• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
I hope to God you are being sarcastic. Because if you think that is the only issue here then tha says smething pretty special about you, and not in a good way.

Yes it was irony. The underlying point I was highlighting how easy it is for most of us to engage in casual discrimination, whether it be based on sex, size, religion, ethnicity, social class (eg. "he should go to league if hes going to be like that") etc etc etc

Im not banging the PC gong, just highlighting how inadvertent and widespread it is.

Cheers

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
Threads moving fast not sure if the link has been posted, apparently the author of second text is know to many as mentioned in radio interview between Alan Jones and Rebecca Wilson.

http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/70711#.VE4UyIhXerU

Thanks for that link. Im guessing it will only be a matter of time before the author comes out based on that interview. My god Jones is a tosser though - "Cheika, Beale and McKenzie all discussed the incident back in June"....I dont think so....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think it's pretty safe to say that the drama and blood-letting aren't over yet.

The second texter from the grassy knoll won't stay secret forever.

Listening to Jones for that long made skin crawl.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
This is all bullshit. This is hurting people and their lives. It is just a fucking game and most people are shits at times. Let it go.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks Kenny P. A good summation of what has happened. For the mere expenditure of 16 minutes most of what has transpired in these 3350 texts was explained.

Obviously this was all about the hare and the tortoise after all. Those fast blokes running ahead of me missed the turn off. Maybe they should ring Wayne Smith. Surely someone in his legal department should have explained it all to him by now.

P

Paradox

Has anyone thought to contact Adobe and ask them which Wallabies have bought Photoshop? Bloody amateurs

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thanks Kenny P. A good summation of what has happened. For the mere expenditure of 16 minutes most of what has transpired in these 3350 texts was explained.

Obviously this was all about the hare and the tortoise after all. Those fast blokes running ahead of me missed the turn off. Maybe they should ring Wayne Smith. Surely someone in his legal department should have explained it all to him by now.

Speak for yourself Mulgair, it may have summed up the 90 odd posts you've made to this thread, but not others. Not everyone agrees with Wilson's view or Jones conclusions and therefore their summation may not be an accurate reflection of what has happened or the version of events that have come out from various sides.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Apparently there is a second trial for the plane incident now! And all reports seem to suggest that went something like:

DP: Change the shirt kurt.
KB (Kurtley Beale): Fine (under breath - bitch)
DP: Do I have to bring up the texts?
KB (Kurtley Beale): I don't care anymore. Sick of being blackmailed.
Bunch of others: Alright settle down

Next day: texts revealed, DP flies home, takes compassionate leave and quits. EM drives her to the airport, spends the next 2 weeks worrying about her being alone on some crazy stress meds then quits too.

Texting trial resulted in $45K fine. Plane trial seems to be the same ground again. Just happened to be the tipping point where they were revealed. What's the point? Issue is resolved.

This article says the issue is dealt separately at the request of Beale's lawyers. Not the ARU's or Patston's.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...-with-di-patston/story-e6frf55l-1227102750067

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Oh, he's back now.

Muglair - answer this - if these two REALLY know who sent it, and it would blow all this affair apart, why haven't they said who it is?

If they know it's the truth, no one could successfully sue them.

As it is I would have thought they had deep enough pockets to ride being wrong out anyway.

But no, instead just more smear

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Gagger, I imagine Jones would get a ban if he was on here!! (Don't worry, the man is an absolute tool).
Having said that, there is so much speculation, this thread now consists in large part of people quoting those sources that happen to coincide with their own view, and trashing as rumour-mungers any journalist or otherwise whose position contradicts their own.
If Jones and Wilson know who sent the third text from the grassy knol, they should tell us or else not mention it.
Also have to say, I think it's a bad look for Patston to come out with an interview (possibly paid for) after the hearing but not being prepared to attend the hearing, although I know I'm going to be slammed on this forum for saying that.
One thing Wilson is right about, the rugby public really do deserve to be told the entire truth about this matter, the longer it lingers in the world of rumour and innuendo it's like a cancer on our great game.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Froggy, I would bet that Patston didn't get paid for the interview. She didn't attend the tribunal because everything she said would have been twisted by lawyers. If you're in a fragile state, it's not the best place to be,

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I have a few questions.

Why can it not be determined who sent the 2nd message?
Isn't that technology for that?

Why has this not been discovered?

Hold the 2nd texter to account. Why not?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
...........Also have to say, I think it's a bad look for Patston to come out with an interview (possibly paid for) after the hearing but not being prepared to attend the hearing, although I know I'm going to be slammed on this forum for saying that.
One thing Wilson is right about, the rugby public really do deserve to be told the entire truth about this matter, the longer it lingers in the world of rumour and innuendo it's like a cancer on our great game.
You think?
If I were her,I might give a statement, but no fucking way am I going to any hearing now that I have resigned.
I wouldn't need the stress,there is nothing in it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.