• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
It is a matter of fact that Beale sent a text, the facts have been assessed and he has been punished.

All through this thread many people have chosen to denigrate journalists, players and contributors who dare to challenge that maybe all was not well in the management of the Wallaby setup. The only completely unfounded speculation on this site relates to the quality of management of the Wallaby setup. Criticism of the ARU on the other hand is well supported by the facts.

Take off your tin hats, consider all of the information and join the dots up.
"The only completely unfounded speculation on this site relates to the quality of management of the Wallaby setup"

And that unfounded speculation is coming from journalists. Yes, Beale sent the first text, Yes he has been punished. So why did Wilson write in her article about Beale's conversation with Cheika in which Cheika stated that Beale told him that he discussed the issue with Link? Why was there speculation about a alleged affair? Why did journos seek to discredit Patson using a Linkedin profile of all things. Join the dots

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Partial guilt?
A little bit pregnant.
Some other Wallaby sent offensive texts: what is being done about him? or is that just to be swept under the carpet.
FFS - either there is an issue of principle concerning the Wallaby environment or this was a witch hunt.

IS, there is zero evidence that any Wallaby or anybody sent the 2nd text at this time. The truth will come out in time, but look outside the current Wallaby tent.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Now that it's all over all i can think is this:

A women was put into a position where she felt she had to leave her job for her own safety.

The male that put her into this position was project by the other males in the organization.

That's how I'll remember all this.

You have every right to remember it however you wish, but this recollection will prove to be fantasy.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
To whom does Sir Kurtley pay the money to ?
ARU
Di
or is it just deducted monthly from his pay check?????????

It would have to be to the ARU, methinks.

But an interesting question is: does he pay it out ouf his own pocket (and it got to his pocket after tax was withheld) or could it be paid off the top, that is, his ARU top-up is reduced by that amount?

But I believe that Beales' contract lapses at the end of this year (I may be wrong because I don't register such info in my noggin). If that is the case, and Beale doesn't have readies, it may be to Beale's benefit to keep playing rugby in this country to pay off the fine.

This a not a great mechanism for keeping him here in our code, but it may answer.

How are these matters usually handled in other football codes when there is a large fine?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I am just going to let this go louie. I have been a concerned contributor to the site hoping to provide some balance. For some reason I thought that the sentiments so vociferously put on this site were reflective of a broader view amongst fans and spectators. Which I found alarming.

The reaction to the Tribunal's decision has been illuminating. There is enough information out in the world now reported by major news organisations who take care what they print to allow nearly the whole population to figure it out for themselves. The spite still remaining here is really a small minority. I very much doubt that people very concerned about harassment of women in the workplace are going to be too anxious about giving this example much oxygen.
Some posters made up their mind 2678 posts ago and nothing that has emerged since will change their views. In their minds only 1 person bears any guilt and everyone else is beyond criticism. Anything which doesn't fit their view of this matter is either (a) a conspiracy or (b) speculation, while anything which accords with their view is to be accepted as gospel truth - despite the fact that few (if any) of us have seen ANY of the evidence.

I'm more concerned with the way that the ARU has handled this whole sorry mess. There seems to have been little corporate oversight of the running of the Wallaby set-up (admitted by Pulver) and this leads to the sort of chaotic sight that we've witnessed these past 3 weeks.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
redveincheese said:
"The only completely unfounded speculation on this site relates to the quality of management of the Wallaby setup"

And that unfounded speculation is coming from journalists. Yes, Beale sent the first text, Yes he has been punished. So why did Wilson write in her article about Beale's conversation with Cheika in which Cheika stated that Beale told him that he discussed the issue with Link? Why was there speculation about a alleged affair? Why did journos seek to discredit Patson using a Linkedin profile of all things. Join the dots

You probably haven't really tried to do this for a while. In my 'join the dots' book each puzzle is on the same page and you have to draw straight lines between the dots.

You must have some crazy 3D ipad app which allows any dot in the whole program to be linked to another one.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How many posters will now acknowledge that the journo's got a lot more of this whole sorry saga right than wrong?
Certainly, a lot more right than many posters did too.
Journo's and their publishers don't like being sued, and if they hadn't brought the majority of this to the public's attention, Australian Rugby would have even further imploded, but closer to the RWC.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
To whom does Sir Kurtley pay the money to ?
ARU
Di
or is it just deducted monthly from his pay check?????????
as per the media release the ARU will donate the 45k to an "organisation that promotes the empowerment of women"...........
e23b9664b50b7f30c4996a85ce60f090.jpg

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
as per the media release the ARU will donate the 45k to an "organisation that promotes the empowerment of women".....
e23b9664b50b7f30c4996a85ce60f090.jpg
Smart business heads prevail in this instance. Much can be said about it but it's a genius move nevertheless in my opinion.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
You probably haven't really tried to do this for a while. In my 'join the dots' book each puzzle is on the same page and you have to draw straight lines between the dots.

You must have some crazy 3D ipad app which allows any dot in the whole program to be linked to another one.
It just seems there is a fair amount of character assassination going on in regards to all this for whatever reason. This whole thing starts with Beale acting up on a plane which brings into light a inappropriate text sent months earlier which may have severe consequences for his carreer, then next thing I know I am watching Sky news report that McKenzie will be sacked after the third bledisloe, for hiring an incompetent assistant, mismanaging the players,etc etc. It all seems far from straight line logic. Granted we are obviously not in receipt of the entire story which will lead to polarizing views among us on this forum. From an outsiders point of view, which I am, it seems they (media) have gone very hard in favor of Beale in this matter. As you say, they may be vindicated when further information comes out, and I will have acknowledge my ignorance (once again). We will just have to wait and see.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Not a lot of evidence of smart heads anywhere around this. But I do think that is a very appropriate beneficiary and the ARU can at least salvage a sliver of dignity.

The next steps here are really interesting. If Beale stays in Australia to play rugby I would think it likely:
- he will receive less $ than he could receive in the NRL or overseas
- he really wants to play for the Waratahs and the Wallabies
- he probably values the support he has received from those closely around him

If he wants to stay there will be little the ARU can do it about because I think they have placed themselves in a very weak negotiating position.

Still waiting for some humble pie to be eaten here. I cancelled my fast because there is no need for me to save any room for it.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
How many posters will now acknowledge that the journo's got a lot more of this whole sorry saga right than wrong?
Certainly, a lot more right than many posters did too.
Journo's and their publishers don't like being sued, and if they hadn't brought the majority of this to the public's attention, Australian Rugby would have even further imploded, but closer to the RWC.

What are you basing this on?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Sadly I think none of us are likely to experience the pleasure of knowing what really happened. Even then it would likely turn out that all of us on this whole thread never even got close to being 75% right.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The problem with all these online petitions is that there are too many floating around. If we want to do this, we need to pick one and get right behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.