riley go when they’re short on centres.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
But, frankly, some of the comments and pontificating on threads like these are just sickening.

I haven't really seen much pontificating on here. Being out in public, addiction or not, with cocaine, while also simultaneously being Karmichael Hunt was an incredibly stupid thing to do. I'm sure the bloke has a house nice enough to have 30-odd mates over with no lack of space if Karmichael wanted to go skiing for the weekend.

If my suspicions prove at all correct and he was arrested while meeting his dealer, he's actually a full blown idiot and this was born as much out of his own stupidity as it was his addiction to the drug.

Reactions: dru

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

If the shoe was on the other foot, the keyboard warriors would have had a conviction recorded against them and lost their job in the first instance of being caught like Karmichael was/has been. Due to being better than most people in the world at entertaining us for a few months of the year, he was given preferential treatment and everyone gave him a second chance.
More importantly, what if Hunts usage of the drug actually had an impact on his recovery post training or games which ultimately lead to him having several weekends off this year? Not only that, but with the 2018 Reds having such a young bunch of players, we have supposedly one of the 'leaders' of the team, saying one thing and doing another. I'd agree with you if he was busted having a ciggie, drinking too much or even smoking the green stuff and that people are being too hard on him.
But, how long has Karmichael been lying to his team mates, his team mates in the Reds, the Wallabies and the fans?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Why’d the Karmichael thread get culled?
This issue is going to take months to settle, wouldn’t a dedicated thread have allowed it to not completely swallow the Reds 2018 thread? Obviously it has massive ramifications on the Reds 2018 season, but eventually we want to be able to talk about the Reds 2018 without it being swamped by the latest Karmichael court hearing.

It might be because it could not be edited, as you had requested. The IT problems with the site have randomly disabled a few functions (one one platform, the one I am most commonly using) and for me, editing a Thread Title is gone. That said, I didn't delete it, but I agree with Sully, when we have two threads bearing the same discussion it gets messy. I was going to suggest you delete the thread and re-start but got called into work.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wanted to post on TOCC thread on a certain K Hunt. The thread has gone, like you gotta be kidding. Has been on every news TV show, printed by Australia's major media companies and even a discussion on the ABC. Has been on most radio news breaks, Is a thread on the Roar with over 50 comments.

We actually place it in a Reds thread. For the love of the holy mother Mary sometimes the logic of this site.

Not sure that we need a lecture on logic from you. There are actually good reasons to keep discussion in one thread, especially when the new thread had a fucked up title that was hard to edit.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not sure that we need a lecture on logic from you. There are actually good reasons to keep discussion in one thread, especially when the new thread had a fucked up title that was hard to edit.
Whilst he is paid handsomely to be a professional sportsman which entails being a role model, I do think the media a disgusting for being camped outside his house for what is something an awful lot of 30yr Olds do. Going by the time it took from arrest to news articles this looks like bit of a stitch up.

Certain league players we all know we're the states worst kept secret but are now and we're untouchables. He seems to have been treated unfairly by those who should act impartially.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

half

Alan Cameron (40)

Probably right, however some self reflection and an increase in skin thickness, just might result in creating a thread for what I consider is a hhhhmmmm rrrrrrraggggrrrr big nay large nay mega story and given we only have four teams and maybe a handful of player names recognised outside rugby circles. But I will bow to your obovious greater knowledge, intellect, and experience on these matters.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
More importantly, what if Hunts usage of the drug actually had an impact on his recovery post training or games which ultimately lead to him having several weekends off this year?
apparently it doesn't, which is why it is the rec. drug of choice for sportspersons. use on Saturday OK to train Sunday/Monday. no hangover. i'm not talking about any potential psychological/physical addiction effects on training here.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Probably right, however some self reflection and an increase in skin thickness, just might result in creating a thread for what I consider is a hhhhmmmm rrrrrrraggggrrrr big nay large nay mega story and given we only have four teams and maybe a handful of player names recognised outside rugby circles. But I will bow to your obovious greater knowledge, intellect, and experience on these matters.

Try reading what I wrote and being less of a smartass about it. There was thread, it was fucked, so someone deleted it, and the discussion is here. If you found it, I assume most others can too. Nothing stopping someone starting a thread that's not fucked. What's your problem?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'd probably just merge that one into this one as well. sick of opening multiple threads to read the same thing. Sometimes EXACTLY the same thing.

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)

This is a blessing in disguise for the Reds IMO. Time to move on, the re-signing for 2 years at even half the cost of his original deal was a waste of money. Karmichael obviously has some wider issues to deal with and I hope he can sort himself out.

In regards to depth concerns, losing Hunt will not change the Reds chances of success by more than 1%. He never lived up to his price tag and never will. Wrong side of 30 and will only decline from here. A handful of wins every year he has been there, wont make much of a difference.

There is so much talent coming through the Reds system that is squandered or undervalued. Tom Banks was running around club rugby in 2016 and made the Wallabies squad in 2017. Just do a proper job of scouting and you will be surprised. If he was kept around he would be now be handy.

There clearly needs to be a culture change across the Australian sides, not enough focus and dedication to the game. NZ sides light years ahead. It is at a point now where for NZ sides it is unacceptable to lose to any Aussie side given how bad they are.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
He should be sacked. Silly boy but substance use is not a black or white issue. I hope he sorts himself out. More at stake than rugby for the bloke here.

Reactions: TSR

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
The quotes from Hunt’s lawyer are breath-taking!

He’s just coming to terms with what’s in jeopardy? So presumably the last punishment meant very little to him.

The QRU and ARU deserve this situation as they were the ones who lacked the balls to terminate his contract the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.