• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Who the fuck is in charge of media relations at camp Wallaby?
How could they not have scripted a reply for this obvious question that
A) His Tahs team mates would be happy with
B) made no comment on the proceedings,or desired outcomes.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Who the fuck is in charge of media relations at camp Wallaby?
How could they not have scripted a reply for this obvious question that
A) His Tahs team mates would be happy with
B) made no comment on the proceedings,or desired outcomes.
I'm sure there is a script, it seems getting the players to use it is the problem

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
All I said, was it's hardly bullying to remind somebody they owe a bill, regardless of when. I didn't say it was appropriate. Perhaps Beale told her he'd have it sorted out by Saturday and it still wasn't?

Regardless it was an error in judgement - even the best sports administrators in the world have them (I don't know if they exist though because according to the media they're all ducking hopeless).

If a manager brought up an outstanding issue with you right before one of the biggest meetings of the year, would that be bullying?
I wasn't disagreeing about whether it constituted bullying.
Just making the point that it is so ridiculous,it would be hard to think it up.
As an aside,there are errors in judgement,and then there is this.
If it happened,she was so not suited to the role,that Links loyalty to her was farcical.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What is this? Prison?

Well treating them like adults has been tried and not only has it failed but they continue to tweet irresponsible rubbish that, if you read it carefully, clearly implies that unless KB (Kurtley Beale) is acquitted the outcome will be unjust.
Its just bullshit that these guys are continuing to challenge authority.
I say this having the view that unless the third texter is identified and punished KB (Kurtley Beale) is nothing less than a scapegoat.
This simply has to stop.
Our olympic swimmers were banned from social media - if its good enough for them why isn't good enough for the wallabies?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
You can support a team mate, and not condone what he said.
I'm sure we all have a mate who may had said something stupid, still a mate but what you said was stupid.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thats not what he wrote.
That's why they should stay away from social media: they do not have a sufficient grasp of the language and just about everything they write is open to at least 2 interpretations.
If they want to be social or sports commentators fine but don't try to mix the two.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pandaram saying on Fox Sports News that KB (Kurtley Beale) will admit to sending the first text.

The defence (according to Pandaram) will be claiming that the second text, which is apparently the more "offensive" one, was not sent by KB (Kurtley Beale) but had value added by "others".

Journos are bunkering down for a long night at St Leonards..

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
You have offended my honour, and I challenge you to a duel.

A lost art, that one. Why don't we have more of it in this modern age?

Not a bad option. I choose pistols at dawn.

I just know now how Di v Beale will unfold. Observe the illustration below. Watch this space.

marriage-relationships-settle_out_of_court-settled_out_of_court-duels-dueller-pistols_at_dawn-jman241_low.jpg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Braveheart, if you could stop coming out with reasonable, well reasoned posts that I'm consistently in agreement with, that would be great. I would like to get back to unsubstantiated witch hunts and wild accusations if you don't mind.
Hey that was my reasonable post. But I'm on the saurce tonight so willow back with my tin foil helmet and flaming pitch fork later

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pandaram saying on Fox Sports News that KB (Kurtley Beale) will admit to sending the first text.

The defence (according to Pandaram) will be claiming that the second text, which is apparently the more "offensive" one, was not sent by KB (Kurtley Beale) but had value added by "others".

Journos are bunkering down for a long night at St Leonards..

I want to know who roomed with Beale.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Deadset serious. I'm tired of "senior wallabies" leaking shit to the media, others who clearly have no reason (i.e. they're not the board chair, CEO, coach or captain) to be commenting giving their opinion to journos.

Journos are always going to ask the questions, it's on the team to be professional in how they deal with it.

Well, I think the players haven't been the only ones leaking. I think that the ARU and their minions have been doing a bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.